What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• jeffjeff85
    jeffjeff85 Posts: 118 Member
    50 min combination of overhead press, incline press, almost flat bench press
    All with dumbbells
    Follow with 15 min high intensity running (sprint 30 sec followed by incline walk 1:30)
    Follow with 10 min moderate walk 3.5mph) on fairly steep grade (20 degree ish)
    Follow light stretching
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    2.5 mile run + a 30 minute upper body workout
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Today's rowing and Assault Bike Workout. Was supposed to be Steady State (easier). First half went out too hard, but was enjoying not rowing slower for the first 20 minutes. Not real hard but was too moderately hard to be an easy workout.

kr9xq3m494y5.png
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    40 minutes of walking to and from:
    45 minutes of BodyPump, nipping out early, and pegging it downhill to:
    60 minutes of tapdancing class

Admittedly I have no coordination, balance, natural grace or ability to remember steps, but I figure that as long as I’m having fun, not getting in anyone’s way, and keeping my feet moving, it’s all basically fine.

Err. Though it would probably be finer if I didn’t currently have a swollen, bruised toe that’s still healing from Thursday’s vicious chair leg attack.
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Warm up:
    5 min helix lateral machine

StrongLifts workout A:
    5x5 squats
    5x5 bench press
    5x5 barbell row

Cool down/cardio:
    15 min elliptical

Getting a little lazy with my warmups and cutting out accessory lifts. I know they're not *necessary* considering I'm still very much a beginner, but they do help burn that last little bit of energy I have and make me feel like I've gotten everything I could out of a workout. I haven't been good and spent in a while from lifting -- maybe Thursday will be that day.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Spin class, mostly Z3; plus OHP, bench, dead hangs, hip thrusts. Still light, high-ish reps.

Officially starting my traditional "denial that routine rowing season is over due to weather" phase, meaning reduced volume and general grumpiness. We'll still row if we get decent weather, but have shifted to "go if we can" from "go unless we can't". :(
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited November 2019
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Spin class, mostly Z3; plus OHP, bench, dead hangs, hip thrusts. Still light, high-ish reps.

Officially starting my traditional "denial that routine rowing season is over due to weather" phase, meaning reduced volume and general grumpiness. We'll still row if we get decent weather, but have shifted to "go if we can" from "go unless we can't". :(

You or Aoyoke are always welcome to join in with the Sub7 folks for the Winter with me. I know you're not much of an Erg fan, though, but they are a welcoming bunch that just likes Erging (and many are also OTW rowers). Many of the Winter Ergers will be joining in soon. Rather large contingent of UK and US Pacific NW females. It's an open group, all you have to do is like Rowing (and tolerate Erging, I suppose).

@ Aoyoke -- we're gaining a lot of NW and West Coast male rowers too, some OTW and some strictly indoor. I've been asked to join a friend and one other rower (one of the top lightweight indoor rowers in the US) for some marathon training early next year. I'm still debating doing that. The lightweight just did a sub 2:00 pace hour row @ 20 SPM. He does ridiculous meters, like a college crew member, but he's in his 40s.

We have tons of OTW folks that train on the Erg for the Winter, call us all nuts (how we're mostly masochists that like the erg) and then go back to the water in the Spring.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    30 min on the TC100 at 3mph for a 550cal burn and im about to go for a late night power walk to burn an extra 400cal. Not as much as my usual, but i had a long day at work (contruction)
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Back day
    Chin-ups/pull-ups
    rows
    forward raises with dumbbell
    rear delt flys
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited November 2019
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

You or Aoyoke are always welcome to join in with the Sub7 folks for the Winter with me. I know you're not much of an Erg fan, though, but they are a welcoming bunch that just likes Erging (and many are also OTW rowers). Many of the Winter Ergers will be joining in soon. Rather large contingent of UK and US Pacific NW females. It's an open group, all you have to do is like Rowing (and tolerate Erging, I suppose).

