Sneaky strategies

I'm currently feeling a little bit proud of myself for coming up with a cunning workaround for an issue I've been having. My office serves free cake in the cafe every Wednesday afternoon; and every Wednesday afternoon I finish the helping of cake that fits into my calories, want more, and go down and hoover up any leftovers.

I've tried forbidding myself from going back down for cake (which results in my pretending I'm going down for extra watermelon, oops, how did that Victoria Sponge get onto my plate), I've tried having a salad instead (but salad AND cake is even better), I've despaired...

...today I scheduled myself into a one-hour meeting starting at the time I normally sneak down for second cake. I forgot all about the cake. Now I just need some more meetings :)

What creative workarounds have you come up with for challenging speedbumps in your weight loss journey?

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Work food is big downfall of mine too. My co-workers feel, work place culture wise, it's important to feed people. I eventually had to make a rule that if I didn't bring the food, I didn't eat the food. Ever.

I also have this rule, but where I work, there is a lot of experimental food, so... Chips made with cricket flour and meal worm protein and the like. Plus, there's usually a survey afterwards about texture and flavor, and if you thought just logging calories was too much effort, evaluating the texture of the crickets you just ate will be way too much.

O_O

Are you a researcher or scientist?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Work food is big downfall of mine too. My co-workers feel, work place culture wise, it's important to feed people. I eventually had to make a rule that if I didn't bring the food, I didn't eat the food. Ever.

I also have this rule, but where I work, there is a lot of experimental food, so... Chips made with cricket flour and meal worm protein and the like. Plus, there's usually a survey afterwards about texture and flavor, and if you thought just logging calories was too much effort, evaluating the texture of the crickets you just ate will be way too much.

O_O

Sneak me in. I want to try all the experimental insect based food.

Me, too!