Sports Bra Rec for busty girls

So... I'm currently mashing myself into my too small, front zip under armor sports bra. Which means that I'm pretty much catching my skin in the zipper at least once a week, and my bra likes to undo itself while I'm rowing (which may sound fun from a spectator's position, but it's really effing up my groove!).

I need a recommendation on a new bra. I will need something that comes in more than sizes small, medium and large, as my rib cage is fairly small. Any bustier girls out there have a sports bra they just absolutely love?

Replies

• katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    I love the underwired Freya Active bras. If I am doing something super bouncy I would always wear another regular sports bra/top over it though. The reason I like these bras is as well as being supportive you also get separate boobs!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    check out Title Nine Sports for a good variety of sizes. If you find a good solution for small band/large cup brands, please share. I have a wee tiny band size but can't stuff myself in to the small sportsbras...but larger sizes are too loose in the band to calm the ladies down.

The Freya rec is interesting, I wish I had a local source for those. Freya is one of the few bra brands that offers a wide selection for tiny band/larger cup ladies. (And, as many of us know, that doesn't even mean a huge chest...a 28F woman has about the same sized rack as a 36B woman, given the magical numbers game of bra sizing.)
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    That is why I love Freya! I wear a 30GG and that is almost impossible to find in regular brands!
  • ReignOerMe
    ReignOerMe Posts: 24 Member
    The Panache sports bras are really highly praised but I've never tried one because they're kind of expensive. I've been using the "Multi Sports Max Support" bra by Shock Absorber and it's very supportive. I got it on Amazon for about $35, but the price fluctuates. The Panache bra runs at about $68 on Amazon if you have a little more money to spend. Just make sure you are measuring correctly so you know your size!
  • caryb2015
    caryb2015 Posts: 38 Member
    I'm a 34F so understand the small ribcage/big boobs problem and I love Enell.
  • Old_Man_McGucket
    Old_Man_McGucket Posts: 310 Member
    My wife swears by Enell.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Thanks guys! I wear freya bras (32GG) for my every day life. Not sure why I didn't think of that. I'll look into the shock absorber and the Enell as well.

Thanks!
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    katkins73 wrote: »
    I love the underwired Freya Active bras. If I am doing something super bouncy I would always wear another regular sports bra/top over it though. The reason I like these bras is as well as being supportive you also get separate boobs!

Yep, I'll second teh Freya Active recommendation. The girls aren't completely stationery during bouncy exercise, but the bra does a pretty good job. And doesn't create a uniboob. And because it's a "real" bra, you don't strangle yourself putting it on and off.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    I used to wear Champion for years..then I found Moving Comfort - a lot of running stores will have them along with REI. They come in real sizes instead of S, M, L.
    -
    Pricey, maybe $50, but I found some on sale and bought 3.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Ooooh, I haven't looked at Enell, thanks for another small band brand!
  • Cath_Taylor
    Cath_Taylor Posts: 104 Member
    Another Enell fan here. 40DD & I won't wear anything else!
  • KickboxDiva
    KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
    Wacoal has a good one. Comes in small band large cup. I purchased at Dillard's and it's the only one I'll wear. Has adjustable straps and snap back like a regular bra. Not real cute but holds up to burpees !
  • kelseymallen
    kelseymallen Posts: 85 Member
    I wear a 32H. The high impact sports bras from Panache are wonderful! They are about $60 each, but I bought two of them two years ago and am still able to wear one of them (my dog chewed the other). I've since bought a few more of them. Now, they're all I wear unless I need a plunge bra or strapless bra for a nice outfit.
  • kamack1215
    kamack1215 Posts: 109 Member
    I like the Victoria Secret ones. They have different options for support levels too. Very pricey though; in Canada one bra runs you $70
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    I feel like a connoisseur of sports bras for big busts, lol. One of these days I'll save my recommendations so that I don't have to keep re-typing them.

I have tried:
    Panache underwire
    Freya
    Shock Absorber Ultimate Run
    Glamorise (can't remember the model)
    I am a 34/36 band with a G/H cup depending on bra.
    I run up to 30 minutes at a time in these and am able to forget they are there.

