Let's talk about our cars!

s131951
s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
I have an Elantra. It's not sporty, but it carries myself and children safely and in comfort. It connects to my phone. I just wish it had an assistant for a week to rip my 800 CDs to my phone.

I do feel the sportscar bug seeing and hear them on the road though. Then I feel guilty about the trusty Elantra.

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Like any self-respecting mother of two with no cargo living in the flat prairies, i drive an suv
  • s131951
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Like any self-respecting mother of two with no cargo living in the flat prairies, i drive an suv

Hot.
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    edited October 2019
    I have an 07 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. It's a two-door convertible and is kinda flashy when the roof is down. I don't have kids so it's enough for me right now. I bought it off Craigslist in 2014, had 130k on it.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    ellie117 wrote: »
    I have an 07 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. It's a two-door convertible and is kinda flashy when the roof is down. I don't have kids so it's enough for me right now. I bought it off Craigslist in 2014, had 130k on it.

Nice car.. used to own eagle talon (Chrysler version)... Awd turbo.. and a regular one prior that.
  • s131951
    s131951 wrote: »
    I have an Elantra. It's not sporty, but it carries myself and children safely and in comfort. It connects to my phone. I just wish it had an assistant for a week to rip my 800 CDs to my phone.

I do feel the sportscar bug seeing and hear them on the road though. Then I feel guilty about the trusty Elantra.

Sportier than a Smart Car

Sports cars do have a certain appeal. I used to have a Mustang, but the downside is everybody seems to think they have to compete and cut you off to show you that their car is just as good. It probably doesn't help I'm not a speeder and thus make it easier for them to cut me off. I would much rather see the Prius that just cut me off get pulled over and get the ticket than receive one myself.

I just bought (a couple weeks ago) a 2019 Honda Civic

Agreed. I've owned a few sporstcars, so I know what I'm missing, but know what I've gained as well. Someday again.

A Civic is a good all around car. It is what the Elantra aspires to be.
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    An old toyota with a *kitten* up roof and windshield
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I have a 2009 Pontiac Vibe that I’m gonna drive til it explodes but since it’s really a Toyota Matrix it’ll probably never explode
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    I have a 2009 Pontiac Vibe that I’m gonna drive til it explodes but since it’s really a Toyota Matrix it’ll probably never explode

Just don't hit a deer! I was so sad when I lost my vibe :cry:
  • Reckoner68

Just don't hit a deer! I was so sad when I lost my vibe :cry:

I've already hit one deer, and it survived with some extensive bodywork
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Is it a cadillac, cuz thats what all the cool moms have at daycare (and sassy yoga pants....)
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    '16 Fiat 500 pop. Its backseat is as nonexistent as my love life.

fbl9195rsxzr.jpg
  • s131951
    km8907 wrote: »

fbl9195rsxzr.jpg

Because you don't have a backseat. It's cute, though, to match.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member

fbl9195rsxzr.jpg

It's there, but you'd only be comfortable if you're under 5'.
  • s131951
    edited October 2019

fbl9195rsxzr.jpg

It's there, but you'd only be comfortable if you're under 5'.

Who's that lon.. .oh, height, yeah. The Porsche was like that. I fit comfortably in the back of the RX8 though.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    6 months ago I bought a new car. I have 4 kids and needed an upgrade. I ended up with a Escalade.
  • Reckoner68
    6 months ago I bought a new car. I have 4 kids and needed an upgrade. I ended up with a Escalade.

You're gonna need some spinners
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member

Who says I dont already have them ;)
  • Reckoner68

Who says I dont already have them ;)

Well at least one of us is gonna listen to Mannie Fresh for the rest of the workday, that's for sure
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I'm still driving my 2006 Kia Rio5, and I love it. Mainly I love not having a car payment. ;)
    It is incredibly reliable but also very very basic...no power locks or cruise control or any modern amenities. I bought it new around my 30th birthday and I honestly never thought it would last 13+ years.

My husband has a 2015 Toyota Prius we use for road trips & stuff.
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    2014 chevy sonic
    fh5me56d0rrd.jpeg

It's a hammy down but I like it well enough. I can't see when I back up so I'll kill someone one day. It also doesn't take off with as much gusto as I would like but it's blue and respectable so it evens out.