Anyone watch "The Game changers" documentary ?

vm007
vm007 Posts: 241 Member
What do you all think?

Merit to it or another mocumentary ?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Someone started this same thread maybe 2 days ago. I'm on the app so can't give you a link. Interesting conversation there. Check it out. 👍
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    I just tubed it up and can’t wait to watch it. First scene is nothing but elite athletes and the US Marines.How can it be bad? Will report back.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    I am addicted to anything fitness related so I watched it. It dealt with elite athletes, Arnold made a few appearances, and was produced by Jackie Chan so it had that going for it. It is a documentary so they almost always have an agenda of some sort. I can't imagine ever giving up meat completely but it is hard to argue that there are some compelling reasons to consider cutting back.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    I’ll just leave this right here.

https://youtu.be/4achmhzLNoY
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Game Changer is very interesting and I feel like I would like to try it but I also feel like things are going well with my current diet. I eat and or drink animal products at just about every meal and it would be laborious to find food/ beverages that are in compliance.
  • Dame_sans_merci
    Dame_sans_merci Posts: 74 Member
    I’m looking forward to watching this. Can I ask though, does it include any scenes from the meat industry? I’d like to watch it with my bloke who has been veggie for 30 years and I know he will stop watching if it shows this stuff
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    To be honest all it said to me was that i need to increase my plant based foods not necessarily cut out meat.

YES! someone got it...

I'll save everyone 2 hrs.. lol what the synopsis is....PLANTS GOOD! MEAT BAD!

I dont agree with it, but that's the breakdown...
  • psychod787
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    To be honest all it said to me was that i need to increase my plant based foods not necessarily cut out meat.

YES! someone got it...

I'll save everyone 2 hrs.. lol what the synopsis is....PLANTS GOOD! MEAT BAD GOOD!

I dont agree with it, but that's the breakdown...

Fixed it for you.

Oh yes... meat IS good....
  • psychod787
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    I watch it last night. To me it's simple. Everyone should be eating more veggies but no one must go vegan to live a healthy life.
    Also, this is just like any other pro something documentary. It's promoting vegetarian and vegan diets. Obviously it is going to be one sided.

Like I stated.... two hours of plants good... meat bad....
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    sarabushby wrote: »
    I question that if such a simple change could generate such significant athletic improvements, wouldn’t all the dieticians working with our pro teams already have this in place for their athletes?

Exactly! Replace this with any current fad (diet and gear) and ask "If x is so great why aren't the elites doing it?"