Planned meals

Do my planned meals look okay. Not to sure where to start.

Much appreciated with any information and where to start.

iuh12kpcpl77.jpg

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Sweet chick?

37 grams of protein pasta?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I'm a little confused. What exactly are you asking our opinion on? Calorie count? Macros?

Did you weigh and enter each ingredient separately? I'm not sure what I'm looking at or for?
  • MellowMonster93
    MellowMonster93 Posts: 16 Member
    Sweet chick?

37 grams of protein pasta?

It's just what I called it I can list what I'm using
  • LyndaBSS
    If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat and log into the food diary.
  • MellowMonster93
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    I'm a little confused. What exactly are you asking our opinion on? Calorie count? Macros?

Did you weigh and enter each ingredient separately? I'm not sure what I'm looking at or for?

I was informed by some guy in the gym that carbs aren't good so I'm confused
  • MellowMonster93
    mj336otfzvh0.jpg
  • MellowMonster93
    63q6a360ftnf.jpg

• MellowMonster93
    o3o5dtjnf6pi.jpg
  • MellowMonster93
    u0jk8ngydi15.jpg
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

That guy at the gym is misinformed. Our bodies need carbs.

Eat the foods you love. Stay in a calorie deficit. Lose weight. It's that easy.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member

Carbs cause water retention, just like sodium, except carbs cause far more water retention than sodium. This unfortunately has led to a cult-like abhorrence of carbs in diet forums and at gyms, when in reality the only downside of carbs is that you store a few more pounds of water. It's just water. There's nothing wrong with carbs. You can eat a bagel for breakfast, slice of pizza for lunch, bowl of pasta for dinner, and a candy bar for dessert, and will lose exactly as much fat as someone who ate the same amount of calories in keto food.

Get yourself a calorie number in the MFP Goals tool above, based on your weight loss goals, hit that number religiously and fanatically every day or as often as possible, and you will lose the amount of weight you told MFP you want to lose. Eat foods you love; deny yourself nothing but the huge portion sizes. Just hit that calorie target and all will be well. You don't need to bother with anything but that calorie target.