What are your 2020 Fitness Goals?

What are YOUR 2020 fitness goals?

I’ve finally taken some time to write out what I’m hoping to accomplish next year. I like to get these written out before the New year.

Here are mine:

Finally get my sub 2 hour half marathon (Current PR is 2:01:54). I’m going to do this by dropping some weight (I run faster when I’m lighter), adding in quality speed/hill work weekly, and building to a long run of at least 14 miles (I fall apart the last 5K of the half, so building to a bit over the distance helps me a lot). I’m going to be smart about which half marathons I choose and be okay with saying “no” to races that are sent my way. I’m also going to work on PR’ing my 10K time. I’d like to go 54:30 for that (Current PR is 54:51).

I am also committing to yoga at least once a week. It helps keep me loose, helps me control my breath, and helps with my mental focus in running and all exercises.

Last but not least, a goal is to complete a century bike ride (100 miles). I’ll need to find a good training program for this, but am excited to tick it off my bucket list.

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Sahale and Forbidden Peaks. That gorgeous looking meadow below the PCT at Harts Pass. Happy nights in the Pasayten.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Suck less, which is to say - improve.
    Race in the men's novice 1x at NW regionals in June.
    Keep up with weight training at least through the end of the winter.
    Gain more confidence in rowing and weight lifting.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    Stop injuring myself.

Get back to the gym and weight lifting when my back starts behaving.

Set a PR for a Century ride. Set my current PR of 5:47 this year and would love to get under 5:30 in what will be my 60th year. Booked a closed roads Century event in June 2020 and waiting to hear if another entry in August has been accepted.

(OP - message me if you want pointers towards a Century training plan, happy to help.)

Careful here. I received a warning for doing this. Only offering to help someone. Apparently it's against the rules to request someone message you if I remember correctly.

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    MrThin13 wrote: »
    I would like to be 20lbs lighter and not feel so much in pain.
    I know it's not a marathon run or lifting mark. I would like to be in better shape to do a mud run this coming 2020.

As a person who has dealt with chronic pain 24/7 for the past couple decades I feel this.

There is established evidence that resistance training helps with pain. I encourage you to reap the benefit of resistance training.

Good luck with your goal(s).
  • pecabonitas
    pecabonitas Posts: 153 Member
    My goal to hit my GW is in April 2020..... when that happens I plan to throw a huge 🎉
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    my goals are simple
    1. Continue to be a regular visitor to the gym (at least three workouts a week)
    2. 10 unassisted pullups/chinups (getting there!). I can do 13 with some cheating (swinging and not complete up and down....but can do about 3-5 nice and clean
    3. cardio cardio cardio