What do you all think about this?

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    What do I think?

I think that even if you had the genetics and dedication to obtain that freakish level of booty, by the time you did, the world would have long since moved onto another fad and you would just end up looking freakish *and* foolish.

Concentrate on the baby inside you and put your energy towards making that little person's life the very best you can. Much better and long-lasting returns in that.

So true. I can't wait for this dad to be done. Why can't the fad just be to be healthy and happy with what you have to work with
  • rdkdm7
    rdkdm7 Posts: 34 Member
    Everything aside, How does everyone asume she isn't already seeing a therapist?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    What do I think?

I think that even if you had the genetics and dedication to obtain that freakish level of booty, by the time you did, the world would have long since moved onto another fad and you would just end up looking freakish *and* foolish.

Concentrate on the baby inside you and put your energy towards making that little person's life the very best you can. Much better and long-lasting returns in that.

So true. I can't wait for this dad to be done. Why can't the fad just be to be healthy and happy with what you have to work with

Because that won't sell millions in supplements, shapewear, sponsorships, adspace, green smoothies, detox tea, etc.
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    edited November 2019
    I want big glutes too :smile: not just for appearance, but for fitness too. In my opinion, the picture looks like she may be wearing shape wear but yes she's gained! (unless it's surgery, padding, I guess we can never know for sure.) How did she do it? Hard work/ good program? Ate at surplus? Shape wear can help keep the tummy tight and give the butt that shape. That would be my guess at how she looks like that. Good luck with your pregnancy and goals, OP. (PS I've never tried shape wear but I've heard it's very uncomfortable)

Edit to add: Yikes, I skipped the rest of this thread before posting. OP, you can probably gain some glute muscles post pregnancy and while eating at surplus. This picture is kind of extreme/ unrealistic to have as a goal, in my opinion. Counseling may help- just to work through the painful, negative feelings you've been having about you body. :heart: You're beautiful and your body is amazing just the way it is.
  • healingnurtrer
    rdkdm7 wrote: »
    People say squats. Lots of squats. But if its not dormant somewhere on your genetics... I'm not sure. I did thousands of squats per my karate masters instructions, picking up checkers, and my *kitten* disappered.
    But maybe I was also cutting, so diet and what u eat too?

Hip thrust will work glutes more than squats. Maybe consider looking up Bret Contreras' programs.
  • rdkdm7
    rdkdm7 Posts: 34 Member
    Sorry not reading the whole thread but skimmed through it some finally but not all of it. You know what though, Sometimes after having a baby, some people get very big in the bottom...
    I mean, like someone suggested, if that happens to you and you got lucky, If you worked out the top of your body more than the bottom... afterwards?
    I wish you luck on your body goals after baby. And I hope all goes well for you and congrats!
    It is actually normal for women to get upset about thier body shapes after pregnancy, granted it doesn't get you down too much for too long.
    I think alot of people have insecurites in thier lives, especially in the world we live in today.
    Its just that we live in a society that promotes perfect mental health where everyone is perfectly balanced mentally, has good credit, is stable in every area of thier life at all times, and is in total control of thier emotions, any deviation from being a real human mentally and not a robot is seen as wrong or crazy.
    Also like some other folks said, we are set up in a society with a media that sets the bar really high for us, in all kinds of areas.
    Also therapy is an option, but it can't always change the way you feel. It can't always change your life. You can try but therapists are not God. They are also people. A good therapist is just a reg person trying thier best to help you.
    Just to let you know, I myself HATE having boobs or a butt. People think that is crazy and thier is something wrong with me.
    But I just am grossed out by my own boobs. It will never change. Society tells me I should absolutley love having huge boobs.
    When they get bigger, people let me know its not all bad, because now you have boobs!!!
    I do my best every day. I'm working on it. I might get stuck with boobs that meh. Arn't what I want. BUT better than yesterdays too huge for me bazookas. 🤣
    I wish you luck and hope that you get to a place with yourself so you feel more comfortable.
    Have you tried like, doing yourself up and taking some selfies? Like other people suggested, shapers? Taking some sexy pics, then you might feel better about yourself?
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    JanetReyna wrote: »
    Why are people so negative? Her instagram username is there, search her up and take a look yourself. I know everyone has a perference but I really do want big gluteus and I’m just looking for advice because I feel I won’t ever reach my goal unless I have plastic surgery and I don’t want to. But I know looking better will help me a lot. I just want some advice on people who have achieved this. Not exactly that goal but women who have gotten big gluteus with fitness.

