Is this weird?

Last night I made scallops on pasta with a light cream sauce and peas. It was delish, and I only ate about half of it. It's 9am here and I'm craving it for breakfast. Is that weird to eat something like this for breakfast? Does anyone else eat non traditional food for breakfast? When I was in Thailand I ate soup every morning and it was the bomb.

Replies

• iheartmyyorkie
    iheartmyyorkie Posts: 163 Member
    Pork fried rice and pizza are my favorite breakfasts.
    Pork fried rice on top of pepperoni pizza is also yummy to start the day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    jm_1234 wrote: »
    While visiting Japan I ate sushi at the tsukiji fish market at around 7 am. I thought it would be weird but it turned out to be amazing!! Pho for breakfast in Vietnam. I think the concept of breakfast food in America is mostly just corporate advertising.

For cereals, I would agree. But culturally, there are breakfast foods that don't have anything to do with advertising and different cultures have different breakfast traditions. Pho is a common breakfast food in Vietnam for example...my Vietnamese friends think it's funny that we eat it for lunch or dinner as Americans. Biscuits and gravy or ham and grits are common breakfast traditions in the southern U.S. Eggs, bacon, and potatoes have a long tradition as breakfast food in the U.S. When I was in Honduras, baleadas is a traditional breakfast...flour tortilla with mashed fried beans, cabbage, and salty cheese thrown on a grill. Also, fried chicken and a boiled egg was pretty common.
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    jm_1234 wrote: »
    While visiting Japan I ate sushi at the tsukiji fish market at around 7 am. I thought it would be weird but it turned out to be amazing!! Pho for breakfast in Vietnam. I think the concept of breakfast food in America is mostly just corporate advertising.

I so agree! When in Bangkok, the hotel had a huge breakfast buffet and had "areas" such as "Indian", "American", etc. In the American section it was mostly pancakes, waffles and pastries. This is what other cultures think we eat every day.
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Breakfast for dinner is a hallowed tradition in my house. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    You could send it to me, I'll test it and get back to you if it's weird or not. :)