Non Scale Victories

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    @conniewilkins56

That is impressive. Adversity is always coming. How you meet it and how you live life afterwards shows a lot about you as a person.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    @conniewilkins56

It's great to see you bounce back with a positive attitude like you have. It's just a stumble, you'll overcome it before long.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    @conniewilkins56

Just try to remember the scale is "the devil". The chances that you over-ate enough to actually pack on 7 lbs is extremely low. 7 pounds is 21000 calories, while I can eat and drink with the best of them 21000 calories is next level eating contest type gorging.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I would like those extra pounds to go away!....I had a heavy calorie day on my binge but not enough to gain seven pounds....I have to stay focused and take them off again!....how are you doing?
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    I am doing ok, thanks for asking. I went out drinking with a childhood friend last Saturday so the scale is just staring to be kind again. Drinking seems to make me retain water or something for like a week or so after.
  • NovusDies
    jjlewey wrote: »
    I am doing ok, thanks for asking. I went out drinking with a childhood friend last Saturday so the scale is just staring to be kind again. Drinking seems to make me retain water or something for like a week or so after.

Alcohol gets me for about 8 days. It might last longer because I usually drink during a holiday or vacation while I am also eating more. I am running a pretty long dry spell at the moment. I plan to break it in early December when we go away for 5 days.

• NovusDies
    papayahed wrote: »
    I'm sitting in a mexican restaurant and I'm not tempted by the chips and salsa!!! I know this will not last but for today I rule this table!!

I don't mean to alarm you but you have definitely been taken over by an alien.

Good for you. I seldom eat more than 3 or 4 these days myself it is hard to log those calories. My alien takeover was some time ago.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    papayahed wrote: »
    I'm sitting in a mexican restaurant and I'm not tempted by the chips and salsa!!! I know this will not last but for today I rule this table!!

I don't mean to alarm you but you have definitely been taken over by an alien.

That would explain a lot!!! Lol.

So, this next NSV is pretty marginal. I'm between pant sizes. The smaller is a little snug, the large a little loose. But as I learned yesterday a little loose comes in really handy. I was able to stuff my notepad, water bottle, key fob, pen, flashlight, and cell phone in my pockets! It was like Hermoines purse in there.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Mine today was shopping hungry in Aldi, picking up all the yummy Xmas stuff, reading the calorie content and putting it back on the shelf!
    Odinarily I would start Xmas shopping around now, eat it all and buy again.
    This year I'm going last minute and buying a select few treats.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    Mine today was shopping hungry in Aldi, picking up all the yummy Xmas stuff, reading the calorie content and putting it back on the shelf!
    Odinarily I would start Xmas shopping around now, eat it all and buy again.
    This year I'm going last minute and buying a select few treats.

allll riiiigghhhtttt!

• DogMom919
    DogMom919 Posts: 58 Member
    @NovusDies

Now.....that’s what I’m talking about! Excellent!
  • conniewilkins56
    Great news NovusDies!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    congrats @NovusDies
  • katy9599
    katy9599 Posts: 873 Member
    The doctor has agreed to pull me off my main BP med and allow me to wean myself off my diuretic as I see fit. It could be that as I continue to monitor my BP that I may have to go back on something but I am very hopeful that this is the end of that chapter.

New jeans are nice, but this is the most important aspect of weight loss. Congrats on taking control of your health!

• kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    @NovusDies that's fantastic news!
  • NovusDies
    I should have mentioned that the other NSV here is that hopefully my low blood pressure is a thing of the past (or will be by tomorrow) and it will stop dragging me down. Dizziness, even mild dizziness, is not conducive to feeling good or being more active. I am sick of things holding me back.
  • conniewilkins56
    I should have mentioned that the other NSV here is that hopefully my low blood pressure is a thing of the past (or will be by tomorrow) and it will stop dragging me down. Dizziness, even mild dizziness, is not conducive to feeling good or being more active. I am sick of things holding me back.

Although I have not lost nearly the weight you have, I am also dealing with low blood pressure...something I have never had in my entire adult life....I am off three of the hydrazaline but still on verapamil and losartin which has some hydrazaline in it....I go to the docs in a couple weeks so I hope we figure this out....as you said, it isn’t fun to be up and busy and then feel like you are faint....good luck with your issue, too!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Awesome, @NovusDies. I'm hoping to eventually shed the one medication that I take for cholesterol.