TEAM: Flab-U-Less (November)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Hi again everyone! Welcome to all of our newcomers. My name is Melinda and I am acting team captain right now. I have been active on mfp since mid-Jan of 2018 and this is my 15th round on the Biggest Loser Challenge. I started at a whopping 315lbs. after quitting an active job, having surgery, starting my own business, and being on very high doses of steroids. I am now down to 245lbs. which is almost where I spent the majority of my adult life. My diary is open for anyone's viewing pleasure and I am willing to help out in any way that I am able. As far as personal life/hobbies: I am married to my high school sweetie for 20 years, no kids, 2 cats. I own a carpet, tile, grout cleaning business which keeps me pretty active and I am nightshift 911. My husband and I build arcade cabinets and program emulators (think old-school Pac-Man), we like Cons, and pretty much anything fantasy or sci-fi. GO TEAM FLAB-U-LESS!!
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    Yippee! This is my 3rd round! I'm so chuffed to have stuck to something for this long!

SW - 89kg
    CW - 69.6kg
    Target - as many kgs off as possible!

I am 41, mum of 3 from 2 pregnancies (3 babies in 15 months). I work full time in education compliance (Education Dept)

I expected to lose the weight as the children grew older but my oldest is almost 6 and I'm now thanks to MFP almost at my pre-pregnancy weight!

We live in Auckland, NZ. Made the big jump from the UK in 2017.

Due to the pregnancies, I also have severe muscle separation and I'm finally taking the plunge to have them repaired surgically. As a special present to myself, I will also have a tummy tuck done at the same time.

To do this, I have to be at normal BMI so 64kg. Almost there! Surgery is paid for. If I don't make my date, I will lose 10% of the cost paid. That is $1000! Nothing like a bit of pressure to keep me on track!

Looking forward to meeting everyone else!
  • wengypsie
    wengypsie Posts: 5 Member
    Wengypsie
    October 28 weight 216.6
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member

Two months left in the year and I am certain that I will not meet my goal.I have tracked on Mfp for 2627 days .If only I could be disciplined and be consistent :(:s with my food choices I will surely do better. Having lost 50 lbs,two years ago ,I know that I can do it so I am not giving up. I am here for the long haul.

12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Daily Post 10/28
    Track..Yes
    Cal..Under
    Exercise.Yes..Calisthenics and walked 45 mins
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,280 Member
    I am excited to continue with this challenge. I am a mother 3 boys on maintenance. Gained some few extra 10 pounds from stress and a little slacking :(
    I look forward to losing all by the end of the year.

I have one simple mini goal each day of November. The goal is to able to say YES these items
    1. Track: Yes
    2. Calories: Yes
    3. Exercise: Yes

I know out of experience that this is what I need to do to beat the slacking and get myself back on busy.
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    @AB0215
    Hi Ashley
    I was just wondering. I know you said this Sunday is our first weigh in. Is that what I already entered as my starting weight or is it week 1 weigh in?
    The reason I ask is my weigh in days are Monday. So not sure weight it is.
    Sorry I just dont want to screw everything up.
    Thank you
    Sharon
  • Hello Flab-U-Less Team!! I’m so excited to be a part of your team. I am married to my high school sweetie and mom to 3 boys that keep me on my toes. After I stopped breastfeeding our twins (5 years ago 🤦🏼‍♀️) I gained so much weight. Really hoping this accountability will help.

MyHealthSanctuary
    Starting weight 184.6
    Wednesday weigh in day.
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 220 Member
    Hi team!
    I'm excited to be a part of this team and challenge!

My story..
    I've struggled with my weight almost all my life. I've been on this journey on and off for the last 2 years.
    I reached a highest weight of 170lb, and I'm currently at 137lb. My goal is to be 115-120lb.
    I'm recently engaged and want to lose the weight to feel my best for my wedding, and to have my body in peak health as we plan to have a baby!

This challenge will keep me on track, and having the support and motivation of my team mates will help hugely I'm sure!

Onwards and upwards! (Or downwards as I hope the scale will go!)

