How do I lose body fat and tone up

I have been using the MFP app for almost a year now. I am at my goal weight, but I would like to lose body fat and tone up. Any ideas for low impact, at home, routines?

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    I love Fitness Blender workouts. They are on YouTube but it's easier to filter their workouts to find what you need on their website. They have LOTS of options.

I also like PopSugarFitness on YouTube but sometimes you do have to know how to modify the move yourself to know how to make it low impact. You really can do any workout you want as long as you know how to modify the moves to your ability level. So even if you pick one and it's really hard and you can't do all the moves or do less of the moves, that's fine. You just keep doing what you can and you will build up to being able to do it all.

And Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube is also fantastic. I should do way more yoga than I do because I always feel so awesome afterwards and it's important to stretch!

If you are open to paying for programs to follow then I've used both Daily Burn and BeachBody on Demand and really enjoy both. I would say Daily Burn is a bit less intense (generally) than BeachBody and probably a bit better for a beginner. They even have a program specifically for beginners to follow which was what I followed when I first started losing weight and it was really helpful to just slowly learn a lot of the moves and how to modify them to meet my needs.
  • rbaldwin21
    rbaldwin21 Posts: 3 Member
    I like Jessica Smith on you tube
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Maintaining weight while losing fat and gaining muscle is called a recomp. It usually requires lifting progressively heavy weights. Look for a program like stronglifts or thinner, leaner, stronger. There's a good thread about finding a lifting program...
  • OP there’s 2 threads for you but I can’t link. One is called recomposition and the other which lifting progrsmmme is best for you.
    I should learn how to do this
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited November 2019
    Leslie Sansone walking videos are low impact: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVl6ZdslZz2Zj-34bMJFPbg

I second Jessica Smith.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    nvw84d wrote: »
    I have been using the MFP app for almost a year now. I am at my goal weight, but I would like to lose body fat and tone up. Any ideas for low impact, at home, routines?

my 2 cents.... Dial in your diet & Body Weight Strength Training.... plus maybe add in some dumbbell work.

Best of Luck!