Help you with what, exactly?
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    So what everyone is saying it’s impossible to reach my goals? Like I really want a thicker lower body and a smaller upper but if I gain more weight from my top than bottom should I just give up? Or what do I doooo?

You go to therapy. For the sake of your unborn child, if nothing else.
  • JanetReyna
    JanetReyna Posts: 291 Member
    The thing is Janet, you post a thread about this pretty frequently.

Relax.

Stop searching Instagram for the biggest glutes. You most likely won't have that dramatic of results because it takes a LOT of work and so far you haven't mentioned the work part of it that you ARE doing. Lifting progressively heavier weights is what you need to focus on. Like we've said every time you post this.

What is your current weight lifting routine? Maybe someone can help you with that part.

Girl, I would relax if I had atleast a little curve and looked more feminine. I’m so insecure in going shopping because I don’t have curves. I can’t wear dresses that are fitted. I don’t like taking pictures from the front because I look broad. Yes, I have so many fat to lose and I don’t know if you have seen my body shape I’ve posted pictures of myself. It’s just really really hard for me to feel comfortable and confident because I want to have more curves and I don’t want to feel like lipo is the only way for me to look differently.

All of these posts you are making today and every time are exactly the same.

Yes, I've posted in your threads before. I've seen your images of yourself.

You're pregnant, so your weight loss may have to take a back seat right now. You can still workout and do squats and other weight-bearing exercises if your doctor approves. So - get his approval and get your lifting on.

You can't change your genetics. You can do the best you can with what you've been given, which is what we all do.

You probably won't look like those images without surgery and hard core lifting.

Go to therapy. For real.

It’s not a problem for me to lift heavy, I was just trying to see if someone here has gotten a big shape with weights.
  • JanetReyna
    So what everyone is saying it’s impossible to reach my goals? Like I really want a thicker lower body and a smaller upper but if I gain more weight from my top than bottom should I just give up? Or what do I doooo?

What do you do?

1. Focus first on your pregnancy and a healthy baby. It will be a long time before any of this is more than a theoretical conversation, and by then your priorities may have changed.

2. See a therapist or other professional for help with your esteem issues and tendency to obsess.

As far as it being possible or impossible to reach your goals, it sounds like your body does not naturally have this configuration, which means that although you can certainly grow larger glute muscles from exercise, it may not be possible for you to ever have as tiny a top half and as huge a bottom half as these examples from just exercise. You won’t know until you try, and since you can’t try right now because you are pregnant, you need to 3. put these thoughts away right now and concentrate on your business for today.

I don’t come from a flat glutes family, I do have glutes but I want them bigger while losing fat from my upper. This is how I look.
  • JanetReyna
    @rheddmobile gvbv095uc9q0.png

You can see I have shape up glutes but you can’t see my upper body fat because of the shirt. So all I’m asking is if it’s possible to lose weight from my upper while keeping my lower and getting thicker.
  • JanetReyna
    I want big glutes too :smile: not just for appearance, but for fitness too. In my opinion, the picture looks like she may be wearing shape wear but yes she's gained! (unless it's surgery, padding, I guess we can never know for sure.) How did she do it? Hard work/ good program? Ate at surplus? Shape wear can help keep the tummy tight and give the butt that shape. That would be my guess at how she looks like that. Good luck with your pregnancy and goals, OP. (PS I've never tried shape wear but I've heard it's very uncomfortable)

Edit to add: Yikes, I skipped the rest of this thread before posting. OP, you can probably gain some glute muscles post pregnancy and while eating at surplus. This picture is kind of extreme/ unrealistic to have as a goal, in my opinion. Counseling may help- just to work through the painful, negative feelings you've been having about you body. :heart: You're beautiful and your body is amazing just the way it is.

I guess her gluteus do look too big but i don’t know I like it. I am not flat, I’ve never been flat you can see some posts from here I’ve posted my body but it’s just really saddening to see my wide arms and wide waist without no definition at all. I’m 14 weeks pregnant and I hope once I deliver my baby I can reach my goal. Hopefully I don’t have to go under the knife :(
  • healingnurtrer

You can see I have shape up glutes but you can’t see my upper body fat because of the shirt. So all I’m asking is if it’s possible to lose weight from my upper while keeping my lower and getting thicker.

Body recomp (lose fat, gain muscle) is possible- eat at maintenance while lifting (but not during pregnancy.) My understanding is that body recomp is a slow process. You can't choose where on your body fat loss will happen.
  • JanetReyna
    Oh ok ok!

Body recomp (lose fat, gain muscle) is possible- eat at maintenance while lifting (but not during pregnancy.) My understanding is that body recomp is a slow process. You can't choose where on your body fat loss will happen.