15 inch arms club

Started working out 18 weeks ago with 14 and a half inch arms. Measurement this morning was 15” 3/8ths and I’m now working towards 16 inch arms.

Who’s in the 15 inch arms club?

Are you close to 16 inches?

How long did it take you to get to 16 inches.

I’ll be posting my progress monthly as I work towards this goal. Feel free to ask questions. Share advice and let’s encourage each other to reach this goal.

Replies

• flotek72
    flotek72 Posts: 498 Member
    Just curious. What body fat % should one be before taking a measurement like this seriously?
  • 84creative
    84creative Posts: 128 Member
    I’m 5’9” and 12st/168lbs. I’m probably around 15% body fat if I had to estimate. I don’t store much fat around the biceps/triceps area but I can feel some just under my delts. I think as long as you’re not adding an inch of fat to your arms you’re making progress. To answer your question possibly sub 16% in my opinion.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm 17" but I don't do arm work specifically. They grow like weeds with stimulus and gives a odd appearance as a whole.

Building strength is more important with the goal of powerlifting than aesthetics to me. Aesthetics is just a by-product of my training not a focus.

For those I train with hypertrophy goals that includes arms, I usually dose myo reps as one form of overload. Arms are pretty simple to grow with adequate calories and stimulus since they recover easily within intelligently programming.
  • 84creative
    @chieflrg at my biggest I had 15 5/8th inch arms. Training for 6 months on and 6 months off for years. 12 sets, 3 mins rest between sets. Now with 1 mins rest and utilising RIR I’m getting much closer to my goal and I’m 12 yeas older too.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    I think I'm >15" but can't say I've specifically measured nor do I know how long it took to get there. Guess it would be fun to check.
  • 84creative
    @watts6151 Looks Impressive and you look Pretty lean too.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    My right arm is 15 1/4" but my left arm has some catching up to do!
  • 84creative
    My right arm is 15 1/4" but my left arm has some catching up to do!

Same here. My right arm is 15 3/8 and my left is exactly 15.
  • 84creative
    Im assuming this is normal as my legs, calves, arms, forearms are all smaller on my left side and I’m right handed.
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    Is this a measurement taken while flexing? I haven't checked for a decade and don't really train arms anymore but been thinking I'd like to again.. they just need some work and I probably need some motivation.
  • 84creative
    edited November 2019
    Yeah I took mine while flexing over a week and a half ago.

oitazlwriswz.jpeg
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    watts6151 wrote: »
    I have no idea, cannot remember the last time I measured them, suppose I should know I as train for size and aesthetics

Taken this just now, no pump and carb depleted but still decent

6sudvpcv7pha.jpeg

Your forearms are like the same size as your biceps for *kitten* sakes! Nice job man
  • 84creative
    [quote="CherylAW1586;c-44450100"

Doing it for the girls 👌🏽😎💪🏽
    [/quote]

Impressive!
  • CherylAW1586
    CherylAW1586 Posts: 10 Member
    84creative wrote: »
    [quote="CherylAW1586;c-44450100"

Doing it for the girls 👌🏽😎💪🏽

Impressive![/quote]

Thank you 🙂
    I'm 2 months in to a full years bulk now.
    Let's see how big we can get em 😉💪🏽💯
  • smith667metal
    smith667metal Posts: 29 Member
    My left is 17 1/2 and the right is 17
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Oh no, I'm still just below 12...but the pictures are inspiring!
  • Alia_R
    Alia_R Posts: 410 Member
    Oh no, I'm still just below 12...but the pictures are inspiring!

Mine are slowing getting there; sitting at 13 inches currently. I agree, seeing these pictures are really inspiring!