Milestones. What’s Yours?

Let’s celebrate together our periodic / long-term goals and milestones here! Success secrets? Please share those too! Here’s mine: Reboot of fitness journey back in April of this year after not accepting and knowing that nearly 200 pounds was not a healthy weight. The journey has been a roller coaster ride since but today? A milestone. 184.8. Lowest weight I’ve been in over 2 years. Almost 13 pounds down since April. Over 100 miles logged in brisk nightly walks. Weight training in the morning. Goal? 170 by year end. I’ve GOT this! Success tips? Guessing at least 50% psychological and mental - especially split second decisions. Say NO to that donut at work! Get your butt out of bed! No, you don’t need to eat that entire meal out. Eat half. Plenty of sleep and water. Consistency and focus. And a $4 JNL fitness DVD I picked up at a garage sale! The 10 minute whole body video is life-changing and kicking my butt!

Replies

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Milestones
    Getting under 200 lbs 5 yrs ago (now about 205..was as low as 192)
    Running a 5k in under 30 mins (can do 5km quite easily now but my time has slipped a bit with older age)
    Bench pressing 225 for 10 reps and 300lbs once (I don't lift that heavy anymore...)
    Doing ten real chin-ups (this is a very recent accomplishment!)
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    I re-booted in late spring after getting "re-hipped" in January and April. At my last Dr. appointment in May, I weighed 281 lbs. On October 16th, I weighed 247.6 lbs. I am planning to weigh tommorrow (Trick or Treat!) and hope nay, expect a better number. I have a November appointment and I am pysched up to "blow away" my doctor with much improved appearance and labwork results! Milestones? Every time I walk normally and without discomfort, get in and out of my car, do a pool exercise or a household chore without pain (unless I bump something which I do) is a milestone. So, it can be said I have had many, this year alone!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    just a couple of pounds from no longer being "obese" on the BMI chart. Have no desire to be in the normal range, it's just too light for me. I like that 30 minute 5k goal of riffraff, too. I'm about 5 minutes from that. Biggest goal is to maintain or not gain significant weight over the Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!