November starting weight - 238
    November goal - lose 5 lbs 233
    Ultimate goal - 195, and then decide the next step. Thinking 168

2nd - 237
    9th-
    16th -
    23rd -
    30th

Have a bit of a bump to work on. I switched from 5 mile walks to indoor cycling at home. Because of an issue with my right foot. Very painful on the bottom of foot next to ball of foot. Using all kinds of padded stuff in shoes, a callus protector on foot. And it is back, I am tired of trying different things with this, with no real success. So off to the Dr. on Monday the 11th. All Dr. Google has done is make me more worried. Haha!

I had problems with my foot for so many years with my right foot too. I tried so many things and some of them quite expensive (orthotics). I happened along Vionic shoes a few years ago and have found relief. If caught on sale they are about $79 bucks CAD. I don't represent them or anything, but as someone who went from pain and works on my feet every day this has been a lifesaver.
    The doc said that it is arthritis, but the shoes have saved me big time. I don't have a vested interest or anything, but they were life changing for me.
    They are online at Vionic.ca or probably Vionic.com or Amazon, also most chiropractors carry them but are much more expensive for the same exact shoes. Very quick shipping. I have the walkers, some loafers, and some runners.
    Maybe worth a try for you.

@maureenkhilde Like dawn, I also use Vionic shoes. Orthoheel is also made by them. These shoes have saved my life. It has allowed my feet to heal, so even when walking barefoot inside my house, NO MORE PAIN!! I would never walk or shop without them. I usually have to pay about $99.99 online but the price has been the same for at least 10 years and WORTH EVERY PENNY. I also, am not affiliated to the company in any way. Just trying to help. They take a minute to get used to the feel but look like just plain leather walking shoes. Nice lasting quality.
  • jenn990205
    jenn990205 Posts: 1,207 Member
    I have never heard of the Vionic brand, but had to purchase Othofeet about 6 months ago because of my heels. I did tons of research and this same brand kept coming up. They are about $150.00 a pair, but have saved my life. Just like @deepwoodslady I couldn't walk in my house without shoes on because the pain was so bad. Now I am finally getting my steps back in and doing a lot better. I will definitely check out this other brand. I need a new pair and hate spending so much money on shoes. It sounds like the Vionic brand is cheaper and does the same thing. So thank you very much for the info @deepwoodslady and @dawnbgethealthy !
  • syreina
    syreina Posts: 548 Member
    edited November 2019
    If I keep working the 2nd job, I may meet my Ultimate Goal before the end of the year. I'm standing for a few hours at the second job so my calories burned go up from the typical 100 - 300 calories to 600 calories on the days that I work and in combination with only eating 1200 calories daily some weight loss occurs.

I will attempt to increase my calories to 1300 - 1400. I am not used to losing 2 lbs in one week.

MFP Starting Weight: 140 lbs - February 2011
    Current Starting Weight: 147.4 lbs - November 2017
    November Starting Weight: 125.2 lbs
    November Goal: 122.2 lbs

Height: 5ft

Ultimate Goal: 115 lbs

Weigh-In Days: Monday and Friday

Nov 1: 125.2 at 7am
    Nov 5: 124.6 at 7am [ This was October's starting weight ]
    Nov 8: 123.2 at 7am

Total Loss for October: 2 lbs

Overall Loss from Nov 2017 to Oct 2019: 21.8 lbs
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    @deepwoodslady, @dawnbgethealthy and @jenn990205 I also have feet problems and appreciate the info about shoes!! I will check them out!! Thanks!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    I am not sure if there is a November thread and that I have just missed it.
    Recording my weight anyway just to put it somewhere.

November 03 - 157.9
    November 07 - 158.8 - a week of elimination problems, not usual for me, made an appointment with the doc.
    November 08 - 160.4 - I have had really sore knees for over a week, so can't ice skate : - ( Yesterday I twisted my back funny and am out of commission. I can't exercise at all right now, and I don't lose weight unless I expend 500 calories per day in excercise. I hope that I don't gain too much before I am mobile again. Trying to keep my eating calories low.
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Hey Everyone
    I keep checking back for a new thread, after being a part of this challenge for over a year it feels strange not to have my weekly spot. I appreciate all of the effort Sam has put in to keep this running and will keep a lookout for a comeback.
    A number of us also do the “Give me 10 Days” daily weigh in, it’s a very supportive and welcoming group and you can weigh in as much or as little as you want. So if any of you are looking for a new weigh in spot please hop on over to round 95.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,945 Member
    Even if there's no November, I bet we'll get a December. I hope @SamanthaLouiseMence is ok.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    lalabank wrote: »
    Hey Everyone
    I keep checking back for a new thread, after being a part of this challenge for over a year it feels strange not to have my weekly spot. I appreciate all of the effort Sam has put in to keep this running and will keep a lookout for a comeback.
    A number of us also do the “Give me 10 Days” daily weigh in, it’s a very supportive and welcoming group and you can weigh in as much or as little as you want. So if any of you are looking for a new weigh in spot please hop on over to round 95.

Yes, I have hopped over. Thanks : - )

Somebody else took this thread over at one point when it didn't look like it was going to happen after 5 days, but we are almost a third of the way through the month now and nobody has done that this time.
    This has also been my "go-to" also since I started on MFP.

