foods you cant quit eating

Replies

• wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    baked goods: Croissonts, cookies, naan bread, cinnamon rolls. Now I still eat all those things, I just make them fit my calorie goals. I REFUSE to give up everything I love, so I just plan things out. If I have a cinnamon roll with breakfast I skip dessert that night, it's all in the choices you make
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,421 Member
    McVities chocolate digestive biscuits. Used to be too high to buy- til Walmart started carrying them. I looooove the crumbly texture.

Beef jerky. If I make my own, I’m fine with portion control and can eat an ounce serving a day. If it comes ready made in a small bag, I eat the whole three serving bag like *that*

My #1: Cadbury crispy shell eggs or Christmas balls. Oh, how I miss those. I used to eat a couple big bags a day for the weeks leading up to the holidays and would cross my fingers there would be a trove of half price bags the day after.

For me, the worst “trigger” foods are those with texture-crumbly digestives, jerky to gnaw on, and crispy candy-coated chocolate in any size shape of form that I can roll around in my mouth and try to disrobe with my tongue.

LMAO!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Cookies and ice cream are high on my list. But truthfully, I think every food is dangerous for me. Ok, maybe not celery. :) Hmmm, happen to be some in my fridge so maybe I'll get out some stalks.
    Honestly, I could pig out on just about anything so have to be careful what I bring into the house. :(
    Once in awhile I'll make a low carb pumpkin pie with lite cool whip. A serving is 128 cal., not including the topping. I'm the only one who eats it and I'm lucky if it lasts into the next day. Needless to say, it's been awhile since I've made it. :(
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,552 Member
    Sweets for sure, especially chocolate and ice cream. I've even eaten a whole bag of frozen blueberries, calories weren't bad but I think it's too close to ice cream. Now I just bring the occasional pint in the house or single servings.
  • frksfrau
    frksfrau Posts: 108 Member
    My kryptonite is peanut butter. I can go through a jar in a weekend, one spoonful at a time. I’ve found it’s the spoon that triggers me. I can make a peanut butter sandwich and I’m fine. One spoonful always leads to many more.
  • kellycz
    kellycz Posts: 57 Member
    Peanut butter M&Ms. The bag is labeled “Sharing Size” but I can’t make myself share.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    kellycz wrote: »
    Peanut butter M&Ms. The bag is labeled “Sharing Size” but I can’t make myself share.

Those things go down easy for sure.
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    I'm a food addict, the worse it is for me the more I eat. Veggies and Fruit can go rotten before I'll eat them.
  • bethjl96
    bethjl96 Posts: 18 Member
    Little Debbie double decker oatmeal cream pies....love them!
    Oh and beer
  • rdkdm7
    rdkdm7 Posts: 34 Member
    edited November 2019
    I eat more of babys cookies than he does. Also we share his crunch snacks evenly.
  • BrettNS
    BrettNS Posts: 41 Member
    Donair. Can't have often as it's off the charts in calories and sodium.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    thanks so much for replying. I just felt so crazy knowing I cant eat those cinn buns in moderation. I really laughed at a lot of this, we are so much alike, kryptonite, and ramsacking the house. Yes that is why we are here, thanks for the support. I dont want to be fat, I felt terrible so if I can moderate some things fine, if not, they have to go!
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    Chocolate ! I love it lol, but I don't have It too often. When I do, I let myself indulge and don't feel bad about it :)
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    My can't quit, or more accurately won't quit is 'anything new'.

Some company releases a new flavour of something then I'm 100% gonna make room and try those bad boys.
  • Zimm7
    Zimm7 Posts: 44 Member
    Pizza...always pizza...

Yes. It's Pizza.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    SmartFood's cheddar cheese and caramel mixed popcorn. I will eat the whole bag if I buy them. Cheese, salty, sweet, crunchy, YUMMMM!
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    I tend not to buy things or make things that I can't stop eating now. If I do, they are for my BF and he is to "take them to work".

I'd say homemade chocolate chip cookies would get me. Set a plate out of them warm out of the oven in front of me, I'd eat one, and all of a sudden the whole plate will be empty.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    These. Best chocolate meltaways around!
    Heart_Bag-500x500.jpg
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Grapes, apple crumble, Christmas cake, mince pies. I love them all.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    I have been looking at cinnamon bun recipes but am afraid they will be something that would have to be added to this list!