Steph's OMAD Accountability Thread

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Hope you have a fabulous weekend!! Give Bubs a snuggle for us! :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Amazing new on the business front and your weight loss😁😉👍 Congratulations! 👏Love that photo of Bubs❤️
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Hi guys!!!! Happy Monday! Work got away from me so sorry for the late post!

Weight is my usual 5 pounds up from low of last week - 159 ish
    In fun news, I was actually down to the 154 range again Sat so all this bloat is sat/sun LOL WORTH IT! My best friend's baby shower was yesterday and we had brunch and mimosas and I got a SWEET Good Mythical Morning sweatshirt (OLD SCHOOL VINTAGE, picture below) and it was just a good time!

ALSO I discovered that Culver's has this Pub Burger thing on a pretzel bun (if it has a pretzel bun, sign me up!) and it's GLORIOUS...I'll have it again next weekend and I'll remember to take pics.

I cleaned out my freezer today and realized I have a S**T ton of frozen corn to find a home for so I'm on a mission this week to find a way to use it - BRING ON THE IDEAS! It's super nice to have a relatively organized freezer...mine was LITERALLY bursting at the seams. Started some bone broth too (chicken this time) and I'll use the meat for mini fasts this week - some breast some thigh so I'll avg the cals.

I think that's about it for updates so ON TO THE PICTURES!!!

HORRIBLE picture of MA FACE but I look nice and trim and my sweatshirt is AWESOMEEEEEE
    h1tkj4frwemb.png

BOTD:
    #SundaySnuggles
    0saiyc8con1l.png
  • jadepearl
    Love that photo and yes indeed you are super slim & trim, my lady <3
    Corns...I love corn fritters, chicken & corn soup, tuna corn burgers, corn chowder...the list goes on, I tell ya :) Oh Bubs...you are so cute <3
  • jadepearl
    edited November 2019
    Pub Burger thing on a pretzel bun? Haven't heard of it before. If you do have a photo of it, do share as I am interested :)
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    If you want something nice and hearty... make some beef/veggie stew with the corn.
    I also like this recipe Spicy Chicken Soup
    I adjust it to my own taste, but overall it's really good and hearty and makes a ton for leftovers! :)

That's such a great photo and you're right. You look super tiny in the photo! YAY! lol
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Girl you are so tiny :):) wow you look awesome.....love that shirt..... <3

I love all things corn.....I have made this a lot, it is so yummy :) and spicy :) I also love corn cornbread, I just add corn and jalepeons to cornbread and it is delicous.........

Jalapeño and Sweet Corn Chowder

Ingredients
    1 small sweet onion, peeled and chopped
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    6 ears sweet corn, husk and silk removed and cut from the cobb
    2 fresh jalapeños, seeded and chopped
    2 cups chicken broth
    1 teaspoon cumin
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    ½ teaspoon paprika
    ½ teaspoon salt
    ½ teaspoon pepper
    4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese (room temperature so it melts well)
    ⅓ cup heavy cream
    1½ cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese (Cabot New York Vintage is my favorite)
    Instructions
    Heat a large sauce pan or dutch oven to medium heat.
    Add olive oil and chopped onion, sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
    Add corn and chopped jalapeños, sauté for 2 more minutes.
    Add broth, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper and stir well.
    Cover and reduce heat to medium low, let simmer for 20 minutes.
    Remove lid and add cream cheese, cream and cheddar, stir well. Let simmer uncovered for an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
    Garnish with cilantro and green onions if desired.
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited November 2019
    ALL amazing ideas! And Cedric is sick today too AND I made fresh bone broth yesterday so some chowder sounds like it's on the docket!!!

Ate about at TDEE yesterday due to leftover candy *sigh* lol - still down over a pound though today, so we're off to the races! MAN would I love to see 153.x this week - that'd be nice :)

Thanks for all the compliments! I think the pic skews my actual size but the vanity in me doesn't care LMAO

Dinner yesterday was chicken breast buffalo style from the bone broth meatssssss - I had some thigh in there too but kept them separate :) Halo Top and candy to follow lmao

Nothing else fun to report - work is keepin' me busy, though immobile LOL Catching up on everyone's threads throughout the dayyyyyyyy :)