@ Aoyoke -- we're gaining a lot of NW and West Coast male rowers too, some OTW and some strictly indoor. I've been asked to join a friend and one other rower (one of the top lightweight indoor rowers in the US) for some marathon training early next year. I'm still debating doing that. The lightweight just did a sub 2:00 pace hour row @ 20 SPM. He does ridiculous meters, like a college crew member, but he's in his 40s.

We have tons of OTW folks that train on the Erg for the Winter, call us all nuts (how we're mostly masochists that like the erg) and then go back to the water in the Spring.

Yeah I'm in week 1 of "oh, I need to really actually start erging for real again". My current holding pattern is 3 SS workouts a week. I would do more but logistically I'm not sure that it's feasible due to time commitments. At some point I'll be getting information about erg workouts for my club. I know that Wednesday evenings will involve erging with the men's team, but I'm not sure what the women's team is doing and if their erg workouts will remain open to everyone or if they will be exclusive to their team (the "men's team's" Wednesday night workouts are open to people of any gender).

I don't really mind steady state on the erg. It's erg tests that I can't stand. That's despite the fact that right now all they are are data points for me, as opposed to information that will have any bearing on what boats or training groups I'll be in.

edit: not even 40 min after I post this I get word that morning erging starts Friday.
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    Quick day today. 30 minutes on the stationary bike at resistance 9 and then 5 minutes on the rowing machine because I'm still bad at it, lol. Then some stretching.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    15 min stretching/muscle activation
    10 min rowing
    60 min strength training - front/back barbell squats, PT legs, BFR band leg press to failure
    60 min restorative stretching/yoga

and then a dip in the hot tub!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Tuesday

Omg a tough day exercise wise. Having some rl issues and tough exercise helps.

30min Session with personal trainer, a trx/abs circuit with absolutely no rest. She also showed me how to set up my trx and how to set up a resistance band for assisted pull ups. Because that's the new challenge, to finally master both pull and chin ups.

Bench - continuing with lighter weights, higher reps and paused reps.
    Plus accessories.

45min Zumba class

As I'm trying to master pull and chin ups, I spent a long time on the assisted pull up maching. Doing wide grip, narrow grip and reverse grip. Plus the same on the lat pull down (light weight, slow reps, concentrating on pulling shoulders back/together. Finished with 2000m ski erg followed by a deep stretch.

45min Insanity Class

45min Boxercise class

2000 active Calories!!!!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    yesterday's workout: 40 min spin bike, 100 pushups

today so far...Coffee cup to mouth :)
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    55 min swim (3000 yards/120 lengths)
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Yesterday was rest day but got 3 miles walking in between lunch walk and dog.

Today 45 min spin bike intervals at zone 3/4/5. 4 weeks into powerzone training and watt output creeping up. Just have to keep working on the denominator of power/weight and will be good.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    11/6
    5:30-8 am:
    Conditioning
    Jump Rope - 60s on 15s off x 15 (20m)
    Yoga
    5 Tibetan Rites

6-7 pm:
    Strength
    Horizontal Push Pull Complex w/Jumprope
    Pushup - 28-22-17-11-6 (84)
    Reverse Row - 16-13-10-6-3 (48)
    *Jumprope intervals interspaced between rounds…

11/5
    6-8 am:
    Yoga
    Sun Salutation A - 5 Rounds
    Conditioning
    Jump Rope - 60s on 15s off x 10 (15m)

11/4
    6-8 am:
    Yoga
    5 Tibetan Rites
    Conditioning

6-7 pm:
    Conditioning
    Strength
    Pull-up - E2MOM (21m)
    5 rep every 1m20s (75)

• Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Morning workout (35 min pilates), Walk and 5k run
  • A short run and a lot of squeezing my skrunch ball for hand strength @rock climbing! :smiley:
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    1 hour water aerobics
    20 minute slow swim
    30 minutes with trainer
    20 minutes bike