Tracey's OMAD Reboot

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Tracey you are doing awesome.....I am literally right there with you but i had a 2lb gain after my long weekend......
    keep up with OMAD and you will totally get in the 160s
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Thanks Donna. I picked up half a pound over the long weekend so I am up to 171.1 pounds. We can totally ditch the 170's together. Let's do this.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    You can do this...you will see 160s soon! :+1:
  • LadyBlanks
    Has anyone experience Sucralose/Splenda having a laxative effect? I have been consuming more than usual sucra drops as I add it to my bubbly water and out of the blue I have these bouts of having to RUN to the bathroom. I thought at first I was becoming lactose intolerant, but now I think it might be the sucralose. My stomach is so loud right now (bubble guts). I hope I don't have to run to the bathroom again because it is a good bit from my office.
  • volgirl1322
    I have not had that happen with the suralose or spelnda......those sugar free gummies though really have that effect!!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I haven't either - the only thing that does that for me is the Xylitol (the stuff in the gummies that Donna mentioned) - Splenda has no effect on me *shrug*
  • jadepearl
    I don't take Splenda so I can't really say much about it. But the SF gummies have that effect on me. However, found this article and I hope this helps https://goaskalice.columbia.edu/answered-questions/sucralose-splenda

Here's where its written - Sucralose and other artificial sweeteners are notorious for causing laxative effects — bloating, diarrhea, gas — in some snackers. This might be because the bacteria in our gut metabolize certain components of Splenda® and produce a fun byproduct: nitrogen gas. Also, the excess of "stuff" sitting in the gut causes osmosis to kick in, bringing water into the colon, potentially causing some unpleasant diarrhea.
  • volgirl1322
    Just checking on you Tracey ---hope all is well!!! Miss you!! <3
  • LadyBlanks
    edited October 2019
    Hello everyone,

I am still here, had a busy week with the passing of my Mother in Law. We had to travel to Alabama for the funeral.

I am back now but wish I had good news on the weight loss front but nooooo. I have been still struggling to get back to OMAD and my weight this morning was 176.1. I am so ready to be back in the 150's. I got new clothes when we were in Alabama and had to purchase a size 14 in bottoms. I am still a medium in tops, but the thighs have ballooned again.. so sad :'( .

I think what I need is a good challenge to force me to do what I need to do, sooooo starting Friday, my husband, my niece, and I are going to be in competition to see who can lose the most weight by Thanksgiving. A 28 day challenge and I am soready for it.

My plan for the challenge: Basic rules OMAD with one water fast day each week. I will be doing a water fast tomorrow and then start Basic OMAD on Friday along with drinking a gallon of water everyday and getting between 7&8 hours of sleep each night. By forcing myself to do this for the competition, by the end it should be natural and I should be able to continue on to maintenance.

I also have my 3 day fast starting on Monday so that should give me a good boost as well.

You all are doing so great though, I am so proud of you!!!

***Happy Wednesday***
  • mistymeadows2005
    I LOVE A CHALLENGE!!! Nice idea!!! Plus it'll get you back into the habit, and you'll have folks doin' it with ya!!! You've got this babe!!! Love ya!
  • volgirl1322
    Hi Tracey---sorry about your MIL......

That is great news on the challenge ----you know how to shed those pounds and you will get there for sure---the 28 days should get you so close to where you want to be. Hopefully by then I will be in maitenence too and we can finally join Steph I know she is lonely LOL.... :p

You got this girl!!!! <3
  • LadyBlanks
    edited October 2019
    Thanks Friends,

I am excited for the competition. My husband keeps declaring he is going to win, but he has a problem with late night snacking so if I can stay focused and on plan, I will hopefully be able to beat him. I am not really concerned about winning per se; if I am able to get solidly back on track and get to a good place, I will consider it a win even if I am not the one who loses the most.

My weight this morning 174.6... a 1.5 pound overnight loss. Today is water only so I am hoping I can at least have another 1.5 pound overnight loss, which will have me starting the challenge at 173.1, but a 2+ pound loss would be even better. With my 3 day fast, I am hoping to be in the 160's by next Friday.

I am not going to set a competition end weight goal, I am just aiming to be true to my plan and let it do what it does. No compromises.

I managed to drink 96 ounces of water yesterday and I am aiming for the gallon (120 ozs) today and each day of the competition.

We definitely need to get the Three Amigos back together in Maintenance. We got this!
  • volgirl1322
    Tracey that is a solid plan. Since I have upped my water intake I have noticed a huge difference I try to get at least 120 per day and now that I have done it for a while it is so eaasy and I actually crave the water ---so not me.....

I am also hoping to be at 173 tomorrow not sure if I will or not maybe if I can stay away from treats tonight I will be.......

• LadyBlanks
    Say Whaaaat, It is 2:37pm and I just finished my gallon of water. Woot! Woot! Now off to the bathroom...gotta go, gotta go, gotta go. Any further water this evening is bonus... Yay me!!!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Wow your weekly meal plan looks so organised! I’m impressed 😁
  • mistymeadows2005
    AMAZING WORK on the water!!! It's really helpful in the battle we fight daily <3 CHEERING YOU ON!!! You've got this wonder woman! :)
  • jadepearl
    So sorry to hear about your MIL <3 Great job on your water intake..I finally succeeded in getting in 2L minimum per day. You can do this! :+1:
  • volgirl1322
    Way to go girl!!!!!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Are you going to have a reward for whoever 'wins' at the end? You got this though! I hope you're all successful, but... kick their butts! ;)
  • LadyBlanks
    Happy Friday OMAD Fam!

It is November 1st. Day one of my weight loss competition against the hubby (not for sure if niece is going to join in). We did our day 1 weigh-ins this morning and the starting numbers are:

Me: 170.8 pounds
    Hubby: 211.3 pounds

Did you see that weight 170.8 pounds :D:p A 3.8 pound overnight loss having just consumed a gallon of water yesterday. I definitely wasn't expecting that.

An excellent starting weight for this competition which will conclude with a Thanksgiving morning weigh-in. Again the plan for this competition

Basic OMAD (One Meal, One Plate, One Caloric Drink, One hour)
    Wednesdays will be water only days
    Drink one gallon (128 ounces) of water daily
    Get 7-8 hours of sleep each night
    30 minute workout each day
    Get in a minimum 10,000 steps

Looking forward to seeing your great Friday weigh-ins.