Last time you eat during the day?

I'm having a really hard time not eating anything after 6 p.m. I usually have a snack of maybe 150 calories before I go to bed. It's still within my allotted number of calories for the day but I have a feeling it's part of the reason for such scale fluctuation. I've found I'm much happier with my scale if I don't eat after dinner.
Do any of you see that happen too or am I over thinking this and it'll all work out?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Meal timing doesn't matter. Right now I never stop eating even through the night. I eat every 2-3 hours.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited November 2019
    I eat my most calorie dense meal at breakfast, then lower at lunch and lower still at dinner, at about 6 pm.

My dinner is typically a large salad, so low calories but large volume.

I no longer snack in the evening.

OP, you’re making this harder than it has to be. 😉
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    I usually eat a slice of cheese or banana after walking the dog around 11 p.m. If I'm still or again hungry, I eat something else before going to bed at 1:00 or so. I'm at maintenance, and get a lot of exercise, so I usually have enough calories left at the end of the day to cover it. If not, I'm usually only a little over, and it seems to work out over the week. After 5 or so years of eating and exercising at about the same calorie level, I've learned that if I'm hungry, there's a reason and it's better to eat than to lie in bed sleepless because I have an empty growling stomach.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    I stop eating at 7 pm sharp. That's the rule in our house - anything other than water or black coffee going into a mouth has to go in between 11 am and 7 pm. I was a huge nighttime snacker until we implemented that rule, but now when dinner is done, that's it until 11 am the next day. It's been working great for us for 6 months.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    I stop eating at 7 because that's part of my GERD diet plan (no food 3+ hours before bed). It certainly also helps me stay within my calories goal.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I usually eat a high protein snack just before bedtime because it helps me sleep through the night. Sleep is important to weight loss, too.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    My last snack is usually about 11:30 pm.

I don't eat breakfast or much of anything until about 11:30 am.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited November 2019
    I usually stop eating somewhere around 7 pm and start back eating around 7 am. That is just my routine since starting my WLJ. works for me
  • CorineJN
    CorineJN Posts: 13 Member
    Sometimes just before I brush my teeth. Makes no difference as long as it's within my allotted food.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    I sleep better on a full (not overfull) stomach. Not eating after 6 pm would have a negative impact on my sleep and this would hinder weight loss more than keeping within calories but eating not long before bed ever would.
    I consume half of my daily calories after 6 pm and not only lost weight without a problem but have maintained that loss for over 2 years. However, I am also aware that for some night time snacking leads to overeating. Others don't sleep as well if they eat not long before bed. What works best for one will not work best for all.

I agree with this. I'm a person who can't sleep as well on a fuller stomach.

I usually eat a pretty early dinner at 5-6 pm and then don't eat anything else for the night. Of course if I have special dinner plans or have dessert, it's later, maybe 8 pm. I consider myself finished eating when I brush/floss. I am hungry for breakfast at 7 am the next day and that works for me.

Some people like to space out their calories over the day in mini meals. Works for many, but it only makes me feel dissatisfied. I eat a small breakfast and a pretty large lunch and dinner, but rarely any other snacks. So about 80% of my daily calories are consumed between 11:30 am and 6 pm.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    I can't stop eating at night, I seem to crave food more at night than when I am busy during the day so I don't set hard rules. I basically limit my intake throughout the day to allow myself room for my late night meals. Calories are the only thing I worry about, stay within my limit and life is good.