What exercise apps do you use?

What are some exercise apps you love that are on your phone?

Replies

• neyagoal
    neyagoal Posts: 65 Member
    It depends on ur goal and fitness level really.. When I just started my journey I found 7 min workout app to be really challenging and real killer(u can change duration) as it s HIIT workout that uses a lot of bodyweight exercises with whole body workouts, arms, legs, abs and stretches.. Now, when I am able to do workout for 3 hr a day, I find it bit boring and not enough variety but it keeps u accountable and burn good no of calories, especially if u alternate days..
    For the past month I am using app that targets legs and gave me amazing results, but I find ur post quite interesting and hope someone will give us a recommendation for an app that has good variety.. I hear that freeletics s also amazing, maybe I will try it soon
  • peachvine29
    peachvine29 Posts: 400 Member
    I have the "Strong" app, I use it to track my lifting. It's awesome!! I put in my routines including exercise and number of sets, it has a library of all lifts and shows you how to do them, times my workout, shows me PR's, 1 rep max's, and also has a timer for resting between sets.
  • Livhere
    Livhere Posts: 141 Member
    @neyagoal I was just curious what other people had on their phones for fitness. I didn't really have a specific goal in mind with finding one. Just wanted to know what other people used. :D The apps I have on my phone for fitness are Lose weight in 30, down dog, MFP, & 30 day fitness challenge.

Awesome! I'll check it out later today :)
  • warukimedesu
    warukimedesu Posts: 27 Member
    Strava for running and cycling, Bodyspace for weight training.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Garmin for my data.

Half Mile for the trail work I do, that's the format they want reports in.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    MapMyRun and Bodyspace
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    MapMyHike cuz I'm a map geek. I don't have it synced to MFP.

It's helped me not get lost on new trails and non trails in my new favorite hiking location.

As a former Girl Scout, I can't help but feel like this is cheating :lol:

It will cut out in places where no GPS is available, so there's that.
  • 84creative
    84creative Posts: 128 Member
    I use MFP to track my calories and Bodyspace to track my progress (photos).
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    I'm predominatly a cyclist: Garmin Connect, Strava and Wattbike apps.

Samsung Health to roughly count my steps.

I don't sync them to MyFitnessPal.
  • daveredvette
    daveredvette Posts: 87 Member
    Training Peaks and Garmin connect. If you are looking for multi sport workouts and track performance look into Training Peaks
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited November 2019
    I have the "Strong" app, I use it to track my lifting. It's awesome!! I put in my routines including exercise and number of sets, it has a library of all lifts and shows you how to do them, times my workout, shows me PR's, 1 rep max's, and also has a timer for resting between sets.

+1 on the Strong app. It's free and if you're a lifter (or even somebody who doesn't consider themselves a lifter - just somebody to lifts some) it's hard to beat. The library of lifts is extensive, and you can even add your own if you don't see one that looks like something you do.
  • kdhaile
    kdhaile Posts: 26 Member
    I use MapmyFitness and have it connected to MFP for workouts. The program let me create my own weight workout program and it's free!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Garmin connect and Strava