What's on your mind?

Replies

• CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    You might have a shopping problem if your husband instinctively gets up and goes to the door when he sees an Amazon van.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    how many of you would enjoy house arrest

Can I have company and unlimited snacks and TV?
  • your_future_ex_wife

ya, u just cant go more than 5 ft out your door

That’s cool. I could do that for six months easy.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member

Compared to jail it would be a breeze, for however long. 🔒
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member

ya, u just cant go more than 5 ft out your door

Two things would kill me

1) I’d miss the outdoors
    2) knowing that I couldn’t leave would make me obsess about wanting to leave
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Kinda sorta realizing how uninteresting I am and that that probably contributes to why I am so isolated and alone. I can't be like all those curated stories you see on Instagram or the super polished stories on Facebook. That's not the kind of life I have. I don't do interesting things and I keep to myself. Always have, always will.

The more and more I examine it, the more and more social media (not being social, but media that *is* social) bums me out. Most of it is fake or highly curated to omit anything negative. Sure, sure, the filters are fun and there are parts I enjoy (like hanging out and bullshitting here), but a lot of it is just.. well, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Social media bums most people out even if they don't realize it. We have a weird culture now. One I am not so much a fan of. I have friends posting on FB like their lives/relationships/kids are perfect when in reality they are a *kitten* show. And you know what? I love them even with a *kitten* show life. I don't know why they feel the need to pretend. It makes me sad. All the filters make me sad. When will who we REALLY are be good enough?

100%.

Social media has been bumming me out for decades at this point. I barely go on FB now and the only reason I have an account still is because I have family there and they aren't going to use things like Skype or aren't going to text me (different generation). Most of what friends/family post isn't terrible, but it's a lot of dumb memes or *ugh* political stuff and I end up snoozing people for half a year because of it.

Honestly? It's the inability of people to open up and ADMIT that their life isn't all rainbows and sunshine and to be okay with that. Only curating and showcasing the highlights of your life like you're in some sort of *kitten* movie. And what's worse is that I have witnessed the shift. I've been on and around computers enough to witness how the culture went from starting drama and creating a *kitten* show of "unfortunate events" to this wholesome, Country Homes and Gardens type magazine front. And it's all just that: a facade. They aren't fooling anyone except themselves, but they feel they can't be anything else. To be otherwise is to incur judgment and spite from your peers.

It's just.. yeesh. On the one hand, there are a lot of cool things about living in society today. On the other? There are so many negatives that I kinda just want to pack up and go be a hermit in the woods until I die.

Absolutely. It is so weird because on one hand you have people saying "It's okay to not be okay" and encouraging mental health and all that YET you have people trying to hide from reality and putting on these masks.
    I don't go on FB much anymore because of it. I use it primarily to find out about events that I will likely never attend 🤣 But IG is the same way. How many people post the ugly stuff? Not many. The people who do are usually the type who find it impossible to find positive so they just get eye rolls anyway. I just wish people were more real. The fake ones make the real people feel incompetent or unworthy and that's so screwed up.

The fake ones are easy to spot from a mile away. One of my biggest pet peeves is when ladies have an Instagram account with almost exclusively selfie poses in yoga pants. It reeks of self-importance & is a total eye-roller On the other hand, airing the negatives of your life serves no positive purpose on social media. But you can still be authentic without being negative.

I disagree. Especially for younger people.... Not too long ago a very well known celebrity came out that she struggles with depression and it made a huge impact on young girls. Some people need to know they are not alone. Everyone needs to see that just because you are rich, famous and have a good relationship doesn't mean you don't have your own internal struggles.
    The whole issue with social media is it makes people feel like they are the one with a problem. If everyone they know only posts the positive stuff and vacation photos they think that those lives are perfect.
    I don't post a lot of negative crap on FB, but I don't post much to begin with. I am not talking about people posting "woe is me" but it IS okay to not be okay every minute of every day. People who are doing it just to show life isn't a fairytale, not the people who do it for a pity party.
    Anyway, just my opinion

I stand corrected. I guess you can air some of the minuses without throwing the 'wow is me' pity party but just to be authentic.

I don't know. I think personal stuff shouldnt be shared. Theres just some things that should stay private. Is it wrong to walk around smiling and laughing and sharing things about my kids that I love or appreciate? Do I really need to announce my recent break up...is it ok to post things that bring a smile to my face?
    Not sure if this makes sense.

I don't want people to announce every break up and air their dirty laundry. That stuff IS private. I also live seeing people be positive and find the good even in a crappy situation, but that is not how most people behave. Most people either post only the bad and negative or post only the stuff that makes them appear to be perfect.
    I am not judging anyone, post what you want when you want and I will either follow or not. I just wish that people would look at the impact they have. Social media is very powerful and is doing a lot of damage.
    Kinda sorta realizing how uninteresting I am and that that probably contributes to why I am so isolated and alone. I can't be like all those curated stories you see on Instagram or the super polished stories on Facebook. That's not the kind of life I have. I don't do interesting things and I keep to myself. Always have, always will.

The more and more I examine it, the more and more social media (not being social, but media that *is* social) bums me out. Most of it is fake or highly curated to omit anything negative. Sure, sure, the filters are fun and there are parts I enjoy (like hanging out and bullshitting here), but a lot of it is just.. well, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Social media bums most people out even if they don't realize it. We have a weird culture now. One I am not so much a fan of. I have friends posting on FB like their lives/relationships/kids are perfect when in reality they are a *kitten* show. And you know what? I love them even with a *kitten* show life. I don't know why they feel the need to pretend. It makes me sad. All the filters make me sad. When will who we REALLY are be good enough?

