Replies

• AyeRon18
    AyeRon18 Posts: 127 Member
    keep the potatoes
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    km8907 wrote: »
    1sphere wrote: »
    the irl thing... I often wonder, it’s very much miss most of the time. It’s hard to find someone, and if you go searching, it’s especially hard and desolate. The best opportunities come unexpected, and it’ll be dumb as hell to be too forward right away. You have to break it into a conversation like as if your talking to your brother or sister. Comment on the weather, something like that. Be aware that some people look different with sunglasses on. I chat to someone before only to find that I actually felt no attraction to her. Sometimes a hot dress will pull you in and you’ll end up feeling stupid.

This is why I initially saw justice in online dating, I thought it would make the whole process more efficient. However, they don’t seem to work for me. I feel that I’m not what girls are searching for.

Women read profiles thoroughly. Even if I come across a guy that I found attractive, if he sounded like a douche in his profile, he'd get a swipe left.

Sometimes I play bumble roulette...no reading of profiles...although guys are not too fond of finding this out😬
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Bumble?? I can't keep up with all these *kitten* apps. 😅
    I'm just gonna go with Grinder for now to ease back into the dating scene. It's been 4 years since the perfume counter girl at Macy's ripped up my phone number in front of the Black Friday crowd, but I think I am finally ready to move forward.
    I guess my question is, what's a good opener to use on these dating apps? Should I go straight for the milk & cookies, or just a casual hello... you know, leave the ball in his court kind of thing. Your baby boy needs a crash course on interacting with these thotties in 2020.
  • AyeRon18
    message them till they block your or give in.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I'm back in the 'app downloaded' part of my online dating cycle. Why do I keep doing this?
  • AyeRon18
    yeah cause I was serious...
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    I find the over analysis of this dating thing kind of funny.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    my first profile was nice and generic. didn't get good matches
    second profile was essentially a full disclosure with me and my issues and my dealbreakers including my strong dislike of naked feet
    which led to messages of men and women trying to convince me to let them touch my feet. *shiver*

Well *that* didn't go as planned, dang
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    pictures of...guns, knives, vacuum cleaners and plenty of vodka

I hope you're being sarcastic. Pictures of weapons is not a good way to get a stranger to talk to you.

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    I find the disagreeing with me about the over analysis of this dating thing kind of funny too......

Come now, we all know you're just trying to achieve more than 4000 disagrees to make up for all the "Woos" taken away from you. :wink:
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    I find the disagreeing with me about the over analysis of this dating thing kind of funny too......

Come now, we all know you're just trying to achieve more than 4000 disagrees to make up for all the "Woos" taken away from you. :wink:

I was SO mad when they took my woo points
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member

46 and counting.....i have so much work to do! ;)
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    With regard to approaching IRL, I never personally handled it well when I was in the game. I’m fairly awkward and pretty socially anxious (unless alcohol is involved, then I’m less socially anxious, but still kinda awkward 😆), so I tend to get pretty uncomfortable quickly. 🤷🏼‍♀️