Processed food rant

Ok, my intermittent/fasting sometimes interferes with my eating with my wife, she won't be home till just after my trough period, if I end my fast now which completes my 16hrs, no problem, I let it go longer and adjust my daily intake times, but, thought I'd have a teeny tiny teensy itsy bitsy snack to stave off any cravings, wife brought home a turkey snack she thought I might want and I wasn't familiar with the nutrient label so thought I'd take a look before plopping in my gullet, HOLY NAKED BATMAN ON A STICK...70 calories and 440mg sodium on this tiny little TURKEY TURD! In the garbage bin with it.
I hardly touch anything processed for this reason. To be honest, my one weakness is frozen pizza's, going to start making and freezing my own low cal/carb pizza's.

Replies

• armyvet25
    armyvet25 Posts: 48 Member
    r9jpbl63fjik.jpg
    ddzvi61s8gn0.jpg

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Normally I would say, "rant away brother!". Though, this is a small thing to rant about. If you dont like the store version, make your own from leaner meat....
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    armyvet25 wrote: »
    This thread is typical of most forums, when we type, there is no voice inflection, body language etc, so typing can be mis-identified as anger, rage, without any of that being implied, I guess I need emoji's or something to be more transparent.

True dat. I actually thought "trough" in your OP was a typo, and couldn't figure out what you meant.
  • armyvet25
    This thread is typical of most forums, when we type, there is no voice inflection, body language etc, so typing can be mis-identified as anger, rage, without any of that being implied, I guess I need emoji's or something to be more transparent.

True dat. I actually thought "trough" in your OP was a typo, and couldn't figure out what you meant.

p.s. I run not walk past Reese's in stores lol.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    edited November 2019

p.s. I run not walk past Reese's in stores lol.

I order my groceries online, and do curbside pick-up so I don't even see them (or the chips, or the ice cream, or the....)!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited November 2019
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Wife didn't buy it, was given to her, she passed it on, her feelings won't be hurt. I have Venous Edema in both legs, sodium causes severe swelling, I monitor all my sodium intake. I'm trying to watch all calories and sodium, I plan my routine for the entire day at the start, otherwise just eating and at the last meal there won't be enough left for the final meal, so yes, at 300+lbs-prediabetic-poor health, I scrutinize every little thing, it all adds up.

We all get angry when hungry and with your "diet" you must be hungry 16 hours of the day lol

Not always.... not going to derail the thread on fasting studies, OP... Here is the context of my attitude.... general apathy...
  • armyvet25
    [/quote]

I order my groceries online, and do curbside pick-up so I don't even see them (or the chips, or the ice cream, or the....)![/quote]

hahaha, I like testing myself, I don't have too many extreme food cravings, maybe Clark Bars (old school) otherwise I can walk the junk food isles with no problems, my weight issue has always been portion control.

• armyvet25
    psychod787 wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Wound tight?? nice community(sarc) wife didn't buy it, was given to her, she passed it on, her feelings won't be hurt. I have Venous Edema in both legs, sodium causes severe swelling, I monitor all my sodium intake. I'm trying to watch all calories and sodium, I plan my routine for the entire day at the start, otherwise just eating and at the last meal there won't be enough left for the final meal, so yes, at 300+lbs-prediabetic-poor health, I scrutinize every little thing, it all adds up.

We all get angry when hungry and with your "diet" you must be hungry 16 hours of the day lol

Not always.... not going to derail the thread on fasting studies, OP... Here is the context of my attitude.... general apathy...

derail away, I usually end up derailing my own threads, I can appreciate most points of view. I researched the fasting phenomenon and even consulted my own physician first, with all studies, some say good, some say bad, wasn't all that long ago we as a race thought smoking was good for you, or cocaine in soda lol.