Panache- Its a bulkier bra. Pros: smooth cups, and boob separation better than any other I've tried. I like the underwire as well, though it makes it a bit more work for washing. Probably the best of the bunch for moisture wicking. I never feel sweaty in the bust region in this bra. Runs in the $60 range.

Freya- Also underwire, so gives good support and some separation. Comes in great colors. Has more seams so slightly more visible under clothing if that matters to you. I find the racerback hook on the back a bit more tricky than some others, but definitely doable. Same retail price range as Panache.

Shock Absorber- A compression bra, so you can't avoid the uniboob. However, the fact that it is wireless makes it easy to toss into the wash. A few unique things I love about it are largely the way the back straps are constructed. You can easily adjust where the racerback clasp is located, and there is a rubberized piece over each back strap which helps it stay in place. Same retail price range as those above.

Glamorise: Not as good for bounce control as those above, but if you're on a budget, the best there can be found in the $20-$30 range. Unfortunately, the first I bought didn't fit so I sent it back and no longer have one in my rotation.

Ennell: Haven't tried it yet but have heard great things. It will be next on my list.

Cost notes: Once you know your size, give yourself a reminder to check amazon daily. Fairly often, one particular size and close-out color will go on an incredible sale. You just have to be patient and keep checking back. I got both of my shock absorber bras at a great price- one black that shipped locally and was $20! Another in awesome purple that took 3 weeks to get here from London, but worth the $30 I spent. My Freya bra was $14, provided I was willing to accept red. Hell yeah I was. Red is sexy, and did I mention $14!!

Other notes: Most of these bras suck for exercise by the large-busted without having the racerback snapped. The one exception is probably Shock Absorber. I have run while forgetting to clasp it before, and it was fine. Another note: proper sizing is crucial. I loved the support of my panache for a long time. But as I lost significant weight and my size changed, it didn't fit as well and neither did it provide the appropriate support. Had I bought it just a size big, I think I would have hated it. So find a place to try them on, or find a place with free returns. Or find the $14 sale bra and take an affordable gamble :)
  • kendrahwilliam84
    kendrahwilliam84 Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2019
    So... I'm currently mashing myself into my too small, front zip under armor sports bra. Which means that I'm pretty much catching my skin in the zipper at least once a week, and my bra likes to undo itself while I'm rowing (which may sound fun from a spectator's position, but it's really effing up my groove!).

I need a recommendation on a new bra. I will need something that comes in more than sizes small, medium and large, as my rib cage is fairly small. Any bustier girls out there have a sports bra they just absolutely love?
    Hi,
    You can try Mirity Racerback Sports Bra , they come in different color alternatives an is ideal for bustier women. Besides, the racerback design at the back offers extra breast support.I also love Lululemon Enlite Sports Bra- The bra does use a seamless patented fabric it therefore leaves no dent marks on the skin. You can also get other ideal sports bras from the recommendations on Brabbly.
  • This is because there are different sports bras in the market that are not only comfortable but supportive as well. I have large breasts and I find some of them quite comfy than some regular bras. Here are some of the ideal bras for women with large breasts you can give a try. When you want to achieve maximum comfort levels check out for the following before leaving the store.

Straps - They should be wide enough and have some cushioning so that they don’t dig into the shoulders
    Band - The band shouldn’t cut into the rib cage
    Fabric - It should feel soft against the skin and breathable to keep you fresh all through the day
    Underwires - Avoid wires that can prod and poke the skin since it tends to interfere with the comfort level of the bra
    Sizing - Always go for bras with actual cup sizes as opposed to those that only offers small, medium and large cup sizes.

Brabbly recommends these:
    Enell Maximum Wire-Free Sports Bra
    Panache Women’s Underwire Sports Bra
    Lululemon Enlite Sports Bra
    Freya Active Sports Bra
    Mirity Racerback Sports Bra
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Lane Bryant's sports bras do the trick for me!
  • picklenees7538
    picklenees7538 Posts: 22 Member
    Brooks- Juno :) changed my life. Adjustable straps and comes in different sizes and some colors which is a nice break from black.
  • jeffjeff85
    jeffjeff85 Posts: 118 Member
    Drat ... not one pic. 🤔