Calories

So my calories are set at 1460 but with my job being so active around 500 calories or more gets added, my question is do you eat these because I have been and my weight loss has been really slow lately, I don’t feel hungry I just eat because they are there lol. Some
Help would be much appreciated

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    I do not. I only eat back calories from my daily workout, not from my step count. You could try only eating back half if you think you would be too hungry at 1460.
  • kirstyjayne3916
    kirstyjayne3916 Posts: 2 Member
    My Fitbit automatically goes onto workout mode when I’m at work and then it updates MyFitnessPal. But I think I shouldn’t be eating them if my weight loss has slowed down. I just burn so many calories throughout the day, I’m
    New to all this so it’s confusing. Thanks for your reply
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Your job should be accounted for in your activity setting.

Activity and exercise are two entirely separate entities if you are using this site as designed.

Or do you have an activity tracker synced?

The more information you give the more targetted the advice given can be.

e.g. "weight loss has been really slow lately" doesn't really have any context. How slow is slow, how lately is lately?
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Are you losing the amount expected? If not, how long has it been. Daily weight fluctuates wildly. Weekly is better. Several weeks show more of a trend. If not, then adjust accordingly. All the numbers from MFP and fitbit are estimates. They get you close then you have to adjust to meet your goals.

Another thing to consider. If you don't have much to lose, you won't lose it quickly. You can lose a couple pounds a week if you are obese. If you are close to a healthy weight then expect less than a pound (and not every week).