Online dating

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    Went out on a third date with that guy and it was great. I guess it is not all bad.

Super excited for you!
    tenor.gif?itemid=5878976[\img]

Thanks! I really like him!

Do he do feet though?

Lol I didn’t ask specifically but in the movies he had my feet in his lap for a massage. 😋

• michaelroode
    michaelroode Posts: 173 Member
    edited November 2019
    Can I ask what you think of my profile if there is anything wrong with it?

x7x7ja4rf15m.png

jw40fx8l9awe.png

y7ajl66mihdd.png
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member

x7x7ja4rf15m.png

jw40fx8l9awe.png

y7ajl66mihdd.png

Not sure what aventurine is supposed to mean. Isn't that a crystal? Nothing really "wrong" with your profile but I can see why some women wouldn't swipe. Smoking can be a turnoff, kids can be a turnoff and your height. Nothing can be done about most of those things so it might take a bit longer to find a match but when you do, they'll be worth the wait.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Went out on a third date with that guy and it was great. I guess it is not all bad.

Super excited for you!

I need weekly updates.
  • michaelroode
    km8907 wrote: »

x7x7ja4rf15m.png

jw40fx8l9awe.png

y7ajl66mihdd.png

Not sure what aventurine is supposed to mean. Isn't that a crystal? Nothing really "wrong" with your profile but I can see why some women wouldn't swipe. Smoking can be a turnoff, kids can be a turnoff and your height. Nothing can be done about most of those things so it might take a bit longer to find a match but when you do, they'll be worth the wait.

Thank you so much for the honesty
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member

x7x7ja4rf15m.png

jw40fx8l9awe.png

y7ajl66mihdd.png

The site you're using is practically dead. Pictures of your children.
  • isalsayourface123

x7x7ja4rf15m.png

jw40fx8l9awe.png

y7ajl66mihdd.png

☝️☝️☝️hes an expert. He knows.
  • George_of_the_Jungle

x7x7ja4rf15m.png

jw40fx8l9awe.png

y7ajl66mihdd.png

🤔🤔
  • isalsayourface123

x7x7ja4rf15m.png

jw40fx8l9awe.png

y7ajl66mihdd.png

🤔🤔

I couldnt resist 😂
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I just signed up on OKCupid. Of all the ones I've tried, this seems the best. My only complaint is that I can't add deal breakers. I have to wade through answers to find them
  • michaelroode

And I payed for 3 months :s
  • George_of_the_Jungle

And I payed for 3 months :s

Play it out. Be careful.
  • michaelroode
    [/quote] Play it out. Be careful. [/quote]

Be careful ? Don't understand

• armyvet25
    armyvet25 Posts: 48 Member
    Have you ever been curious about using them? Do they work? Your thoughts.

met my wife on OK-Cupid, been married almost 4 yrs now, NO REGRETS
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Met my current bf on Bumble. So far so good.
    2 of my brothers met their wives on Match.
    I have a friend who met her husband on POF, they have been married about 5 years, have 2 kids, super cute couple.
    Another friend met her husband on eHarmony, married about 3-4 years they have one kid, and are also adorable together.

I don't think the site matters. I think it's just who is on at the time, and if you happen to meet someone compatible with you when you are there. I went on Match, eHarmony, POF, and Bumble (over the course of 1.5 years). I was about to give up all together when I met my current bf.

The only reason I went online to try dating, is because I don't go anywhere. I live an hour away from where I work. Long commutes, plus being a single parent, I literally went to work, grocery store, and gas station. If I stopped at any other places, it was on the weekend with my kid, and usually to the mall or kid clothing stores.
    So going online was the best way for me to meet someone.

But I don't like to chat for a long time. I want to meet right away and if that gets dragged out past 1.5-2 weeks, I lose interest.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    km8907 wrote: »

Kids wouldn't necessarily be a problem for me, and the height isn't a problem for me either, but the smoking would be.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    I've got a question for the guys:

My brother tells me his opinion is that I don't get dates because I'm intimidating. I asked him to clarify that one day, and he tells me that I can do too much, that I don't need a man and that a man wants to feel needed. So because I do my own repair work around the house, keep my own lawn in shape, do my own gardening, build what I need built, etc, I'm being intimidating and signaling that I don't need to be taken care of. (of course, I told him that its not that I don't need or want a man, but since I don't have a significant other and that sort of stuff needs done, its either learn to do it myself or pay out a fortune for someone else to do it for me.....)

Anyway, his comments dovetails right in with my mother's opinion that I am too independent.

However, I see comment after comment here and elsewhere that a man wants a woman who is confident.

So I'm curious - which is right? Or how does a gal reconcile being independent and confident while at that the same time somehow project a certain level of neediness? Or is my brother just an anomaly to the typical male of the species? lol

It does surprise me that was his viewpoint, though: we grew up with a mother who worked right alongside our dad doing many things that old timers would consider a "man's" work - Mom splits wood, puts on roofing, helps in framing, does minor repairwork around the house, and all sorts of other things, especially since Dad has become disabled. Our mom's mother is also very independent and capable, so with having those examples of women in our family, I am rather surprised that he sought out a woman that was opposite of the type of woman our mother is. His wife is very much a "girly" girl and pretty much doesn't too anything - my brother does the yardwork and the housework. I've never really understood that but then again, I ain't a guy, either *shrugs*
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    I've got a question for the guys:

My brother tells me his opinion is that I don't get dates because I'm intimidating. I asked him to clarify that one day, and he tells me that I can do too much, that I don't need a man and that a man wants to feel needed. So because I do my own repair work around the house, keep my own lawn in shape, do my own gardening, build what I need built, etc, I'm being intimidating and signaling that I don't need to be taken care of. (of course, I told him that its not that I don't need or want a man, but since I don't have a significant other and that sort of stuff needs done, its either learn to do it myself or pay out a fortune for someone else to do it for me.....)

Anyway, his comments dovetails right in with my mother's opinion that I am too independent.

However, I see comment after comment here and elsewhere that a man wants a woman who is confident.

So I'm curious - which is right? Or how does a gal reconcile being independent and confident while at that the same time somehow project a certain level of neediness? Or is my brother just an anomaly to the typical male of the species? lol

It does surprise me that was his viewpoint, though: we grew up with a mother who worked right alongside our dad doing many things that old timers would consider a "man's" work - Mom splits wood, puts on roofing, helps in framing, does minor repairwork around the house, and all sorts of other things, especially since Dad has become disabled. Our mom's mother is also very independent and capable, so with having those examples of women in our family, I am rather surprised that he sought out a woman that was opposite of the type of woman our mother is. His wife is very much a "girly" girl and pretty much doesn't too anything - my brother does the yardwork and the housework. I've never really understood that but then again, I ain't a guy, either *shrugs*

I think it depends on the man. What some may respect in a woman others may be intimidated by. Id say if a man isnt capable of doing some of the more "manly" tasks that a woman is doing it may be a blow to his pride. Then again, ther are some men that expect a woman to be capable of doing things not considered "girly"......in my experience i have noticed a change in masculinity over the years. Not saying its good or bad, just different.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited November 2019

Super excited for you!

Super excited for you!

I need weekly updates.

EXACTLY! So that those of us who don't have anyone to go on dates with can live vicariously thru you. :D
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    Play it out. Be careful. [/quote]

Be careful ? Don't understand

[/quote]

scams, fakes, catfish etc...