Hitting Keto Macros

TravellerBrews
TravellerBrews Posts: 2 Member
edited November 2019 in Food and Nutrition
Hey Everyone,
Been working on keto for about 2 months. Finally dialed in my macros about 4 weeks ago.
Question:
Im 285 lbs male with a goal of 190.
Macros set for 70f, 25p, 5c.
Calculator put me at:
169g Fat, 136g Pro, 27g carb ... 2170cal
Over the last 2 weeks, Im not eating 2170 cal, more like 16-1700. Im not hungry and i feel good. I try to keep my macros balanced as much as possible.
A. Should i be eating more?
B. Should i re-calculate my macros?
Im just concerned im not doing it right. I see the success of others following a system. At times i doubt im doing the system right ya know.
Thanks in advance.
*disclaimer i did attempt to search for this topic. Couldnt find anything uniquely relevant.

Replies

• flotek72
    flotek72 Posts: 500 Member
    edited November 2019
    I've never done keto. Personally I don't think anyone needs to do keto to lose weight. You may want to ask yourself why you are specifically doing keto. In my opinion, it is a fad right now with a lot of misinformation that spouted to the public on why people need to do it.

Based on the info you gave about yourself, I would say you are low in your calculated daily calories. If I knew your height I could calculate something more reasonable. The calories you are eating are enough to make you lose more than 2 lbs per week which is not recommended by doctors. Is building muscle part of your goal? Are you doing any cardio (I know you don't have to do cardio to lose weight, but that would further increase the current 2+ lb/week loss)? As far as protein goes, that seems pretty low. Half of your body weight in grams would be bare minimum in my opinion. If you are trying to build muscle, then 75% or 100% of body weight in grams is more ideal.
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    There is a low carb forum here on MFP, it is loaded with answers, helpful suggestions, success stories and insight from people who have been eating low carb and/or keto for a long time. I encourage you to read there and post your questions. Low carb eating isn’t for everyone, but it most certainly has helped lots of people get and stay healthy. Do what YOUR body needs to be healthy. :)