Anyone want to be my friend??:)

I’d love to have some friends to help support me. I currently have no motivation and I need help for real lol

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,452 Member
    Motivation is internal. I could scream the mountains and give you all the support, encouragement, inspiration, etc. you could need, but it STILL has to come from you to WANT to do this for you. Feel free to drop in on a DAILY thread that I started when I first got here to give FREE info on getting it done.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/331789/tlfc-exercise-and-accountability-support/p1

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • aubriemayfield
    aubriemayfield Posts: 5 Member
    You’re right 💯 I’m here so baby steps for me
  • Viking_Dad
    Viking_Dad Posts: 185 Member
    I agree. Discipline > motivation.
    But if you'd like a cheerleader... well, more of a drill sergeant, really...
    add me.
  • CABasile
    CABasile Posts: 55 Member
    You can do it! Think about how much energy you will have when you've lost your desired weight and met your exercise goals. I find that the healthier I eat and the more I exercise, the better my attitude. I feel like I can accomplish anything! Same will be true for you. Just start with those baby steps and keep at it!
  • robindavies93
    robindavies93 Posts: 1 Member
    I’d love to have some friends to help support me. I currently have no motivation and I need help for real lol

I just started on this as well
  • boothb0752
    boothb0752 Posts: 3 Member
    I will help any where I can. We all need cheer leaders in our corner
  • SageJJ93
    SageJJ93 Posts: 96 Member
    I sent you a request!😁
  • frksfrau
    frksfrau Posts: 108 Member
    I sent a request.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    One person here is correct in saying motivation is internal. However, that advice is incomplete; the best motivation is not only internal, it is (or should be) highly personalized. For years, I had similar difficulty motivating myself consistently. I had it...then it would fade, up up down down. Then I had hip replacements earlier in 2019 that solved my mobility issues for the most part. It was as if the surgeries and rehabs installed a sustainable motivator within me as well as new hips; "I'll be gosh darned if I do anything to wind up where and how I was a year ago!!" Can you think of anything more powerful? There must be something in your life that can do the same thing. Find it and exploit it to the max!
  • bikergurl05
    bikergurl05 Posts: 9 Member
    I dont know how to add you as a friend - pleae send me a request
  • ADRskew21
    ADRskew21 Posts: 33 Member
    it gets easier
    the more you do it the easier it gets
    but you have to do it every day
    that's the hard part
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    I think once you commit and start feeling the benefits, that will motivate you too. It's not easy but you can do it. I'll friend you too.
  • jim_n_virginia
    jim_n_virginia Posts: 59 Member
    All my MFP friends have stopped logging. Looking for new friends for motivation and support and I will do the same! Down 25 have 50 more to go!!
  • Okillhavecake
    Okillhavecake Posts: 4,855 Member
    Request sent 🤗
  • Lousover
    Lousover Posts: 7 Member
    I'll send a request too! I'm back on it tomorrow!! 🙏
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member

Sure you can add me. I’m back after a looong break and gained it all back.
  • JTTX99
    JTTX99 Posts: 13 Member
    I sent a request as well.