good app for the gym?

2»

Replies

• surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    jeffjeff85 wrote: »
    And if I click on , say, thurs 10/10 it shows me the summary and the detail of what exercises and hiw.many pounds and reps, and how long the workout took.
    I'll stop there before I start soinding.like a salesman. And they. Eed to start.paying.me 😏

I couldn't find a tutorial on-line, but you're it! :wink:
    Thanks, your screenshots help a lot!

I was inputting my exercises as I went along, and some AFTER I had completed them because I wasn't sure how recording worked. So got a bit mixed up and had to edit the times etc. But, I'm guessing it's best to input my workout completely ahead of time, so I can just go from start to finish without interruption. Still getting the hang of it...
  • surfbug808
    MichSmish wrote: »
    My husband tracks everything via google sheets. Simple, and seems to work well for him. Kinda like pen & paper, without the cumbersome pen & paper 😆

Does he access google sheets on his phone then with no problems?
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    surfbug808 wrote: »
    MichSmish wrote: »
    My husband tracks everything via google sheets. Simple, and seems to work well for him. Kinda like pen & paper, without the cumbersome pen & paper 😆

Does he access google sheets on his phone then with no problems?

Yep!
  • jeffjeff85
    jeffjeff85 Posts: 118 Member
    surfbug808 wrote: »

I'm guessing it's best to input my workout completely ahead of time, so I can just go from start to finish without interruption. Still getting the hang of it...

Oh yeah, I make the workout ahead. This workout I been on for 5 weeks only changing the amount of weight I use. In another 2 weeks I'll switch, not let the body adapt to one workout (settle in).

Paid version lets you export or share your workout, so I'll see if I can do that here.
    Screen shots too, could be better if they weren't huge and you could see more.

Better yet, stop over about 6am and we'll hit the gym 🏋️‍♀️👍
  • Jeremycarder
    Jeremycarder Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2019
    Here's a shout out for 'my training' app (called 'fitness personal trainer gym' on the app store) - it allows you to build your own workout days (eg day 1 push and all sets for that; day 2 pull etc). Each exercise that they have listed in their app show you an example of someone doing that exercise when you click on it. It allows you to specify how many reps and sets you are doing for each, and you can set the weight that you are using.

Sadly it doesn't track progress of increases in rep weight over time, but it does record which workout you did on which day. Not much analytics either which would be useful, but as a replacement for pen and paper its pretty perfect and keeps me on track with what I'm meant to be doing.

That said, think I'll be taking a look at Strength Training as sounds like it may have more 'progress tracking' features :)
  • surfbug808
    I'm still experimenting with Strength Training and like it so far. Haven't figured it all out, but it does show history of my last weights/reps on an exercise, so I can track my progress. It also shows a demo/explanation of listed activities.
    I can also input my own exercises, including those that are just timed (if I'm not recording weights/reps), and take photos (e.g. of exercise equipment for my customized recordings).

My trainer uses Fit Notes (paid version). Haven't looked at that yet.

I'll look at Fitness Personal Trainer Gym too though. So many apps!
  • scaredofscale
    scaredofscale Posts: 24 Member
    I use this, it's free and the variety of workouts is amazing https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=adam.exercisedictionary
  • jeffjeff85
    jeffjeff85 Posts: 118 Member
    I'm talkin about this one. Simple, customizable, easy to use (spend workout time working out, not looking at the phone), rings a bell after rest period you set, superset,... you 'get' it.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anthonyng.workoutapp
  • surfbug808
    jeffjeff85 wrote: »
    I'm talkin about this one. Simple, customizable, easy to use (spend workout time working out, not looking at the phone), rings a bell after rest period you set, superset,... you 'get' it.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anthonyng.workoutapp

Yup, I'm still using it right now. I finally got around to editing the rest period for supersets. Inputted some of my own exercises also, though probably should upload photos of the equipment for better reference - just haven't made the time. I don't log my warm-ups or active rest days when I swim or surf etc., since I just wanted an app for weight training tracking only. Though, I'd be curious how my tracking might look if I logged everything in one place to see the overall history. So far, so good though!