Coffeeeeee☕️

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited November 2019
    I like light roast coffee with milk and a little sugar. (1/2 tsp or so). Real sugar, I can't do splenda etc. It's yuck.
  • kushiel1
    kushiel1 Posts: 95 Member
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Just black...Silencer Smooth...Black rifle coffee company

I signed up for their micro batch monthly drop - the flying elk was awesome! Love this company.

They have their "Buy a bag give a bag" promo going on right now so when you buy a bag of coffee they send one to deployed troops.

I tried some different coffees from Black Rifle but just couldn't get into them. Now American Pride Roasters (especially the Franklin and The First Thanksgiving) is amazing. This reminds me it's time to order again before I run out!

I generally drink it black since I buy "good" coffee that has enough flavor for me, sometimes adding a little cinnamon.

Lately in the afternoon I'll have some Folgers and add some pumpkin spice creamer if I need some extra pick me up as my daughter will finish what I don't drink of the Folgers. I don't share my pricey coffee with a teen who drinks it with more creamer than coffee!
  • paddydiver24
    paddydiver24 Posts: 567 Member
    I am going to experiment with a breakfast smoothie with coffee, chocolate protein powder, oats, almond milk (and maybe peanut butter).

I've done that!!! It's great!
  • paddydiver24
    kushiel1 wrote: »
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Just black...Silencer Smooth...Black rifle coffee company

I signed up for their micro batch monthly drop - the flying elk was awesome! Love this company.

They have their "Buy a bag give a bag" promo going on right now so when you buy a bag of coffee they send one to deployed troops.

I tried some different coffees from Black Rifle but just couldn't get into them. Now American Pride Roasters (especially the Franklin and The First Thanksgiving) is amazing. This reminds me it's time to order again before I run out!

I generally drink it black since I buy "good" coffee that has enough flavor for me, sometimes adding a little cinnamon.

Lately in the afternoon I'll have some Folgers and add some pumpkin spice creamer if I need some extra pick me up as my daughter will finish what I don't drink of the Folgers. I don't share my pricey coffee with a teen who drinks it with more creamer than coffee!

BRCC medium roasts are a bit on the darker side. I like Gunship is very good as well. I too, have monthly drop.

I'll have to try the flying elk now.
  • paddydiver24
    bbasusena wrote: »
    Reading all these was very interesting, I’m about to try some of them. I haven’t had the gut to try plain black coffee.. now it’s a must. I usually have mine when I’m home with Nescafé and cinnamon creamer. When I’m out ir varies but I try to get mine with almond milk. Unless it’s an iced coffee I get 3 pumps vainilla syrup no classic and cream🥰

Just a suggestion...start with a light roast and a little additive, then slowly reduce the additives until just black
  • CHELEYB09
    CHELEYB09 Posts: 1 Member
    14ozs Duncan Doughnut Hazelnut flavored coffee,
    1 11oz container of Vanilla Premier Protein,
    and 2 pks of Splenda with Fiber. :p Delicious!
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    I drink it every way imaginable. All day, everyday. But after 2pm and it turns to decaf. Then it's usually just black or with a little milk.
  • Zimm7
    Zimm7 Posts: 44 Member
    Coffee is first thing in the am. Dark roast Folgers. Coffee Mate vanilla caramel. I'm good. Usually 8oz. 2x.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Try Peet's Major Dickasons. So dark and bold it makes Folgers Dark seem like a vanilla shake.
  • Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    I take mine with milk, exactly 50 grams of milk to 275 grams of coffee. My husband used to fix my coffee and would pour in whatever random amount of milk looked about right. Now he scoffs at me for "measuring it out with an eyedropper" but he can't argue with my results!
  • Viking_Dad
    Viking_Dad Posts: 185 Member
    I am going to experiment with a breakfast smoothie with coffee, chocolate protein powder, oats, almond milk (and maybe peanut butter).

I do that (sans oatmeal). It's like drinking a Reese's cup! 😁
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    4 lb black. 15 ml cream.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    4 lb black. 15 ml cream.

Now, according to the Specialty Coffee Association of America, one pound of coffee is enough to make 48 6-ounce cups of coffee. (Link)
    So that would be 3 teaspoons of cream divided between 192 cups of coffee? :)
  • rlaurain
    rlaurain Posts: 64 Member
    Nonfat white mocha
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    lgfrie wrote: »
    Dark and bitter a blend as possible. 20 oz. Add two Splendas and a 1/2 tbsp of CoffeeMate Original for 15 calories. Rinse and repeat 4x per day.

Someone disagreed with how I like my coffee??? LOL Maybe I only think I like my coffee that way?

It wasn't me, but maybe somebody was disagreeing that you like as "bitter a blend as possible" since you then dump two Splendas in it. If you don't like it bitter, just own it. No shame. :smile:
  • paddydiver24
    Who grinds their own? I have a capresso electric burr grinder. I think fresh grounds are the best.
  • YoureAWalnut
    YoureAWalnut Posts: 57 Member
    I have a gaggia espresso machine with a built in grinder and a snap in carafe for milk. I press one button and it makes me a delicious double espresso latte with about 3 oz of foamy delicious almond milk. I have double everyday with a little creamer and have recently started adding a scoop of chocolate collagen peptides to it. Coffee snob over here!
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Dark and bitter a blend as possible. 20 oz. Add two Splendas and a 1/2 tbsp of CoffeeMate Original for 15 calories. Rinse and repeat 4x per day.

Someone disagreed with how I like my coffee??? LOL Maybe I only think I like my coffee that way?

It wasn't me, but maybe somebody was disagreeing that you like as "bitter a blend as possible" since you then dump two Splendas in it. If you don't like it bitter, just own it. No shame. :smile:

I like it bitter as an old crone on a tall mesa observing the valley where her people once resided in peace, before the war and the ashes and tears, and the diaspora.

And then soaked in Splenda to make it palatable and ensure I get my RDA of six-syllable chemicals.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    edited November 2019
    Who grinds their own? I have a capresso electric burr grinder. I think fresh grounds are the best.

I grind beans every 3-4days. So not as fresh as my coffee purist brother in law would like but tastes the same to me, and then I don’t have to listen to it at 6am. Not exactly a morning person over here. Except I also don’t use a grinder. I use the blender on my Bosch mixer base. Grind until it “looks good” for my espresso machine and then use the same grind in my perk. My boys say I am simplifying the complicated. Lol
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    I can't drink coffee black - it gives me a stomach ache. I drink it with a lot of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and lots and lots of it, too, in the morning. I'm an addict -- when I don't get a morning dose of caffeine I get a pounding headache in the afternoon.

But nobody's perfect, lol!