12 lbs down, many more to go

I started my journey on October 13, 2019 to a new and improved life for myself and my family. No more eating out 90% of the time, no more nights spent in front of the TV watching movies, no more lazy family!!! My hubby hit the scales at 280, I was 246, this was not what we had pictured for ourselves and certainly not the example we want to set for our small kids. Since then we have set out to turn it all around and the changes have been staggering. It really is amazing what you can accomplish when you are ready and willing to make the changes necessary to succeed. We now eat at home 90% of the time. Meals out are a luxury and when we do eat out it is a much smaller portion. We cook with fresh foods, no more processed boxed up fake food, and it taste amazing. We drink only water at home and gave up all soda. As of November 4 I have lost 12, almost 13 pounds. I would have loved a higher number but it will fall off over time and I am not going to let myself get discouraged with slow progress. Last week I hit a plateau but I will keep going and work through it. My husband who was beginning to have a ton of health problems is down to 260 already and he can tell a huge difference in how he feels in just 1 month. The doctor is so proud of him and his hard work so far. You can do this so don't give up, if we can do this, you can do this. My goal is 140, so I have 94 lbs to go. My husband has a goal of 190, he has 70 lbs to go. atsgpfou28vs.png

Replies

• Satiplis
    Satiplis Posts: 8 Member
    This is awesome! Love your attitude!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Hi five! You're doing great!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    well done! don't focus on the end goal so much as it will seem daunting...celebrate each day that you do something to improve your weight loss and overall health. :)
  • flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member
    well done! don't focus on the end goal so much as it will seem daunting...celebrate each day that you do something to improve your weight loss and overall health. :)

This is so true. Set yourself progressive goals and reward yourself for meeting them. Goals like a BMI milestone, dropping below 200, etc. Make the reward non-food related, like a new outfit to show off your progress.

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Oh my gosh! You're doing great!! 12 pounds is a big deal! Next time you're at the grocery store, pick up a 10 pound bag of flour and feel how heavy that is. You lost more than that!! It's hard to be patient, but you're right, slow and steady is the way to go. Don't make any changes you can't live with for life. Progress might be slower, but you'll be more likely to stick to your plan. Keep it up!
  • bluffgirl67
    bluffgirl67 Posts: 158 Member
    Congrats on losing those 12 pounds. Sounds like you are developing good healthy eating habits. Also don't compare your loss amount to that of your hubby in the same time frame. We all lose differently and I know my hubby can drop weight faster than I can. What matters is sticking with it and enjoying every personal success.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Congratulations!!! Sounds like you both are doing great!!
  • halligirl81
    halligirl81 Posts: 5 Member
    I can honestly say the biggest things I have had to come to terms with are not skipping meals (I was never good with breakfast, now I don't go without a good start to my day), quit eating when I am full (I don't have to finish a plate of food, it will be ok, I was not raised that way), ignore dessert (surprisingly my sweet tooth is almost gone now), and motivation to cook (that is the hardest with working full time and kids in activities). I am just working on meal planning more and more, focusing on good choices every day, and knowing that it is all about learning a new lifestyle. I don't want to count calories every day for the rest of my life so I really just have to learn to build a new foundation from the ground up and make the right choices all day every day to get it right. Logging my weight here and talking to others who are going through what I go through helps to keep me accountable to myself. I also keep a journal to myself and that seems to help me a lot too.
  • bl3ss3dmfp
    bl3ss3dmfp Posts: 43 Member
    Wonderful job! Keep up the great work! If you ever feel that 12 lbs isn't a lot of weight... The next time you are in the grocery store grab a few pounds of flour/sugar until you holding 12 lbs. It IS a decent amount and you worked hard for that weightloss! GREAT JOB!