Off season training

I
My soccer and Camogie seasons have just ended. I am planning to improve strength and speed. Most of my work outs will be in the gym, due to the weather. Any ideas on speed work that can be done in the gym? What are your goals during the off season?

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Intervals on the treadmill for speed. There are lots of running apps you can download that have guided run workouts. Nike has some free ones. I’ve also used Aaptive and really liked their guided run options.

I’m off season for running (next race isn’t till April) so I’m just focusing on getting down to my goal weight (which should help a lot when I ramp up my running again).
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    I had to google camogie. Never heard of it!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,967 Member
    I'm off-season for motorcycle racing, big things for me are - well, everything lol. Increased strength, increased 'explosive' endurance, increased overall cardio endurance, increased repetitive endurance....

Mostly doing a cardio/lifting routine, a bit before track season kicks off (mid-January) I'll start my "intense" training program which kind of brings it all together, but is a bit too intense to keep up with long term (5 week program). Tried keeping it up for a few cycles and ended up completely burning myself out on working out all together, so learned that lesson :/