Hit a big milestone this week. First time<250 that I can remember since some point in high school.

gemiller87
gemiller87 Posts: 137 Member
edited November 2019 in Success Stories
The picture attached was 2018 Christmas with an unknown weight. In January/February of 2019 I decided enough was enough and it's time to get my health in check. In mid-March for the first time in a long time I stepped on a scale and was greeted with 335, I'd assume that means in the Christmas picture I was somewhere around 340-355. I started logging on LoseIt at 335 and moved to MFP a few months ago since it syncs with another program I'm using.

For the last few days I've been safely under 250. Some loose skin here and there but to my surprise it's slowly bouncing back fairly well. My goal is 225, and 235 by Christmas this year at 6'6" tall. In the last couple months I've been feeling good enough to add some basic strength training to my regiment. Strength work really increases the visible gains notably compared to just weight loss alone. No gym or equipment yet but basic "bedroom" exercises like push ups, sit ups, planks, squats.

Today I ordered a StudBarPullup ceiling mount bar for my garage to start the www.twentypullups.com challenge. I haven't been able to do a pull up since like middle school so it's on my goal list to be able to do a couple before Christmas. I'm sure it'll take a notable amount of negatives to get there.

My current workout/exercise "plan".
  • Adidas runtastic PUSH-UPS Pro App - Started at day 1 of easiest difficulty, 4-5 days a week. If I fail to complete a day I repeat the new day increasing reps until I pass it.
  • Adidas runtastic SIT-UPS Pro App - Started at day 1 of easiest difficulty, 5-6 days a week. If I fail to complete a day I repeat the new day increasing reps until I pass it.
  • Adidas runtastic SQUATS Pro App - Started at day 1 of easiest difficulty, 5-7 days a week. If I fail to complete a day I repeat the new day increasing reps until I pass it.
  • During the above sets I actually just use NEAT style activites like folding laundry to not stop moving in my between set breaks except the SIT-UPS app breaks aren't long enough for that.
  • Started Plank Workout app about 2 weeks ago. It started a little easy for me so I did "2 days" of the app in a single day for the first 3 days, so I'm entering week 3 of the program. I'll try to do this app daily but I suspect I'll miss a day here and there.
  • Starting next Monday when my pull up bar will have arrived and be installed will be starting the www.twentypullups.com challenge at week -2 in the negative drops sets.
  • Roller skating once weekly, sometimes I miss a week but a single session is good for a 1000-1500 calorie burn off.

I've got two young kids so my workout regime is far from structured. It's probably enough chaos in my patterning to make a gym nut cringe LOL!

My 2lb a week calorie count is 2110 and I've been consistently under that sometimes by 500-1000 calories depending on workout and activities of the day when the calorie burn is factored in. I know some will say I should eat more, but i've been averaging 2.5lbs a week through this so it must not be horribly too far off. No supplements other than a regular boring "One-A-Day" vitamin in the morning and 2x Glucomannan 575mg before breakfast and before dinner. Lunch is always really light, like a yogurt parfait or protein meal bar or something along those lines.

Nothing special or fancy by no means.

Just wanted to share this big milestone for me.

689zaj5kzfkk.jpeg

Replies

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Congratulations on your loss! You are doing fantastic!
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Great job!
  • Joyjas
    Joyjas Posts: 18 Member
    Woo-hoo!!!! Great job - your weight loss is amazing!
  • Jellygrl
    Jellygrl Posts: 112 Member
    You look amazing - well done :)
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Well done! Roller skating is too fun. I went this past summer on a Disco Night. 😁
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Wow way to go!!!! What a transformation
  • fitness3129
    fitness3129 Posts: 1 Member
    Inspirational! To exercise in your bedroom with minimal equipment speaks well about your commitment to lose weight and get healthy. Keep up the good job. I am sure you will meet your goal.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    First thing in the morning and I read your amazing success story! Yes, we all can do it! Thank you. I am getting very close to my next mini - goal - below 125 kg / 275 pounds.
  • gemiller87
    gemiller87 Posts: 137 Member
    kam26001 wrote: »
    Well done! Roller skating is too fun. I went this past summer on a Disco Night. 😁
    When I was younger I worked at a roller rink from like 13/14-20ish until I left for college, I figured it was a great way to get a healthy active habit I could enjoy with my girls. It took me a few sessions but I even got my old school shuffle back!
    Inspirational! To exercise in your bedroom with minimal equipment speaks well about your commitment to lose weight and get healthy. Keep up the good job. I am sure you will meet your goal.
    Yea, some of it is just it's the best I got. Once I setup the pullup bar in the garage I might make a mini gym out there, a friend of mine is donating some old weights and a bench to me in the next couple weeks. We'll see where that goes. I'd love to invest time into that but i'm not sure where i'll find the time yet!
    First thing in the morning and I read your amazing success story! Yes, we all can do it! Thank you. I am getting very close to my next mini - goal - below 125 kg / 275 pounds.
    Congratulations! Every mini goal matters. The weight loss coaching group I follow "Real Appeal" through my insurance company has a firm stance of setting constant attainable mini goals helps keep the motivation up! I definitely agree!
  • Tarzan37
    Tarzan37 Posts: 158 Member
    Great job!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    way to kick butt! I just recently got a pull up bar and let me tell you, it really showed me how WEAK I still am.. haha! I am up to 2 STRUGGLING pull-ups right now. I can do push-ups no problem, but pulling my entire weight up is another story. GOALS!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!