What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Rowed 8K today. Steady State mostly, but I'm playing around with the DF a bit. Upped to 107 today just to see how it felt. Felt OK, not too bad. Averaged 2:17 @ 20 SPM for the first 5K then did some unstrapped work @ 2:23 (around 2K) and then an easy 1K more @ 2:18 or so.
  • babajarox
    babajarox Posts: 13 Member
    55 min swim (3000 yards/120 lengths)

simmilar here, except it took me 10 min longer
  • Craw0176
    Craw0176 Posts: 17 Member
    Chest, shoulders and abs
  • picklenees7538
    picklenees7538 Posts: 22 Member
    Back day! With a bicep sideline :)
    Assisted pull ups
    Assisted chin ups
    Diverging lateral rows
    Standing bicep curls
    Straight arm pull downs
    Overhand grip rows
    Underhand grip rows
    And 10 minutes on the hand bike
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Wednesday

No PT today but I had instructions to go out and run. So I did.

Total I'd 3.8 miles run. First run was 2 miles tempo, supposed to have been 3.1 but I got an important phone call. Idea was I ran as fast as I could for as long as I could and then dialed it back for a minute to recover and then rinse and repeat.
    Second run was 1.8 miles to piyo. As I'm training for a 24 relay event next year, I'm planning on regularly doing split runs.

45min cardio, getting a baseline for a challenge to see how many calories I can burn in 45 min. Did 100Cal rower, 100Cal stairmaster, 100Cal elliptical, finished on ski erg for a total of 360Cal

50min Piyo class

45 Min zumba
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Weight lifting class: squats, OHP, power cleans. Erg: 3x 10'/3' rest.

My power cleans are getting better which is nice. Squats are still meh, my body really is not all about doing that motion "correctly". I went to my ortho today to ask about the weirdness I'm feeling in my right knee and she thinks it's my IT band. That said, she referred me to one of the hospital's sports medicine doctors and he's going to do some ultrasound to try to see what exactly is going on when I'm squatting. Part of the problem is that I can't easily describe what's actually happening as it's both a snapping (likely my IT band) and a bulging. Ortho is very hesitant to say that squatting is just not really going to ever be a thing for me, in part because I'm too young and healthy at this point in time.

I also got a referral for physical therapy (PT), though all of my prefered people are scheduled out to December, so that will start the second week of December.
  • jim_pipkin
    jim_pipkin Posts: 82 Member
    Heavy day - one hour core workout this morning, including 3 sets 30 reverse crunches, 2000 hip abductors (1000 per leg) 900 bridges, 2 sets of 60 pushups, 3 sets of 10 leg raises combined with "dead bugs", a few minutes of Tai Chi to cool off, then 20min resistance training about an hour later at gym, followed by 20min swim.
  • Viking_Dad
    Viking_Dad Posts: 185 Member
    Rest day today, sooo 90 minute leisurely bike ride.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Chest day.
    Bench press 10reps of 135, 185, 185, 205
    Pushups reps of 40x2
    Dumbell flys 10 reps of 35, 40,45
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    C2 erg (rowing), 3 x 10' on, 2' off. First 2 2' breaks were row out for 5-6 strokes easy, drink water/wipe sweat, row in for around 30" easy; last 2' was start of CD, which went on for another 7:41.

On the 10' pieces, moderate/high-moderate intensity, just holding sub-2:30 average, <22 rating (trying to be 20-21, didn't always succeed ;) ), damper 3-ish as usual, working on technical details (too wordy to describe, even for me :lol: ). Pieces at 2:27.8, 2:27.9, 2:28.5 - not so much tiring out as trying to drive the rating down to 20 more consistently. 7,984m including the row-in/out and CD meters.

Funny ha-ha: Most of last 10" piece was within a couple bpm +/- of my age estimated HR max, even as my next birthday approaches in about a fortnight :lol: (No worries, it's actually around 80% by heart rate reserve, so truly not all that intense.) Still a higher HR overall than I'd like at this split, but I'm not disciplined enough to do the things that would be most likely to lower it.

HR stuff looks like this (stopped the Garmin during the water drinking & sweat-wiping):
    7bmu6a5zcrfb.png

You or Aoyoke are always welcome to join in with the Sub7 folks for the Winter with me. I know you're not much of an Erg fan, though, but they are a welcoming bunch that just likes Erging (and many are also OTW rowers). Many of the Winter Ergers will be joining in soon. Rather large contingent of UK and US Pacific NW females. It's an open group, all you have to do is like Rowing (and tolerate Erging, I suppose).
    <snip>

That's really nice of you! :flowerforyou: I'm mostly a flake about erging, so not a great asset to a competitive team. I tend to drive down average meters per member, pace, etc. ;) The good news is I dropped below lightweight threshold this AM, which makes me instantly more competitive. :lol::lol::lol: We'll see if I can stay as an erg lightweight through Winter . . . unlikely with birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc., coming . . . . :drinker:
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    45 steady state on the elliptical today.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    80 min on the TC100 =1200cal
    45 min 2.5 mile walk =400cal
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I raked leaves with just my left arm.
    Tomorrow I might try a lower body workout
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    nov 6th workout: 42 min spin bike, 150 push ups
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Active rest day... morning stretches, yoga 60min... though the instructor did add ab crunches and push-ups!
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    5k jog/walk
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    I went bouldering on Tuesday. It was a pretty good session. I got one new route, but also made good progress on a number of difficult project. I got 22,000 steps in.

Yesterday was a rest day, although I got 24,000 steps in. (I aim for 15,000 average a day, so both of these are good for work days.)

Today I've done an hour of yoga. I may go bouldering later; but a social event may get in the way.
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    45 min spinning.

16 x 50 seconds VO2 max cycling/spin intervals.

Owwww.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Day 0007:

Stretching
    10:00

Cardio Warmup - Elliptical
    07:00 - 0.61 Miles

Chest Press Machine
    1 x 10 Reps - 150lbs
    1 x 05 Reps - 150lbs
    1 x 10 Reps - 120lbs
    1 x 07 Reps - 120lbs

Closed Grip Shoulder Press
    2 x 15 Reps - 50lbs

Wide Grip Shoulder Press
    2 x 15 Reps - 50lbs

Bicep Curl
    3 x 15 Reps - 60lbs

Tricep Press
    3 x 15 Reps - 110lbs

Low Row
    3 x 15 Reps - 99lbs

Tricep Rope Press
    3 x 15 Reps - 33lbs

Row
    3 x 15 Reps - 50lbs

Hanging Leg Raise
    3 x 15 Reps

Lat Pull Down
    1 x 15 Reps - 50lbs
    2 x 15 Reps - 100lbs

Assisted Pull Up
    1 x 3

Tired, muscle fatigued, feeling great, eating my eggs and cheese and enjoying my day. Trainer at gym was once again super helpful and took me through some new workouts as alternates. Update on the Rower as well, the machine will be serviced this week and should be ready to go this week or next. Gonna start using that as my cardio day for a while. Leg day tomorrow, and light cardio on Saturday or Sunday if I feel my body is good for it. If not, pure rest weekend. Can't wait for the classes to start. Trainer said they're going to offer Zumba, Bootcamp, and Yoga. Weighttraining won't be done in a class, but he said he will take me through any workout I need and feel free to ask. So far, he's done that a ton of times. Can't beat free training sessions from someone that knows what they're doing.

Good luck to everyone else today!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    1 hour water aerobics