Non Scale Victories

Replies

• katy9599
    katy9599 Posts: 873 Member
    edited October 2019
    👖🎉😊 Yay! Celebrate new (old) jeans! I got into a pair this week too. I still need to work on losing the muffin top, but they were inches away from buttoning last winter. And I was searching all over for my skinny jeans before realizing I was WEARING THEM! They’re just so much looser in the hips/ legs now I thought they were my straight cut jeans. Guess I need a new pair!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Good job hansep0012.....
  • conniewilkins56
    You too, gewel1321.....love finding “ new” clothes in the closet!
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Thanks, @conniewilkins56 :) and good job @katy9599 - you did find a jeans emoji!
  • conniewilkins56
    Must be the week for finding jeans because I squeezed into an old pair, too!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Amazing everyone! I've always put off wearing jeans due to my fat legs but might give them a go now too :)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    merph518 wrote: »
    I just went through the "not yet" side of my closet and was able to move 5 shirts and a suit jacket to the "now fitting" side. One of them is an XL -- the first item of that size that I fit into well enough to wear in public.

Sizes vary like crazy. I have some 2XL shirts that are baggy, some that fit well, others that are a little too tight and yet others that aren't even close to fitting yet. /headdesk

I am running into a new phenomenon called "Slim Fit" which has caused a few internet ordered items to be returned because I did not pay enough attention. On first glance it seems kind of stupid. How is a person a slim large? On further review it just means there is yet another category of clothing I can't wear. Maybe it is just that I am old and curmudgeon-y but I hate most of the casual clothes that I have to choose from now. I just need to keep expanding my shopping sites/stores I suppose.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Right? I used to buy Old Navy Jean's for work. Straight Leg mid-rise. Now every single pair is labeled "skinny". Skinny rock star, skinny bootleg, skinny skinny. I don't want to wear a skinny Jean to work!! I work in industry, I stick enough without skin tight pants and I worked too hard to buy a bigger size in order to not show every book and cranny.
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    women's sizes are so dumb. I stopped in at a thrift store yesterday and tried on two size 16 pants (I think I'm actually closer to 18, but there wasn't anything I liked in that size). one pair just barely fit, and the other fit fine in the legs, but not at all in the stomach/waist. bah. still felt like a victory because size 16?! awesome.

I got them both anyway, since you never know what you'll find at the thrift store. and it's kinda fun to have clothing goals.
  • NovusDies
    amkita wrote: »
    women's sizes are so dumb. I stopped in at a thrift store yesterday and tried on two size 16 pants (I think I'm actually closer to 18, but there wasn't anything I liked in that size). one pair just barely fit, and the other fit fine in the legs, but not at all in the stomach/waist. bah. still felt like a victory because size 16?! awesome.

I got them both anyway, since you never know what you'll find at the thrift store. and it's kinda fun to have clothing goals.

I am sure the man that decided they were a good idea was trying his best!
  • amkita
    NovusDies wrote: »
    My NSV is that yesterday I felt back in control of my hunger again. This may mean, and don't quote me on it, that the extra energy demands of healing are mostly passed.

that's a nice one. and it's great that you're listening to your body. all the work you've been doing has given you some powerful tools to deal with all the fun stuff life can throw at us.
  • NovusDies
    amkita wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    My NSV is that yesterday I felt back in control of my hunger again. This may mean, and don't quote me on it, that the extra energy demands of healing are mostly passed.

that's a nice one. and it's great that you're listening to your body. all the work you've been doing has given you some powerful tools to deal with all the fun stuff life can throw at us.

You quoted me after I said not to!

I was waiting for that... yep... I am in a weird mood.

In general I am not a "listen to my body" type person but I think that helps me when I do need to listen to it and evaluate what I think I am hearing.

• amkita
    @NovusDies you goofball.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    @conniewilkins56 Fall down 5 times get up 6! Good for you for getting back up.