Pictures:
    emqkgwuynlra.png

BOTD:
    #MoreSnuggles
    bb2y5cb3gmmd.png

• mistymeadows2005
    @jadepearl here's the pub burger - sorry the pic is so big LMAO

plhps7amcnfa.png

• volgirl1322
    :#:# why why the picture of the pretzel bun goodness.....oh my stars......totally having one this weekend......I love love all things pretzel :).......... <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    It was SO good - I asked for extra sauces on the side and added lettuce - they forgot my sauces and it needed it - they always skimp on sauce :grumble: OTHERWISE it was glorious! I'm getting more this weekend <3
  • volgirl1322
    *drooling*now totally *drooling*
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    You’re looking very slim in that photo. Good job!
  • jadepearl
    That pub burger looks delicious... yummy yum yum!!! We have lots of burger joints here but so far, I have never come across a pretzel burger yet. I think you will see 153 soon :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Happy Weds kids!! Think I'mma head to mama's today now that I found out she has a laptop I can commendere when I'm there to work!!! Stinker didn't even tell me LOL

Anyway, weigh in today is great! 156 even :)

Down 2.1 overnight! I had chicken with homemade gravy and sweet corn for dinner, a pint of Halo Top, and 10 pieces of dark chocolate LOL whoops!! Cals around 1300 or so. AND it looked good enough that Ced wanted the leftovers (which was nice cause it wasn't a full servings worth) - and that was AFTER he ate what I made him, which was shrimp scampi with steamed broccoli and cheddar broccoli rice LOL - so I guess it was approved across the board!

1.5 overnight per day til Friday puts me at goal! So I guess I'll hafta be good the next few days - not the easiest at Mama's but not SUPER hard either LOL might not have a weigh in tomorrow since Mama's scale isn't digital - we'll find out!

Pics!
    Dinner -
    zrtarijya1p1.png

BOTD:
    #Snoozin
    ns10q8kzjumj.png
  • volgirl1322
    You are kicking butt girl.... <3

Poor Bubs ---such a cute boy needs a ton of beauty sleep :)
  • jadepearl
    You are doing awesome :+1: Love it that you and your Mama are the best of friends <3 You are very lucky :) Have a wonderful weekend with your Mama :smiley:
  • mistymeadows2005
    Hiya kids!!!

As predicted no post yesterday - the night before was a food NIGHTMARE :D Mama wanted bacon wrapped shrimp glazed w BBQ sauce - so we made those but we have a whole 2 pounds of bacon to cook up once we opened it so I ended up eating like 6 slices of bacon before we even got the shrimp, then ate the shrimp, then some halloween candy, and then 073691236948 shortbread cookies with choc rasp coffee goodness. ABSOLUTELY no redeeming nutritional value and no actual meal LMAO - it was still only about a 4 hour eating window though (CONSTANT eating LMAO)

Yesterday was super stressful - Ced and I had a slight arguement early in the day and then for whatever reason when he was getting ready to head to his uncles to work, I just BURST into tears and all the frustration of the day/week/year/my whole life just came pouring out - I have NO IDEA where it came from...I mean granted I was kinda cranky due to a series of events throughout the day but still. Anyway, it was traumatizing and I was so emotionally drained that I just couldn't bring myself to care about calories LOL LUCKILY it was already almost 10 so I still OMADed but cals were probs in the 2k range

Weigh in today around 157, so up a few pounds in salt and bloat but I don't really care. I'll be back down Tues/Weds next week - speaking of next week I think I'll do a fasting day next week...need a lil flush :)

IN OTHER NEWS - work is great! I have 17 loans in process at the moment with time to take on more!!! Most of those should close this month which means I might be able to put a little money away finally! WOOT WOOT!

Pics -

Culver's burger from last night that I doctored up:
    imjsdfl3jaan.png

BOTD:
    #StraightChillin at mama's :)
    ot6qgattx5rv.png

#MyLittleSpoon
    6gm43cb5f642.png

Have a great weekend kids, and OMAD on!!!
  • volgirl1322
    Oh dear sorry about your drama.....don't worry about your pounds they will for sure come off.....You are a boss babe with that business -way to go...

Cuteness of the little man....... <3<3

We are having Culvers tonight......can't wait....
  • mistymeadows2005
    No worries - Ced had a panic attack and was like "OH GOD! ARE YOU PREGNANT?!!?" - I sure as *kitten* hope not, but it WAS really weird and outta nowhere....90 day birth control so I guess I'll find out in 5 weeks :D It's probably just stress etc LOL

Are you getting the pretzel thing at Culver;s Donna?!?!?!