Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Lana - Pampered Chef has oil spray units.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    I also just searched online and found some interesting olive oil sprayers - enjoy!!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Hit with a fever and crappy feeling since Monday night. Couldn't get into doctor till Friday. DH had several client appointments today so he could not take me. Plus would rather just work from home than sit for hours with sick people at the walk-in clinic. So have been tracking temperature. No fever the last few hours. Fingers crossed I can head back to office tomorrow.

On the bright side, have had little to no appetite so weight is down! Have to make sure I keep on task and not slip into old habits. Want to lose weight to fit into nice dress for Jeep holiday party in December. (crossing fingers I can make that happen)

Got all boxes for supervisor's military care package ready to send. Had to break it down to 4 smaller boxes instead of 1 large box. Hopefully all boxes make it there okay. Used USPS Click-N-Ship to make labels and pay postage. Never done that before. Hope it works!!

Hope you feel better, soon. Seems like, it's gonna be a rough winter with all the sickness already. Hugs
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Up with dog, time change has her all messed up. She is eating again and fussing over leash collar, but she spent part of the night sleeping with me, so I am okay with that. Lawn is so wet that it is a marsh. Company knows and they are "working on it". I just roll my eyes.

Need to work again on tossing things out after work.

Hope for a little more sleep before dog walk.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member
    Good morning ladies~~

Lynn - keep at it girl! We will get this done!

Sara - I hope that you got more sleep~~

Dawn - how are you doing? Do you feel mostly back to normal? Sending hugs~~

Nikki - Keep chipping away at it - you are doing great!

Kathryn - I hope that you feel better today. Crossing fingers~~

As for the olive oil sprayers, I got frustrated when I Googled for info:
    It seems that America's Test Kitchen (Cook's Illustrated) had a best sprayer listed, but it is no longer made. Grr.

I am not a subscriber, so I can't see what other sprayers are good. I don't know if you all are familiar with America's Test Kitchen, but they test the *kitten* out of things, and so I'm loathe to buy one of the failure oil sprayers. These things are like $20 or more, which is a lot of money for me these days. Pampered Chef wants $30!
    My sister would call this a First World Problem. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Waving to Tracy and Tracey and Skinny and Missy and Runa and Laura and and Saltine and everyone else who stops by ~~

Lana

252.6 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2019
    Tried lampshade on dog, pulled a back muscle have heating pad at work just in case. Thing stayed on dog a whole hour..... I give up.

I buy America's Test Kitchen cookbooks - dont they offer more than one option??

Meeting to rush to.
  • LanaCabana537

I buy America's Test Kitchen cookbooks - dont they offer more than one option??

Meeting to rush to.

Sara - when I go to the cooks illustrated website, they allow one to see only so much. Unsurprisingly, one needs to be a paid subscriber to get all of the information. Maybe I'll take another pass at it after I've done my ugly paperwork for the day. From other sites, I do know that clogging is an issue with many of them. I KNOW my luck would be to buy one that easily clogs.....

So sorry to hear that Tillie is having a rough time. Poor doggie! 🤗💖
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Lana - I bought a $5 stainless steel oil sprayer from the BBQ section with grills and charcoal. Thought even if I had to buy a couple a year, that was cheaper than the expensive ones. I have had it 3 years now and no issues, just an occasional rinse of sprayer part under hot, hot water. Has lasted longer than the others I paid $20+ for!! Might start looking in BBQ section. I have a subscription to Cooks Illustrated. I will see if I can find that review for you.

Sara - I'm sorry, I cant remember - are you moving to a completely new area or to another section of your apartment complex? was wondering if you will have to deal with same management or going somewhere with better management.

Dawn - took a couple of days but am over the fever. still feel tired but at least not feeling so sick and crappy.
  • LanaCabana537

Kathryn - If you can find anything online/Cooks Illustrated about sprayers that would be great, but don't spend more than 10 minutes. 🙏🏻

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    FRIDAY

Good morning, TGIF!

Dog is hungry, she sleeps with me and she rubs her face. I have stopped the ointment to see if it heals, but dog looks like she has a shiner. Will call Vet tomorrow to ask.

