Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Is Giving Out Candy on Halloween Adding to the Obesity Problem?

14567810»

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited November 2019
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I feel like I have to post this on some Halloween thread, and this one has already turned South a few times, so I'll risk putting it here.

Aren't you relieved that there's organic candy corn? Evidently, they couldn't source organic shellac, but fortunately they did find organic carnauba wax. The non-organic carnauba wax is so unhealthy!

v0pxbm3gq7qd.jpg

What the actual F?

Organic is not sufficient. I only eat locally-sourced, humanely-raised, in-season, non GMO, vegan, gluten-free, and 100% paleo candy corn. (And it's still terrible!)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I feel like I have to post this on some Halloween thread, and this one has already turned South a few times, so I'll risk putting it here.

Aren't you relieved that there's organic candy corn? Evidently, they couldn't source organic shellac, but fortunately they did find organic carnauba wax. The non-organic carnauba wax is so unhealthy!

v0pxbm3gq7qd.jpg

What the actual F?

It's gotta be healthy, the shelf life is less than a year from now! Not a treat I would want around for the zombie apocalypse, but until then.

(ETA: Eh, I still wouldn't want them, but we can feed them to the drunk children that show up at @NovusDies' house.)

Or just add them to his soup.
  • Lobsterboxtops
    Lobsterboxtops Posts: 92 Member
    You are all missing the obvious thing to hand out on Halloween...clearly you should be handing out rocks.

Not only did Charlie Brown not end up with a boatload of extra calories, but he got a good workout carrying around a bag of heavy stones.

Start collecting now for next year.

(I may or may not have been trying to figure out if I could hand out paver stones that have been sitting in my driveway for two years the the little blighters).
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    You are all missing the obvious thing to hand out on Halloween...clearly you should be handing out rocks.

Not only did Charlie Brown not end up with a boatload of extra calories, but he got a good workout carrying around a bag of heavy stones.

(I may or may not have been trying to figure out if I could hand out paver stones that have been sitting in my driveway for two years the the little blighters).

Paint popular cartoon characters on one side, and slogans like "lift heavy to be a superhero" on the other side, and it'd be fine. Start painting now, you'll be ready by next October.

Alternatively, just list the pavers for free on Craigslist, pickup only. ;)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »

What the actual F?

Well, those little Lac beetles will go where they want to so there is no way they can control if they eat organic or not. Got to have more control over your livestock to call it organic. At least they know where the palm trees are for the wax.

Hmm, I would think there might be some kind of tiny humane free-range corral setup that would be OK with the non-vegan segment of the target demographic.

;)
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,729 Member

Stone soup? (I don't know if any kids read that any more)