I echo you @mtaratoot hoping that @SamanthaLouiseMence is okay.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am not sure if there is a November thread and that I have just missed it.
    Recording my weight anyway just to put it somewhere.

November 03 - 157.9
    November 07 - 158.8 - a week of elimination problems, not usual for me, made an appointment with the doc.
    November 08 - 160.4 - I have had really sore knees for over a week, so can't ice skate : - ( Yesterday I twisted my back funny and am out of commission. I can't exercise at all right now, and I don't lose weight unless I expend 500 calories per day in exercise. I hope that I don't gain too much before I am mobile again. Trying to keep my eating calories low.
    November 09 - 161.1 - New high, I have been under 160 for 6 months. Perhaps all of these maladies are connected. 10 days until my doctor's appointment.
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,941 Member
    Samantha's, @SamanthaLouiseMence, last login was 4 days ago. Previously, it was October 20, so maybe she will start a new thread soon. I sent another PM.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,642 Member
    edited November 2019
    I have also been checking. Its never been this late before. I sent her a message several days ago & told her I hoped she was doing okay. No response, so of course, I am worried. Thanks @tiabirdie56 for letting us know she had activity 4 days ago. Perhaps we can worry a little less. In any case, I'll just keep posting.

Tish: When I make my spaghetti squash I always end up adding a marinara or red meat sauce of some kind to make Low carb spaghetti, lasagna or spaghetti casserole. I notice in your diary that you don't mention tomato or spaghetti sauce when you make yours. Just butter salt & pepper? Wondering what your recipe is and how it tastes to you. Thanks for the info.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Original starting weight -May 2018 305
    Starting weight came back Sept 2019 250.6
    November starting weight - 238
    November goal - lose 5 lbs 233
    Ultimate goal - 195, and then decide the next step. Thinking 168

2nd - 237
    9th- 238.2 Ack this is the wrong way. Up 1.2 pounds. Decreased exercising, and both foot and forearm inflammed. Which in turn causes issues.
    But then again I did have one day, that will just say all that popcorn sure tasted good.
    16th -
    23rd -
    30th

Up 1.2 lbs. Well need to get that off. And get back on track, including staying on track Carb wise. Grrr

Everyone have a sensational week.
  • tiabirdie56
    edited November 2019
    Donna, @deepwoodslady, I brush the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, dried basil and oregano, then bake. I rarely add sauce when I eat it, just a little butter. I like my vegetables well seasoned and plain.

Aww Dawn, @dawnbgethealthy, what happened? I have never seen you say that your knees were sore and now a back injury too. 😕 I hope that you recover quickly and get back to ice skating. Keep the starchy carbs in your diet low while dealing with your injuries and you should be okay.💓
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Donna, @deepwoodslady, I brush the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, dried basil and oregano, then bake. I rarely add sauce when I eat it, just a little butter. I like my vegetables well seasoned and plain.

Aww Dawn, @dawnbgethealthy, what happened? I have never seen you say that your knees were sore and now a back injury too. 😕 I hope that you recover quickly and get back to ice skating. Keep the starchy carbs in your diet low while dealing with your injuries and you should be okay.💓

Thanks Tish : - )
    Yes, all of these years of ice skating (all of my life basically) and never sore knees. I am sort of thinking that with my knees out of wack that led to throwing out my back. Working out and ice skating keeps me sane and balanced, but I can't really do anything right now. Not liking this. I felt a tiny bit better this morning so then overdid it mopping the floors (stupid idea) and ended up knowing that I need to rest more. Really not used to inactivity, perhaps I need to embrace it and relax with a good book.
    I didn't know about limiting starchy carbs, I will definitely do that!
  • tiabirdie56
    edited November 2019
    @dawnbgethealthy, I don't know your WOE, but I do know that starchy vegetables and grains help fuel strenuous workouts. Limiting them now until you are back to exercising seems the right thing to do. It has worked for me to keep weight gain to a minimum.

The recommendation is always to ice sore knees, but I can't tolerate that cold. I use heat and gentle stretching, for knee and back. These exercises also help my knees~

link to: knee pain explained
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,642 Member
    @tiabirdie56 OMGOSH what a great link to exercises for knee pain. This is going to help me so much! I've bookmarked it.

Also, thanks for your recipe on the spag. squash. I don't mind adding a marinara like Victoria's every now & then, but those carbs add up in that sauce. It's nice to know another tried & true way of making it. I'll be having that tonight!

@dawnbgethealthy I hope things will improve for you soon. Rest is likely what you need for it. The exercises tiabirdie56 have shared will be a nice form of physical therapy that may help you strengthen those areas. Lots of rest in-between! Also, I am happy to see that you've also joined "Just give me 10 days". It's a great group and I know you are going to fit right in. My best to you.
  • LisaW57
    LisaW57 Posts: 339 Member
    @tiabirdie56 - Thanks for that link! The whole purpose of me doing lunges and squats is to strengthen knees. I see there's some other muscles I need to add! Saved!
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    @tiabirdie56 I also appreciate you posting the link for knee exercises!! I just got another cortisone shot last week in my knee and my doctor told me not to do a lot of walking for another week. So @dawnbgethealthy I really feel for you!! Sure hope you get better and can skate again soon!! I can’t lose weight without exercise either. I will say it has helped my knees some to lose weight. Take care!!