The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• dlbohl1991
    dlbohl1991 Posts: 786 Member
    dlbohl1991 wrote: »
    dlbohl1991 wrote: »
    @sufferlandrian @jennifer_417 i haven’t been on in a while sorry guys still on the goofy shift tho so two days a week I’m a night shifter lol @CaliValleyGirl what do you do for work if you don’t mind me asking🙂

Looking really buffed sir, i remember that black and white picture of yours
    Was it from a diff thread or my profile pic for a bit?

I think your profile picture
    Ohhhhh ok👍🙂
  • dlbohl1991
    dlbohl1991 Posts: 786 Member
    Just finished up my second second shift for the week( idk if that makes sense) now I work 11pm-11am tomorrow night and 11pm-7am Thursday night till I’m off for Friday and Saturday and then back for a 1st shift again Sunday:)
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    On vacation but I'm trying to keep my sleep schedule so I'm not hurting next week. It's barely after 12am and I'm already tired. I am so screwed.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited October 2019
    I have been switching back and forth from daytime bank security to night City Patrol and I hardly know if it's day or night anymore when I wake up. I had to go to another bank site in another town 1.5 hours away for a personal security detail. A teller was threatened by an irate customer and that's taken very seriously, of course. So I was there to watch for all the staff. Pretty easy detail though. No issues. Sometimes people (bank clients) shoot their mouths off before they think. Kinda like stupid joking when going thru airport security. Ugh, it was a long commute but at least I get paid my regular hourly rate for it. I was away 13 hours. I'm a bit spoiled with the 8-9 hr shifts on City Patrol, I think.
    Sounds like you all are doing well (and finally getting a rest, sufferlandrian)
    Welcome back Jenn, pop some pix up here so we can live vicariously. B)
    Heading to Vancouver to apply for our Chinese visas this coming week. Ironically the trip to the coast and the visas will cost about as much as the China tour itself (the tour is an amazing deal.) :s
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,166 Member
    Been stuck cycling indoors lately. 5 degrees is a littler colder than I‘m used to right now so back to riding on the trainer. On the positive side, the programmers at Zwift have a pretty cool sense of humor. They put haunted pumpkins around the course so as you pass them you keep transforming to a T-Rex on a bike. It‘s hilarious to see all the Dinosaurs riding around the course. :smile:
  • CaliValleyGirl
    edited October 2019
    11pm, vacation has completely *kitten* my sleep schedule.
  • sufferlandrian
    I get that. You either mess up the vacation keeping on the same sleep schedule or you bugger up your sleep schedule and have to make the adjustment when you get back. Touch choice but I think I would opt for screw up the sleep schedule and make the most of the vacation. :smile:
  • CaliValleyGirl
    I get that. You either mess up the vacation keeping on the same sleep schedule or you bugger up your sleep schedule and have to make the adjustment when you get back. Touch choice but I think I would opt for screw up the sleep schedule and make the most of the vacation. :smile:

It's been fun, that's for sure
  • sufferlandrian
    I can't wait for my next vacation. My daughter has it all planned already and we don't have a date yet. Winter is just starting and she's got a trip planned for spring break. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    I have zero trips in the near future and I'm ready to go lol :D
  • sufferlandrian
    Winter is still 50 days away and we are already watching the snow reports. One of the speakers my wife went to recently said, "I thought I was coming to Montana, but I think I landed in Southern Canada." :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Down in Vancouver for a week while we apply for our visas for the China trip. Nice to stay at a fancy hotel downtown with a wine theme. Each room has a famous BC winery that sponsors it, and there is a free tasting every evening from 5-6 pm in the lobby bar. Also a complimentary BMW X5 to take us around town to wherever we like. Three minutes walking distance to beaches and Stanley Park and other entertainment venues. Awesome place. And a really good deal with free parking because we are Silver clients of Hotels.com. Parking at hotels downtown costs a fortune! We're saving $40 a day. Kinda nice mini vacation! We'll make the most of it as the past couple days have been he11. It took me 5 hours on the website to fill out the visa applications. ANNNNND... I cracked the base of my thumb in a stupid renovated countertop accident. Went to grab something on the new countertop and missed - jammed the thumb straight through the base joint and Bam! I now have a removable mini cast until I can get in for more x-rays next week. All I need is a broken hand in a cast on my trip to China. At least it's not my dominant hand. ANNNNND, hubby forgot the tap on in the bathroom sink while helping with the online visa applications so the bathroom flooded. We had to take everything out of the drawers and cupboards and leave them out to dry while we mopped up. Stress plus!
  • canadjineh
    Haha, southern Canada (at least where we are) is 11C.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    @canadjineh It's always nice to get away even for a second. Free wine and parking? Sold!! Sorry to hear about the wet bathroom and broken thumb :/

It was fall around my parts for like a week and now we've had a taste of winter lol. Lows at night in the lower 30's but I'm ready for a freeze bc my allergies are crazy. It'll be milder this week and hopefully dry so I can mow our yard one more time.
  • sufferlandrian
    That was a bad one. Euthanasia at 3 AM and the owner was so broken up, she couldn't drive home. Had to have a friend come get her.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    91s6749n2ytu.jpg
    nto7kesnrs8q.jpg
    1etj0xdxpe0k.jpg
    ly4exy51s3zl.jpg
    01hr9uuvdxmf.jpg
    0bu2tphwd8t8.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    Ok, finally, here's a few pics out of the 543434345684364 that I actually took. It was a good time!
  • jennifer_417
    That was a bad one. Euthanasia at 3 AM and the owner was so broken up, she couldn't drive home. Had to have a friend come get her.

Sorry, friend. Hope today is better!

@canadjineh -sorry 'bout your thumb, that's gotta smart! Glad you got away for a bit tho, sounds like fun!

@bethanie0825 - hope your allergies are better!
  • sufferlandrian
    Jen! Those are beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Great to get a peek at your photos, Jen B) Bet you can hardly wait for the next one!