fast food and weight loss?

if I stay under my calories suggested (1200) is it ok to still eat fast food and lose weight? has anyone else are fast food all the time and still lost weight?

Replies

• I eat Chick Fil A at least 2-3 times every week and lose weight. I have my doubts that their mac and cheese nutritional info is accurate but no problems so far.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    I eat Chick Fil A at least 2-3 times every week and lose weight. I have my doubts that their mac and cheese nutritional info is accurate but no problems so far.

I have a lot of doubts about Chick Fil A *cough*

OP, I lost 90 lbs basically living off fast food, frozen dinners, and "junk" food. I gained 30 back but blame undereating on Weight Watchers for that. I lost another 65 lbs (including the extra 30) eating a little bit better but still eating all that fun stuff I like. :) I only really gave up fast food because I stopped eating out during my lunch hour and took that time to walk instead.

It's all about the calories.
  • kbohez1
    kbohez1 Posts: 1 Member
    Yep. Most places have all the calorie info you need. Taco Bell is super calorie friendly
  • I eat Taco Bell several times a week and still lose weight.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    3v0l1s0m3 wrote: »
    if I stay under my calories suggested (1200) is it ok to still eat fast food and lose weight? has anyone else are fast food all the time and still lost weight?

What would a typical day look like? Is it nutritious and does it keep you full?

I'd find it impossible to stay full on typical fast food at 1200 calories.
  • I eat Taco Bell several times a week and still lose weight.

Taco Bell calories add up fast or maybe I just eat a lot there!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    I’ve only been here since June. I would only choose fast food places that have precise nutritional information. If I didn’t have this rule for myself, I wouldn’t be fully in charge of my calorie intake. If I want to succeed at this, I need to be accountable for my food choices.
  • Zimm7
    Zimm7 Posts: 44 Member
    It's too easy to get knocked off your eating plan with fast food. Save it for an occasional cheat meal, if it's something you enjoy.
  • Lobsterboxtops
    Lobsterboxtops Posts: 92 Member
    edited November 2019
    I need breakfast in the morning and don’t have the time to cook. (If I’m super motivated i’ll Bring a bagel, egg, and cheese to the office and cook a breakfast sandwich there) Panara and Chick-fil-A to the rescue. It works for me, I’m on the 1200 base + exercise calories so I have about 1400-1500 a day. It works for me to eat most of my calories in the morning. I eat ~600-700 calories in the morning and then light for the rest of the day.

I think I might find it hard on a 1200 only no exercise day. But that hasn’t been an issue since it is one of my things that I row every morning for at least 20 min.

ETA; i’ve Lost 10lbs in my first 3 months of tracking this way and 20 without tracking and just the exercise in the 6 months before
  • iheartmyyorkie
    iheartmyyorkie Posts: 163 Member
    I've been eating breakfast at Wendy's for weeks and have never felt better.
    Oh I forgot to mention Wendy is my yoga instructor. :#
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,983 Member
    Can you lose weight and eat fast food if your calories are still in a deficit? yes, of course.

Problem is, you're probably going to be rather hungry, and find that you don't get much food for the calories. Nutritionally I think everyone is well aware that most fast food is not a particularly wise choice for overall health and well being.

I'll admit, I still enjoy it sometimes - but I keep it to a "special" meal/treat when I've really been hankering for some for several days, and just plan my calories/meals accordingly.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited November 2019
    It might be possible calorie wise but from a healthy standpoint..I have my doubts. Salt, fat, cholesterol, wouldn't all those counts be way up there? Plus I find most fast food places sorely lacking in the produce department. JMO
    But good luck to you with it; if it's working for you then that's what matters most!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited November 2019
    The challenge is that it’s really hard to stay under 1200 a day eating typical fast food, which generally has mostly high cal options. It is also hard enough to stay satiated on 1200 and even harder on fast food because you don’t get a lot of volume for the calories.

Why such a low calorie goal of 1200?
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Yep.

I don't eat fast food all the time, but I do eat chocolate or ice cream pretty much every day.

Calorie deficit is the only thing you need for weight loss. You may find that you are not getting full on 1200 calories of fast food however, and may need to incorporate some lower calories foods like veggies.

SheHulk took the words out of my mouth. CICO is all that matter's, but what controls CI is a different equation. In fact its different for every person.