Xx

• pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Hi. I’m a mom of five and a full time student. We are busy busy busy all the time and the kids are picky eaters. My husband is a vegetarian. I’m usually an “eat whatever’s left and stress snack” type of eater. I’m really hoping to lose weight so I can fit comfortably into my scrubs and clothes. This is my first goal!
  • mram3582
    Hi again everyone! So....Sunday,Nov. 3rd., officially kicks off our Nov. Challenge! This challenge runs from Nov. 3rd to Dec. 7th. We are running a 5 wk. challenge again. So the 1st weigh ins will be those people that chose Sunday as their weigh day. Sorry for the confusion, it keeps things equal.
    We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday/Date)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.[/color]

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: November Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for me to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!

Your team Captain,
    Melinda @mram3582
  • mrsjar5311

@MyHealthSanctuary waves!!!! Hello to another twin mum! Mine are 4 years old and yes, all the weight piled on after I stopped breastfeeding them!
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    Hello November and to all the new people.
    I join TBL a couple of years ago but I haven't been on here for about a year and a half.
    I was having a few issues that started to drive me crazy and basically I lost the plot with calorie counting, weighing etc.
    I now know where things was going wrong with my physical side of things.
    I'd been dealing with crashing blood sugars for 10 years and my hormones started to change and increase around the same time.
    I assumed it was all down to having to cut out loads of foods because I found what I thought was gluten intolerance was in fact real allergy.
    Basically I just kept getting more I'll , quicker and more often. I found out after about 25 years what was making my head so itchy.unforchently it had now developed into swelling of the face and burning as well as all over itching. So I can't eat loads due to contamination issues , vinegars,and modified starches ( which are both in nearly everything now).
    I recently was relieved to realise that the hormones that had destroyed all my hard work is just me getting older and there isn't anything wrong going on with me.
    And after a friend explained Keto to me and giving it ago I now know that it was me eating the wrong things that was causing the crashing sugars.
    The change in diet from going fully gf probably did start in it but now I know where I was going wrong as once I cut out lots of high carb foods including high carb vegetables it hasn't happened.
    So only since June this year have I really felt much better.
    I've been losing 21/22lbs each year then regaining 14 of them back each winter.
    So I've been struggling for the first time ever this past 4 years and angry with myself.
    I finally got off 7lbs since June and want it to say off now. Winter has always been my worst time. I actually did well last year untill January only gaining 7lbs but then it went to 10lbs so back again with the regain.
    I'm a 41 yr old mum of 3 aged 22,9 & 4.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,472 Member
    Good morning everyone!

I've been doing the BL challenge for almost a year now. Some months I struggled but on the whole I think that it has helped me. Here's to a great month!!

Nov starting weight: 148.9
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Hello Flab-U-Less Team!! I’m so excited to be a part of your team. I am married to my high school sweetie and mom to 3 boys that keep me on my toes. After I stopped breastfeeding our twins (5 years ago 🤦🏼‍♀️) I gained so much weight. Really hoping this accountability will help.

MyHealthSanctuary
    Starting weight 184.6
    Wednesday weigh in day.
    Hello Flab-U-Less Team!! I’m so excited to be a part of your team. I am married to my high school sweetie and mom to 3 boys that keep me on my toes. After I stopped breastfeeding our twins (5 years ago 🤦🏼‍♀️) I gained so much weight. Really hoping this accountability will help.

MyHealthSanctuary
    Starting weight 184.6
    Wednesday weigh in day.
    mrsjar5311 wrote: »

@MyHealthSanctuary waves!!!! Hello to another twin mum! Mine are 4 years old and yes, all the weight piled on after I stopped breastfeeding them!

My twins are 14! One boy one girl. My oldest son is almost 16, I have the 14 year old twins, and eleven year old daughter and my little guy recently turned 8. Good luck everyone!
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    Have a great weekend everyone!!!!
  • mrsjar5311
    Off on a ladies weekend. I hope to keep on track with the right choices! Will be back home Monday! Have a great weekend all!
  • mram3582
    @nbbaby It doesn't really matter all that much if you change or keep the initial weigh in. It will look really good for a week and then level. The 1st place prize around here is the same as the last place prize....we're ALL losers!! :p
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    This week has ended great but I'm not changing my start weight as I might do pants next week. 😉
This discussion has been closed.