This picture has me tickled lmaoooo.
    That’s everyone on my street.

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    wiigelec wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I live in Florida... so unnecessary... is that an option.. lol
    Actually we don’t want to hear about it 😁

I lived in NY many moons ago, and I hated shoveling snow, but I also hated the winter and the cold. So I moved... I am now in the California desert, so you probably don't want to hear from me either... :D

Happy shoveling!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    I consider shoveling to be GREAT exercise. Although I swim, bike & run normally. I just limit myself to 15-20 minutes of shoveling and take an elongated rest. Repeat until the driveway is clear.
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    I consider shoveling to be GREAT exercise. Although I swim, bike & run normally. I just limit myself to 15-20 minutes of shoveling and take an elongated rest. Repeat until the driveway is clear.
    That sounds like a good idea. Normally I just want to get it over with so it’s go go go but I’m going to have to give this a try...

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited October 2019
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    wiigelec wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I live in Florida... so unnecessary... is that an option.. lol
    Actually we don’t want to hear about it 😁

I lived in NY many moons ago, and I hated shoveling snow, but I also hated the winter and the cold. So I moved... I am now in the California desert, so you probably don't want to hear from me either... :D

Happy shoveling!

I couldn't live in a place without seasons. But California has them too, there's fire season, earthquake season, riot session, and looting season.

I can't wait for the snow, you'll find be skiing. ⛷️

I think that the cold weather made you a little bit snarky...Many places in the great USA have also fires, looting, murders, hurricanes, flooding, etc...enjoy your skiing while I work in my garden.
  • wiigelec
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

Happy shoveling!
    Lol I remember days past when I actually enjoyed winter but the older I get the more 120 for a couple months a year just might be worth it...

• wiigelec
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    On the rare occasion, I've earned well over 1000 calories in one episode of driveway shoveling (something in excess of 4 hours, working along right steady). I'm calling that exercise. :) And eating up every calorie, besides.
    j6yfp7odgxay.jpg

There's more driveway behind where I'm standing to take the photo, and it curves around across the front of the house (long side of a 1953 ranch house), then back out to the road again. It's a capital-D Driveway. And I'm a li'l ol' lady, age 63. ;)
    It looks like you missed a spot...

• keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    When I was a kid my next door neighbor died shoveling his driveway. Now that I’m an adult I think of that during winter.
    We got our first snow 2 days ago. Not ready for this yet!!!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    9t8wfhexm4au.jpg
    I shoveled my work truck out last year... now that was a workout. 😊

I see what you did there.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Snow blower? pshaw. Snow thrower FTW... :D

3ssvleao010h.jpg

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I enjoy shoveling snow...but it's kind of a novelty since we only get maybe one or two storms per year blow through town that drop enough snow to warrant shoveling...even then, it's usually no more than a couple of inches.

Love where I live though...we get seasons and plenty of snow in the mountains and northern part of the state...I can hit the slopes in the morning and the links in the afternoon.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I enjoy shoveling snow...but it's kind of a novelty since we only get maybe one or two storms per year blow through town that drop enough snow to warrant shoveling...even then, it's usually no more than a couple of inches.

Love where I live though...we get seasons and plenty of snow in the mountains and northern part of the state...I can hit the slopes in the morning and the links in the afternoon.

Weather is so weird. I'm at 47* N and we get snow (in town) every 2 or 3 years.