Having trouble eating recommended calories

Hello,

MyFitness App has recommended I eat 2100 calories to lose weight, however I am struggling to eat all my calories. Is this an issue, will this sabotage my weight loss plan by missing my goal by 500?

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    whats your weight height activity goals
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    I see a lot of posts from people starting out on their weight loss journey that say they can't eat the recommended amount of calories to lose weight. As above I think they are usually not tracking accurately (weighing everything!) or not counting tastes, sips, licks, bites, etc...

If you actually are 100% logging then feel free to add a little treat.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    sat_ax4 wrote: »
    Hello,

MyFitness App has recommended I eat 2100 calories to lose weight, however I am struggling to eat all my calories. Is this an issue, will this sabotage my weight loss plan by missing my goal by 500?

Usually people who say this are either eating more than they realize because they have not quite mastered logging yet or they are adding in some form of food restriction that makes them eat too much low calorie food.

To log accurately it is recommended that you use a food scale to weigh all solid food and that you do not trust the MFP database and that includes scanning barcodes. You need to make sure the calories match the nutrition label or the FDC USDA site. It takes a lot of time at first but it gets easier with time and experience.