Work is a headache - so TGIF is well earned today.

Kathryn, I am staying in complex. Proximity to work is why.

Will try and lurk - wave to all who follow.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    Holiday next week spent two days grooming the dogs look lovely then Alfie found the biggest foggiest mud pile and ran in it legs black as soot not time now for a full bath just a good wash typical!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Annliz - is Alfie usually so contrary?
  • LanaCabana537

Hi Sara
    Hi AnnLiz

The Cabana Boys have a great Happy Hour planned for us today~~

*tossing hat and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

253.6 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Sorry not been around. I had to urgently get to France as my partner’s dad died. What a year. 😪 then had French train strikes so could not get back to UK and had stressful clients and then when finally back yesterday came back to a boiler not working and a sick cat. Freezing cold house😱 so fixed the boiler and took cat to vet after work today and had major headache most of day. All the stress... hey ho. Vet can’t find anything immediately wrong but my furry boy is not his usual happy self😿he’s 17 so I worry about my furry baby. Taken bloods and will see if that tells us anything. What with boiler, travel tickets and vet just been non stop expense.

So back to it. Not lost weight but not gained it either.

Welcome to Hanna.

Welcome back to Niki - lovely photo of you and horsey.

Lana - hope you are doing ok

Sara - sorry doggie not well. Wish they could talk don’t you so you know what’s wrong with them.

Kathryn hope you are feeling better.

Waves to all you lovely ladies and those lurking. 👋🏻🙏🏻
  • LanaCabana537

Laura - you've been through the wringer! So sorry to hear about partner's dad.
    Hope that your fur baby feels better soon and that you have gotten rid of your headache. Hugs!

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Sorry not been around. I had to urgently get to France as my partner’s dad died. What a year. 😪 then had French train strikes so could not get back to UK and had stressful clients and then when finally back yesterday came back to a boiler not working and a sick cat. Freezing cold house😱 so fixed the boiler and took cat to vet after work today and had major headache most of day. All the stress... hey ho. Vet can’t find anything immediately wrong but my furry boy is not his usual happy self😿he’s 17 so I worry about my furry baby. Taken bloods and will see if that tells us anything. What with boiler, travel tickets and vet just been non stop expense.

So back to it. Not lost weight but not gained it either.

Welcome to Hanna.

Welcome back to Niki - lovely photo of you and horsey.

Lana - hope you are doing ok

Sara - sorry doggie not well. Wish they could talk don’t you so you know what’s wrong with them.

Kathryn hope you are feeling better.

Waves to all you lovely ladies and those lurking. 👋🏻🙏🏻

So sorry. Glad you finally were able to get back. Keep us posted about kitty. 17 isn't young, but cats live forever. Hope he's ok... huge hugs
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Should be a quiet day here. Will tackle a couple of areas for dejunking. Booked movers last night will figure out when on that day in a week or so as it wont take all day.

Finally cold here in the morning. Drink your water and get some steps in!!

Wave to all who follow.
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Thanks for all kind thoughts Lana and arniedog.

Sara hope you get all done that you want today. Good luck in prepping for move. Always stressful. Hope doggie is improving. ❤️

Waves to all xx
  • LanaCabana537

Well, I must have stayed too long at the Cabana Boys' happy hour yesterday and caught a nasty head cold from one of them!
    I feel like dog *kitten* 😰
    .....and dang, the scale is going up again. *sob*

Lana

254.2 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana- dont false advertise, cboys do not have germs to pass along..... hope you can curl up with a hot drink (spiked??) and get some rest.

Tomorrow's job after making things for work meals is to clean house for spider webs - seeing too many and I wont have to do it again in this apt. I dare those spiders, they have 3 weeks. May also do some incidental cleaning as I go.

Hard boiled eggs, chicken salad. Wash dishes, so a gentle cycle wash. Nap?? My to do list tomorrow.

Acorn TV and Doc Martin and then curl up with Miss T. She has a sore face hence the struggle with the dog collar, but she must be on collar/leash to be outside.

Wishing all a good night.