StrongCurves support group anyone?

Hi guys, I just purchased this book and was thinking of starting it. Has anyone does this program on a caloric deficit, and do you know of a support group I could join?

Replies

• Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,493 Member
    There is a group here, but I don't think it's active anymore. I sent a join request months ago and it was never approved. I've been doing a slightly modified version to fit the equipment (and body) I have and I've been quite pleased with the results.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    There are a few groups but they are not active. I have done the program in a deficit, maintenance and surplus. You can add me if you want I am very familiar with the program :)
  • hestavi
    hestavi Posts: 21 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    There are a few groups but they are not active. I have done the program in a deficit, maintenance and surplus. You can add me if you want I am very familiar with the program :)

Thank you so much ! Will send you an add request. What's your take on eating at a deficit while doing this program? I'm trying to lose weight and can't afford to eat at maintenance or surplus.
  • hestavi
    hestavi Posts: 21 Member

Awesome thanks! Can I add you?
  • sardelsa
    hestavi wrote: »

Thank you so much ! Will send you an add request. What's your take on eating at a deficit while doing this program? I'm trying to lose weight and can't afford to eat at maintenance or surplus.

Hey I added you I'm not sure what happened but the system was down for a bit

Yea it can definitely be run eating at a deficit, just make sure it is appropriate for your goals, (not too aggressive) and you are getting enough protein (0.8-1g per lb goal weight or lean body mass).
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,260 Member
    Hi. I plan to start tomorrow. @sardelsa - too bad the group fizzled out. I received such helpful info - esp from you. How long did it take for you to see results?
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    Hi. I plan to start tomorrow. @sardelsa - too bad the group fizzled out. I received such helpful info - esp from you. How long did it take for you to see results?

Hi @CeeBeeSlim , do you think we could start our own group? You could add me here or on Facebook, for weekly check-ins and support. Let me know.
  • sardelsa

I am still a part of the group so if people post I can still respond there.

It depends what kind of results. I ran Strong Curves first in a surplus and I saw pretty significant growth within a few months. I then continued to run it in maintenance. I also ran it (a modified version of the beginner and bodyweight programs) while pregnant, and ran it after having baby where I retained muscle while I lost weight. After that I moved on to other very similar programs.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    @capriqueen @sardelsa. I’d be interested in “grouping” again but I’m not on FB. @sardelsa - any idea if capriqueen can easily join the subgroup or does she need to be formally added by I think Tiffany? Capriqueen - I think if you join the group you’d have access to a bunch of posts, questions and replies that are helpful!

I want to lose about 10-15 (GW 125) pounds. Every trainer I worked with said GW should be 135. So not a lot to lose, just squishy.
  • capriqueen
    @CeeBeeSlim or @sardelsa can you point me to the group please?
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Here is the name of the group.

Strong Curves by Bret Contreras and Kellie Davis (Ladies ONLY)

It was started by @tiffanylacourse.

I tried to add you but I can’t. Perhaps @sardelsa can help?

Which specific SC program are you doing?
  • sardelsa
    edited November 2019
    This is the link to the group
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113531-strong-curves-by-bret-contreras-and-kellie-davis-ladies-only

I tried to contact Tiffany and I'm going to see if I can get admin rights. I might start a new group if enough people are interested. Maybe something that includes all Bret Contreras programs since I am running one from his new book
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Thanks @sardelsa. New book?! Ooooh.

Since I’m kinda still a newbie, would sticking to SC - for now - make more sense? I was going to repeat the “gluteal goddess” program.
  • sardelsa

Since I’m kinda still a newbie, would sticking to SC - for now - make more sense? I was going to repeat the “gluteal goddess” program.

Yea SC is great I think you can run it for quite some time before you have to move on. Even if you finish the advanced program and want to change it up but love the format, he includes that template to follow to build your own program.

I am following the intermediate program from his book Glute Lab. It's very similar to Strong Curves but each month places emphasis on different exercises.. hip thrusts, then squats, then deadlifts.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,493 Member
    This is the link to the group
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113531-strong-curves-by-bret-contreras-and-kellie-davis-ladies-only

I tried to contact Tiffany and I'm going to see if I can get admin rights. I might start a new group if enough people are interested. Maybe something that includes all Bret Contreras programs since I am running one from his new book

That would be the group I attempted to join but never got approved. :disappointed:
  • capriqueen

Yea SC is great I think you can run it for quite some time before you have to move on. Even if you finish the advanced program and want to change it up but love the format, he includes that template to follow to build your own program.

I am following the intermediate program from his book Glute Lab. It's very similar to Strong Curves but each month places emphasis on different exercises.. hip thrusts, then squats, then deadlifts.

Thanks a lot, @sardelsa . Can you let me know once she approves? I haven't been able to join the group. I will be starting the program today.
  • sardelsa
    Hi everyone! So Tiffany has made me an admin which is great, so feel free to join the group. Here is the link again

Hopefully we can keep each other motivated, talk about our progress and discuss the program. If you applied and haven't been approved try again since you may have got lost in the jumble.

:)