Divorced Hangout

123457»

Replies

• Charlotte318
    Charlotte318 Posts: 37 Member
    Well not divorced yet but I am afraid it is coming to that. Married 7 years together for 12. My husband does not seem to want to open up to me and when things get really bad he seems to run elsewhere. I want my family but I don't know if it's fixable as he always refuses counseling and is now shutting me out altogether. Many of you have been through terrible situations and I feel for you. I think my fear is starting over :(

Change is always scary and hard. But just because something is hard doesnt mean it is bad. Overcome your fear and take care of you and your family, what ever that looks like.

I know it has pretty much come to this. Just taking things one day at a time for now, mostly because I have three girls who are pretty close to their father, something I would never take away.

I have 3 kiddos too. They idolize their father but even they tell me they are glad we divorced. Kids would rather be from a broken home than in one.

I had to go through here and check out your story. Good for you! You truly started from scratch.
  • Charlotte318
    Was married 29 years, been divorced for 4...ready to step out and see what life has to offer again.
    Best of luck to you!

• Charlotte318
    Been married 7 years ... It's been spiraling out of control for a while but the last couple of months have been bad. Last week I found out he has been lying to me about some serious issues. He Walked out on me 2 weeks ago.
    Sounds a lot like my story only he hasn't walked out just yet.

• fitmomness
    fitmomness Posts: 6 Member
    Married since 1997 to brianbgboy... :o
  • fitmomness
    fitmomness Posts: 6 Member
    Married since 1997 to brianbgboy... :o
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited November 2019
    I was divorced once. We married for all the wrong reasons.

I then met and married the love of my life, the best human being I’ve ever known, my soulmate.

I lost him to ALS last year. ❤️ 💕 💗

ETA I fell for a revived zombie thread again. 😫
  • ridin599
    ridin599 Posts: 24 Member
    2nd Divorce just last week.

1st divorce- she left me for her now husband.

2nd divorce- I thought I knew her but later found out how wrong I truly was. Learned a lot from both and I can honestly say that I am better for it no matter how bad was.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    I've been divorced less than a year after 19 years with my ex. He's been disconnected from.our relationship for at least 5 years.
    I'm SO much happier on my own and am mostly enjoying dating again at the age of 61.
  • michaelroode
    michaelroode Posts: 173 Member
    Divorced 3 years now and last month the ex moved back in because she cant afford a place, to stay after she broke up with her new boyfriend she left me for. And it super awkward. But now I can see my kids more.

And she constantly tells me she doesn't feel the same way about me anymore
  • robbell678
    robbell678 Posts: 140 Member
    Mqarried for 12 and no kids and bored silly. No passion anymore ,..time for change?
    Yup.
    How do I end this?
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    robbell678 wrote: »
    Mqarried for 12 and no kids and bored silly. No passion anymore ,..time for change?
    Yup.
    How do I end this?

Tell your spouse. Treat them with the amount of respect, care and compassion you would want to be treated with (or more). Dont be surprised if they are thinking the same thing about the relationship.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Yup.
    How do I end this?

Yeah. It definitely sounds like your wife needs more than you can give her

I think I love you! ❤️💕😘

• JewelLiz
    JewelLiz Posts: 15 Member
    I was married for 24 years. Been divorced for 20 years now. It was hard at the beginning, emotionally and financially. Went through two relationships, which failed. Finally figured out, Im better off by myself. My best saying "I dont have to ask to go anywhere, ask for permission to buy anything and best part...I dont have to share my desert!" Im happier now than I have been in a very long time and financially stable too :-D
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Yup.
    How do I end this?

Yeah. It definitely sounds like your wife needs more than you can give her

I think I love you! ❤️💕😘

😂❤😘
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Yup.
    How do I end this?

When you live someone, it's better to show them than it is to tell them.
    When you no longer love someone, it's better to tell them than it is to show them.