Desperate weight loss

I’m 22 and I weight 69 kg but my ideal weight is 55kg , It’s my throes day on a diet and I’m not having any carbs etc mainly meat veg and some fat
Basing it on a Keto diet
I’m currently eating about 700-800 calories per day and burn about 1000-1200 as my job is very active , how fast will I loose weight ?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    At that unhealthy calorie level you will lose weight too fast (a lot will be water rather than body fat though from going low carb), probably last a couple of weeks and then crash horribly, especially considering your "very active job".

By the way - veg are carbs.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    No, Just no. Stop and think about this, so you do this insane weight loss thing. And you lose a bunch of weight. THEN WHAT? How will you maintain for the rest of your life? Losing weight takes time, I doubt you got to your present weight in no time at all. Crash diets fail, that is what you are attempting. Yes even anyone on Keto would never suggest someone go down to so little food. You are not going about this the right away. Please rethink this.
  • iheartmyyorkie
    iheartmyyorkie Posts: 163 Member
    You're not going to get the answer to your question here. Because weight loss is not about being fast or desperate. It's about common sense and not starving yourself.
  • yamabachi
    yamabachi Posts: 273 Member
    edited November 2019
    To answer your question, you can use MFP to predict your weight loss.

Use the food diary and log all of your food for the day in MFP. When you complete your diary for the day and hit the "Complete this entry" button, MFP will give you an estimate of what you will weigh in 5 weeks. I don't know how they work their specific algorithm, but the rule of thumb is 3600 calories burned is equivalent to 1 lbs of weight loss. IOW, you need to create a cumulative calorie deficit over several days equivalent to 3600 calories. Thus, if you want to lose weight at the rate of 1 lb of loss per week, this means you need to eat about 500 calories less per day than you are now, or burn off 500 calories per day with exercise/activity.

If you truly are only eating 700-800 calories per day, MFP will instead give you a warning that you are not eating enough and reference the National Institutes of Health recommendation of no less than 1000-1200 calories for women and 1200-1500 calories for men.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited November 2019
    You will lose fast - including fat, water, and MUSCLE. The most important muscle in your body is your heart. You could lose part of your heart. This is how extremely low calorie diets cause heart failure - yes even at 22 years old! Please don't do this to yourself.
  • sarah20397
    sarah20397 Posts: 44 Member
    Hi! We’re in a similar situation, around the same age and same goal weight. I’m focusing on calorie deficit. I aim to eat 1200 calories a day, and then I usually burn off 600ish. Your way doesn’t sound sustainable, usually the body starts to cling to the weight it has when it realises that you’re not getting enough nutrition. You’ll also get sick quicker, and feel weak and tired because you’re not getting enough nutrients! I’d rethink your goals if I were you, it’s much easier to lose and maintain weight loss by building a healthy and sustainable lifestyle.
  • Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,902 MFP Staff
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for closing this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

6. Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

I WILL:
    • I will allow members to share experiences without judgment. Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found on our Eating Disorder Resources page.
    • I will understand that people have a complicated relationship with food.

I WON'T:
    • I won’t use any aspect of our service to promote anorexia, bulimia or any unsafe dieting practices.
    • I won’t promote very low-calorie diets.
    • I won’t diagnose other members.

• Please note: Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low-calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this closed discussion may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Nova
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.