Can’t keep living this way

Sorry for the ominous title haha but it’s how I feel right now. I’ve struggle with weight my entire life and I’ve lost and gained weight countless times. This time I want it to stick. I need it to stick. Just looking for people who are fighting the same fight to help keep each other motivated and inspired. There is noting easy about this but with friends it’s possible.

Replies

• giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    It's definitely possible with people on your side. Do you have a plan?
  • anthonyschug
    anthonyschug Posts: 8 Member
    Agreed, it definitely is possible. I have a plan but I’m always wondering if it can be improved upon. I also have always had a hard time sticking to the plan.
  • Wycaoak
    Wycaoak Posts: 26 Member
    Been feeling the same way for a while. Finally decided to come back, and though the weight is slowly coming off, I feel immensely better in my 2ish weeks back. I'm learning on the fly, but if you want to connect, definitely send me a invite!
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Consistency is key. That's how logging helps I think. We don't need to be perfect but we do need to be accountable.
  • anthonyschug
    anthonyschug Posts: 8 Member
    I agree, you can’t be perfect but you can at least be consistent hopefully.
  • BeccaLinn0074
    BeccaLinn0074 Posts: 17 Member
    You can add me. I just started up again and feeling the same way. Have been checking in daily with a few friends here and then we use Facebook, messenger and Instagram also to keep in touch and stay accountable. If u want to do that let me know.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    So far I’ve lost around 46lbs but it hasn’t been easy at times. I find that when I go off plan (for example, I end up eating the junk I shouldn’t), I don’t let it spiral out of control. I wake up the next morning and start afresh, instead of thinking “Well I ate that last night so I might as well just do the same today”.

MFP has been an excellent weight loss tool for me and I’m positive it can be for you, too. I started out by logging everything I ate and then I looked back to see what changes I could make. For example, I cut out fried foods and used the grill instead, I swapped my full sugar drinks for sugar free, I switched from white bread/pasta to brown, I stopped taking 2 spoonfuls of sugar in my tea (this was a hard one). Most importantly, I started to weigh out my portions which was a real eye-opener.

I created small, attainable goals. Instead of saying “I want to lose 40lbs by...” I broke it down into small chunks. I accepted that the weight loss would be a slow process instead of expecting fast results and being disappointed when it didn’t happen.

Another important thing for me is honestly. Being honest with myself about what I’m eating and tracking it no matter what it is.

All the best!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Ok Anthony....it's a challenge and sometimes feels like such an uphill battle that you'll just want to throw arms arms in the air and say I can't do this! But reality is you CAN do this. With people supporting you, making better choices, not listening to that negative voice in your head and doing it day after day after day. Yeh, sounds like a grind doesn't it?? But it doesn't have to be. Looking ahead at better health physically, having a better self image, being more comfortable in your own body, wearing more stylish clothes(my own vanity reason speaking there), being more confident in your self and feeling much more empowered. "I lost 10#? Wow, I got this!! I can lose another 10!"
    In all my life I've lost weight several times(and gained it back again GRRR)with a very real tangible goal such as going on a trip. But now the time has come in my life where I want to be at a healthy place because I know I want to be a healthier person, for ME. I can now breathe like a 'normal' person, I can wear 'normal' size clothes. I can walk outside my door and not feel like a freak. Yes, I was becoming terribly housebound because of my very negative self image.
    Whatever your reasons are for wanting to do this, you CAN make the changes you need to feel better. I used to hate it when people would say 1 day at a time or baby steps. I was too impatient to take it slow, I wanted all that fat I had piled on my body to simply disappear overnight(okay, I'd've been happy with a week) but it doesn't work that way. It's so true when they say make little changes and those will turn into bigger changes. It's going to take time but being here is such an awesome(do people still say that word? :))way to start!! Wish I'd had this place 40 years ago.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    You have come to the right place - trust the MFP calculations, chose your own macros so you avoid "cheat meals" and bing - eating. Read up on MFP & members great knowledge and experience. Prepare a simple meal plan for the next day, take it day by day, meal by meal and DON'T stress. Soon enough you will be able to go for a little walk and enjoy nature. (600 days gone, about 44 kg / 98 pounds down and much more to go...).
  • Back_4_more
    Back_4_more Posts: 92 Member
    I'm back in the same boat. I lost 65lbs 5 years ago and did a pretty good job of keeping it off until this past winter. I've gained over 50lbs back and having a hell of a time getting back in the groove.
  • Interpol888
    Interpol888 Posts: 21 Member
    Stop lying to yourself.

No more excuses buddy. Get busy
  • SageJJ93
    SageJJ93 Posts: 96 Member
    I'd love to have you as a friend here! I began my journey at 315.1lbs at the beginning of January, currently I weigh 229lbs! Im only 5'3" so I have a lot yet to lose. You CAN do this, just keep logging your foods, it WILL stick. Stay positive! I sent you a request!😁
  • saskdad2021
    saskdad2021 Posts: 4 Member
    I've battled weight my entire life. Just like you I would lose then gain. This time Im trying again. I have a wife, 3 girls and a 3yo grand daughter. That's something I think about. If you like, add me as a friend. All the very best to you. We can do this😁.
  • prontopups9615
    prontopups9615 Posts: 2 Member
    I’m in the same boat Anthony. You are not alone. We can do this!