Anyone ever try Isagenix or Go Cleanse?

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited October 2019
    I can see the handwriting on the wall and this will probably end up in the debate section.

Almost all products like this are created in a lab and manufactured in a plant. They are made of denatured proteins and a lorra lorra sweeteners and other manufactured ingredients. Do we really have any idea if the ingredients are consistent, bottle after bottle. No, we don't know that. We buy these products on blind trust and they could full of sawdust but only the Shadow knows what's really in it.

Many moons ago, I tried it. It made my belly blow up bigger than a basketball. No, it wasn't some sort of bad gut die-off cleansing thing. It was from too many manufactured ingredients and a denatured protein kind of a thing.

So I encourage myself to think produce over products. Products that make wild claims but leave you empty handed due to the expense. All created in a lab and manufactured in a plant. Our mileage will always vary.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Oh please, no. Don't move this to the debate section. Regardless of the ridiculous claims of the product, it's still a zombie thread that someone decided to use for their first ever post on mfp. Let's let it RIP...

Never use those words when there are guys around. 😨
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Oh please, no. Don't move this to the debate section. Regardless of the ridiculous claims of the product, it's still a zombie thread that someone decided to use for their first ever post on mfp. Let's let it RIP...

Never use those words when there are guys around. 😨

They'll all break out into a game of Beyblade.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    Nobody does well in MLM. It's impossible since you recruit your own competitors.

This is not entirely true. Yes, the reality is that a very, very small percentage of people find success in MLM. I was an exception. I made a career out of an MLM business (Tastefully Simple) for nearly a decade. I made fantastic money, drove a company vehicle, took amazing trips and met great people. I stopped actively doing parties when my kids were teenagers because it became too hard to do parties and still make it to all of their games and activities. I had a large enough client base that I was able to continue making money and maintain my lifestyle for two years after I stopped doing parties because of my online orders. I think I found success because I never relied on my down line for my income. I worked hard. I did the amount of parties and vendor events I needed to maintain the income I wanted and anything I made from my team was just icing on the cake. I finally stopped altogether after I lost all my inventory and supplies in a house fire. If that hadn't happened, I would probably still have my website.

As far as Isagenix, yeah...it's crap and a complete diet gimmick.

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member

The person that resurrected it was probably given an Internet beating on another forum for not using the search function to see if the topic was already out there.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member

Everyone who was in an MLM and didn't see the light says this.

I've never seen anyone be truthful about it though. They talk about the big checks and the trips and leave out the part where they have to spend $400 per quarter to keep being a seller, and how the "free" trips hit your taxes like an anvil and are far from free, and of course, all the pressure and brainwashing. Oh, and the cars are not free either.

It's called a pyramid SCAM for a reason. The fact that you had a team and made money off their hard work makes you complicit. Not something I'd be proud of if I were you. :/

Sounds like you had a bad experience or someone (or several someones) you know did. I'm not surprised by that. Not all experiences are bad ones. Many believe it is a get rich scheme...and most times it is. I didn't go into the business blind like some do thinking that I could just get a bunch of people to start selling it and then I would be able to sit back and let them do all the work. I DID the work, always. I sold Tastefully Simple for ten years. There was no light to see. I was successful. Most are/were not. I am now a full time financial analyst. I understand business. I understand finances. I understand profit. I ran a business. Most who try MLM are unsuccessful for a number of reasons, mostly thinking that it's easy and not real work.

I will repeat. I never, ever depended on my team, which was quite small compared to the top people in my company. The most I ever had on my team at any given time was nine people and they joined me because they saw me having fun, not because I made them empty promises. I led by example by putting in the work and doing parties, usually six a week right up until I decided to stop doing active parties - not by recruiting. All of the people who were on my team continue to be friends today. One of them is my best friend. None of my down line ever created teams of their own and most had minimal sales but I was fine with that. I didn't build a business based on a pyramid. I never held recruiting seminars. It wasn't the way I worked. I built a business by building a large client base that loved the food I sold. I developed corporate relationships where doctors and business offices chose my products as gifts and incentives for their clients. I worked. Every day. My sales were the source of my income and I worked damned hard to maintain my income.

I never said that I took free trips or had a free car. I said that I took amazing trips and drove a company vehicle. I paid the insurance for the car and I paid my taxes for my income including the trips. This is no different than any business owner - you pay taxes on your income. It's possible that my background in accounting and finance gave me a leg up on building a business. I understand the principles of making a profit. I paid the taxes on my earnings quarterly so that I wouldn't be hit with a tax bill at the end of the year. I never spent money out of my pocket to stay active. I worked to make money, not spend money. When I actively stopped doing parties, I voluntarily surrendered my team because I always believed that being a leader meant doing the work. I didn't run my business like a pyramid. I ran it like a business owner with an invested interest in maintaining profits through sales.

The fact that you judge people you don't know and make assumptions about them is not something I'd be proud of if I were you.

Edited to add that you may be confusing client with team. I continued to make money after I stopped actively doing parties because my clients/customers continued to purchase products from me online and from my inventory at my home. I didn't make money off my team any longer because I surrendered my team to my up line when I made the choice to not do do parties. I didn't have a team for those last two years.

I don't need to know you to know MLMs are evil. Just like I don't need to know a thief to know stealing is wrong.

The thing is...they actually work on many of the same principles that other products do, but they give easy entry into a non-traditional distribution method.. And for the record, in order for something to be an actual pyramid - in the illegal sense, there would have to be no product or service transactions involved. Pyramids are illegal - with the only exception I know of being the US's Social Security scam.

I am not a fan of MLM's. I do not like much of the 'fake' enthusiasm at the 'sales meetings', etc. I don't like the methods, but I know a number of people, who have put in honest work - real work - who have been successful at them. It's not for most people. It's not for me either. But the warm market concept is not too different from word of mouth.

They also primarily use the same sales techniques as other businesses: present a problem, show a solution, and sell a solution.

The only thing I really take issue with is that some of these misrepresent what they are. For example, I remember responding to a job advertisement maybe 25 years ago or so. I thought I was going in for an actual job interview. It was far from that and I hated feeling misled. To me that was shady.

I would agree with the 'evil' comment if all MLMs were 100% based on misleading their clients/customers/recruits. But that is not actual fact. I just think saying "MLMs are evil" is too broad of a statement.