What do YOU eat for lunch?

Options
124»

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Seared scallops in a brown butter, vanilla, tarragon sauce with steamed baby potatoes and broccoli. Yum!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I'm a sandwich girl. Most days it's an Arnolds Sandwich thin with a bit of mustard, spinach greens, tomatoes, some kind of protein and a slice of Wegmans 2% swiss. Or, instead of protein and swiss, I make tuna salad. Other days it's leftovers from dinner w/ a side salad.

I have that with an apple.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Today was 233g of cherry glazed chicken and 85g of jasmine rice.... There was supposed to be a McIntosh apple too, but I think I left it sitting on the counter at home. Whoops!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Homemade Minestrone Soup and plain nonfat yogurt, finished with a cup of coffee :)
  • flotek72
    flotek72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    5 Panko chicken nuggets by Tyson
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    lately I've been putting leftovers in an Ole brand spinach wrap(50 cal) couple days ago I made a pork roast, roasted zucchini, ground turkey meatballs & ham. I alternate those & add cheese, have it hot or cold
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Shrimp, mushrooms and onions on Shirataki rice.
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I can eat soup any time of the year, but now that it's fall, I love soup for lunch. I double up on the veggies, strive to have beans and greens in all my soups and cut out the salt. That's the thing with soups. You can follow your dietary idiosyncrasies. One pot can last for many meals. I pull out an individual serving from the freezer and let it thaw before lunch. Sometimes it can stand on its own or maybe I'll need some toasted Dave's 21 grain with a sprinkler of parmesan if I had a big morning swim. Tip - if you're trying out a new soup, make half a batch to test it out. Remember that they frequently are more delicious the next day.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    A very disappointing chicken shawarma bowl from my favorite Lebanese grocery store's deli. They were have a very off day. This is maybe the second time I've ever gotten something that I don't like there (and not the first time I've gotten this dish) and I go there once every week or two.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Meh, for lunch I keep it simple: cheese and/or cold cuts in a bread roll or pita, and a fruit.

It's the intersection of "reasonably cheap", "reasonably nutritious" and "convenient".
  • armyvet25
    armyvet25 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Today, 400 calories worth of pizza
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Today was......Plain Greek yogurt with low sugar strawberry jam and frozen berry medley mixed in. I think plain greek yogurt with mix-ins tastes so much fresher than the convenient tubs I take to work.
    Small green salad with light ranch.
    1 cup of chicken noodle soup.
    10 mini pretzels with 10 g cheddar.
  • memurph88
    memurph88 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I usually have leftovers from the previous nights dinner.
    I also keep portioned chili in the freezer for when there are no leftovers!
  • suzettewyland
    suzettewyland Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    M-F I have some sort of healthy choice/smart ones dinner. Bag of 1oz chips, bag of mini cookies, mini fruit roll up and an unsweetened iced tea. I basically pack lunch like a middle schooler
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    1tq04xx5bfgu.jpeg

Sauce is blended silken tofu, lemon juice, soy milk, salt and pepper. Mixed into mashed chickpeas with nutritional yeast, curry powder, chilli flakes and sesame seeds. Loaded into a small baked sweet potato with boiled asparagus!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    We had leftover sushi takeaway from the night before.
    9zkxfusfcto2.jpeg