First day and water

Today is rough for me because I am a sweet tooth junkie. Our house still has Halloween candy and a lot of it. We have grandchildren living here so many carbs are around. I haven’t ate any grains, potatoes or sugar today though! Small victory but I’ll take it! Lol

I have always been a big water drinker so I’m good in that department. My husband was asking if black coffee could count as part of the water. He’s trying to support me by drinking and eating better as well.

Replies

• dulcejimenez144
    dulcejimenez144 Posts: 21 Member
    Black coffee is made out of water, so yes. It counts!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Welcome to the community! 🧡

You don’t have to give up potatoes, grains, carbs or anything else.

Your coffee does count towards water.

If you haven’t already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and educational.

Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat and log into the food diary.

Good luck with your journey!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Today is rough for me because I am a sweet tooth junkie. Our house still has Halloween candy and a lot of it. We have grandchildren living here so many carbs are around. I haven’t ate any grains, potatoes or sugar today though! Small victory but I’ll take it! Lol

I have always been a big water drinker so I’m good in that department. My husband was asking if black coffee could count as part of the water. He’s trying to support me by drinking and eating better as well.

The important thing is keeping hydrated. Any fluids will help keep you hydrated, as will many foods.