When did people notice?

Lietchi
Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
Out of curiosity, at what point did people start noticing you lost weight?

Do people tend to notice when you're wearing new (smaller) clothes, or when wearing older clothes that have become too big?

Replies

• epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    People who I saw every day and monthly noticed when I lost 10 pounds but it's only because my height is only 4'11" so makes a big difference on a petite frame. People I saw weekly not so observant.
  • LP4life
    LP4life Posts: 11 Member
    My family and my co-workers noticed at 12lbs of weight loss and now they really notice because my clothes are falling off.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    I lost probably 70 pounds in 2011-2012 and the comments were nonstop after I lost the first 30ish lbs. I gained pretty much all of it back in 2016 and now in the past few months I've lost probably almost 40 (I don't like to weigh myself when I'm heavy. LOL) and I only a couple days ago got my first 2 comments. Kinda surprising because I've gone from an XL to a M and I'm only 5'1 so that should be extremely noticeable.

I'm kinda glad I haven't gotten the comments because I really wasn't interesting in drawing attention the second time around. Even my inlaws who hadn't seen me at all through this round of weight loss didn't comment that I had dropped from XL to M/40lbs since they last saw me. Part of me wonders if people feel as awkward mentioning it the second time around as I feel about receiving the comments the second time around. Also I wonder if because I was obese for less time (previously I had been XL for 7 years so everyone was quite used to me being obese before the drastic change) maybe it's not so shocking for them to see me size M. Plus I spent several years being size XS so maybe size M is still looking super fat to everyone else. LOL! I'm still currently 11 pounds overweight and wanting to lose probably 20-25 pounds more.

The 2 comments I received a couple days ago were:

"Maybe it's just me not paying attention, but it sure seems like you lost half of yourself in like the past week." (My reply was "Well, it wasn't a week but it's been pretty fast."

and

"Have you lost weight? I found it." LOL
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,305 Member
    For me it was 40-50 pounds before people noticed or said much. And I get more comments when I get new clothes that fit properly.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    When I hit my heaviest (~163ish - not sure) and started getting my eating under control, and got down into the 145ish range, I started to get a few comments. After a bad leg break, I put about 2/3 of that back on, and now I'm back to the 143ish range (and losing) and have put on a fair bit of muscle, but I only rarely get a comment. I think mostly because I was always very careful how I dressed, and tend to prefer looser fitting clothes, so it's not as easy to see. My progress photos show it though, especially this last 10 pounds!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Me : 4 weeks I really noticed the difference with clothes
    Random people that I see occasionally: 4-8 weeks
    Family, people I see often : 12 weeks
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!