100%.

Social media has been bumming me out for decades at this point. I barely go on FB now and the only reason I have an account still is because I have family there and they aren't going to use things like Skype or aren't going to text me (different generation). Most of what friends/family post isn't terrible, but it's a lot of dumb memes or *ugh* political stuff and I end up snoozing people for half a year because of it.

Honestly? It's the inability of people to open up and ADMIT that their life isn't all rainbows and sunshine and to be okay with that. Only curating and showcasing the highlights of your life like you're in some sort of *kitten* movie. And what's worse is that I have witnessed the shift. I've been on and around computers enough to witness how the culture went from starting drama and creating a *kitten* show of "unfortunate events" to this wholesome, Country Homes and Gardens type magazine front. And it's all just that: a facade. They aren't fooling anyone except themselves, but they feel they can't be anything else. To be otherwise is to incur judgment and spite from your peers.

It's just.. yeesh. On the one hand, there are a lot of cool things about living in society today. On the other? There are so many negatives that I kinda just want to pack up and go be a hermit in the woods until I die.

Absolutely. It is so weird because on one hand you have people saying "It's okay to not be okay" and encouraging mental health and all that YET you have people trying to hide from reality and putting on these masks.
    I don't go on FB much anymore because of it. I use it primarily to find out about events that I will likely never attend 🤣 But IG is the same way. How many people post the ugly stuff? Not many. The people who do are usually the type who find it impossible to find positive so they just get eye rolls anyway. I just wish people were more real. The fake ones make the real people feel incompetent or unworthy and that's so screwed up.

The fake ones are easy to spot from a mile away. One of my biggest pet peeves is when ladies have an Instagram account with almost exclusively selfie poses in yoga pants. It reeks of self-importance & is a total eye-roller On the other hand, airing the negatives of your life serves no positive purpose on social media. But you can still be authentic without being negative.

I disagree. Especially for younger people.... Not too long ago a very well known celebrity came out that she struggles with depression and it made a huge impact on young girls. Some people need to know they are not alone. Everyone needs to see that just because you are rich, famous and have a good relationship doesn't mean you don't have your own internal struggles.
    The whole issue with social media is it makes people feel like they are the one with a problem. If everyone they know only posts the positive stuff and vacation photos they think that those lives are perfect.
    I don't post a lot of negative crap on FB, but I don't post much to begin with. I am not talking about people posting "woe is me" but it IS okay to not be okay every minute of every day. People who are doing it just to show life isn't a fairytale, not the people who do it for a pity party.
    Anyway, just my opinion

I stand corrected. I guess you can air some of the minuses without throwing the 'wow is me' pity party but just to be authentic.

I don't know. I think personal stuff shouldnt be shared. Theres just some things that should stay private. Is it wrong to walk around smiling and laughing and sharing things about my kids that I love or appreciate? Do I really need to announce my recent break up...is it ok to post things that bring a smile to my face?
    Not sure if this makes sense.

I don't want people to announce every break up and air their dirty laundry. That stuff IS private. I also live seeing people be positive and find the good even in a crappy situation, but that is not how most people behave. Most people either post only the bad and negative or post only the stuff that makes them appear to be perfect.
    I am not judging anyone, post what you want when you want and I will either follow or not. I just wish that people would look at the impact they have. Social media is very powerful and is doing a lot of damage.

Social media is good for people who like people. I only have it for cat pics and funny memes. Other than that I don't care about your life or how perfect you think your life is, or your fake life that you made up for whatever reason. Oh, your kids are so perfect? Well, I happen to know that little timmy was expelled for exposing himself on the bus...... so there. Oh wait, little timmy doesn't even exist lol. I forgot. You never know on social media.
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member

Standing on my head. Get that same potato like complexion I had in the Navy
  • See the AMA thread...
  • Also, what do you do when you live in a shoe but you ain't got no soul?
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Also, what do you do when you live in a shoe but you ain't got no soul?

Find a cobbler
  • Also, what do you do when you live in a shoe but you ain't got no soul?

Find a cobbler

Boom!
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    Peach cobbler
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Also, what do you do when you live in a shoe but you ain't got no soul?

Find a cobbler

Sole. LMBO
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited November 2019
    You might have a shopping problem if your husband instinctively gets up and goes to the door when he sees an Amazon van.

😂😂😂 Pavlov would be proud😉🤘
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Peach cobbler

I like BlackBerry myself. With a scoop of Breyers Vanilla Bean. Great for the soul.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Every little sound in the office is driving me crazy today. I can hear my co-worker sucking on a piece of candy, when she gulps her water, rubs her sandpapers hands together because she's cold and I can especially hear when she talks to herself and laughs at her emails.

Seriously STFU Linda >:)

k2hjqkq9pm5e.jpg
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    I will embrace my title of “unpopular and still here”

Maybe we can form a private group!

I’m ok in public, better in PM, but absolutely horrid in private groups.

Just terrible.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    *kitten* i need to decorate for xmas

I was thinking about that today too.... course I'll do that all month but hey...it's a start right🤷🏻‍♀️😉

Ps...how's your little girl feeling??💖💖🤗