breakfast

Options
armyvet25
armyvet25 Posts: 48 Member
edited November 2019 in Food and Nutrition
2x sweet potato hash brown(cakes) 2x cracked pepper/honey strips bacon, 2 lg eggs sunny side up, black coffee.
To prepare sweet potato hash browns, clean/peel/shred 2 medium sweet potatoes, add 1 lg egg, 4oz shredded cheddar cheese, seasoned salt, pepper, green onions 2 tbsp miracle whip, blend/patty fry on med/high heat in vegetable oil till golden delicious. I cut bacon in half, generous pepper corn, tbsp honey, fry low/med heat-trick to getting good caramelized bacon, lower your heat, flip bacon twice.
The whole Hash brown recipe was probably under 380 calories, and it yielded approx 6 cakes, and I only ate 2.
660qnmoxqqcn.jpg
02wjq6bkt7sh.jpg
o2jxx3rf8fbd.jpg
4f4gd7d8ec1q.jpg
55eot78cc82f.jpg
4b4eikcfw8di.jpg
bb8msoieyrw5.jpg
9fls70l5mw8b.jpg

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I used to love sweet potato pancakes! I used to make one giant one. I got tired of the cleanup, and it wasn't enough protein. I see you added cheese and bacon, and that would help.
  • lrobi2114
    lrobi2114 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Very interesting...thanks a lot for sharing. I must try this!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Unless the 4 oz of cheddar cheese was a typo, your calorie calculations are off.
    4 oz of cheddar is over 400 calories.
    At 113ish calories per sweet potato, 70 cals for the egg, 26 for the miracle whip and then the cooking oil, you're over 320 cals without the cheese.
    Add the 4 oz of cheddar and you're in the ballpark of around 760-780 cals.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Unless the 4 oz of cheddar cheese was a typo, your calorie calculations are off.
    4 oz of cheddar is over 400 calories.
    At 113ish calories per sweet potato, 70 cals for the egg, 26 for the miracle whip and then the cooking oil, you're over 320 cals without the cheese.
    Add the 4 oz of cheddar and you're in the ballpark of around 760-780 cals.

You beat me to it. I'm wondering if maybe OP used low fat or nonfat cheese, which would shave about 200 calories off the total. It would still be way over OP's estimate.
  • armyvet25
    armyvet25 Posts: 48 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Sorry guys, wrong type of cheese and amount and calorie count per, pain in the *kitten* using their food picker.
    1/4 cup was 96 calories, I need to be able to enter the exact calorie/protein etc on my packages per servings, but haven't figured it out yet. So sometimes my numbers are blown out, or I mis-typed, but I watch it pretty meticulously when cooking, plus your not eating the whole batch, I made 3 servings from the batch.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I'll have a plate of bacon to go please!