Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    edited November 2019
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Will contact Vet to see if there is another style of dog collar that fastens a different way and is not so tight around the head. It is our point of conflict at the moment. Neighbor had dog harnesses that were almost jackets.... Looks like a dog trip to store.

Dog let me sleep in a little which was appreciated, but we are going back for more.

Wave to all who follow.
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Had a lovely law school reunion with old friends this weekend. We talked for hours. So lovely when all feel comfortable to share a faith as just takes it to another level of nurturing each other. Really made me appreciate even more to be grateful for all friends on line and In flesh. Really supporting each other is what this life is about.

Sick *kitten* cat back to vets tomorrow for more tests. He’s purring at least but he hates the car so that trauma tomorrow am. Then have to go to work. Hate leaving him at vets.

Not got on scales but I have done cleaning and ironing this pm and pampered self with a face mask, a hand cream and a lie down so I feel I have done positive things for my mood and whatever enhances my mood stops me comfort eating🤗

so I have partly also lanced the boil of an awful client task I’ve been putting off and getting worried about. It’s been festering in thé todo pile but I’ve procrastinated and not dealt with it. On Friday I had the gumption to call client so I now have tomorrow to get a plan and get a handle on it with the client helping so I feel I have got a way forward. I just need to not turn it into another holding response but actually get some concrete action. Hey ho I am so good at procrastinating.

Hope you are a as ok having relaxing Sundays and here’s to a week of positive action. xxx Sara hope doggie is soon getting better. Niki hope husband is feeling ok and horses are giving you joy and Lana hope you feel better soon xxxxHot toddies and lemon are good:) 🥃🥃🥃
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Sara- harnesses are great! Especially, if you struggle with collar... hope you and Miss T can find something to help you both...

Have you received your goodies? If you posted I missed it, sorry. Hope you enjoy!
  • frenchfancy2014
    Arniedog hope you are ok to xx
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Peep
    🐥

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    New harness is a new process to learn but much less drama. Black with pink trim......

Dawn, thank you, yes I did get a package and my bedroom smells of gingerbread doughnut. It just makes me hungry so maybe eat dinner early.

Paying my credit card bill so it is half gone is my birthday present to myself. Strange one, but taking care of oneself financially is underrated.

Wishing all a good night.
  • frenchfancy2014
    Sara very insightful on the finances and how it affects people. It’s very good for the mental health and physical Heath not to have to worry about money. Hard times I know but I felt so much better when I got to grips with it all. I’m Dec I finish paying for my car in France so feeling great about that and then can use the money to finish off paying for French house. Does make you feel lighter xx
  • Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Good morning.

MFP tells me I lost 1.2 pounds - I had to look twice. No after dinner 'snacks' and more water. Seeing a decade go away that I have had for too long. If you saw the "bad" food I ate, you would wonder why I had to look twice at scale as well..........

QOTW: What will you do this week to promote better health?

AOTW: Trees outside leaves finally falling, so spend some time sweeping. Knitting has my shoulders in knots so if sweeping helps??? Make sure to walk my breaks. Rest is more of the same.

Almost done with shawl, but a "row" is like 200 stitches so I got caught up in getting finished. Two more rows and then it will be done. Have a yellow baby blanket to work on. Coworker announced she is pregnant, and usually I make blankets, but we shall see. She has been out so much with the pregnancy, that I will wait and watch.

I am supposed to learn new stuff this week, but I have another 4 hour training class tomorrow so I can see how the Doctor's office is trained, so maybe afterwards.

Wave to all who follow. Will lurk from work.
  • LanaCabana537

Hey all~~

Just a quick check in.
    Sara - you are right - I did not catch my cold from the Cabana Boys. They ARE perfect, indeed. 😍

Back to bed with me.

Lana

251.2 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good monday morning!
    AOTW - I will have to work hard at walking at least the early part of the week. Below windchills tomorrow - but my goal is to still walk daily.
    Sara - Great job on all that packing/organizing. I hope you and Tillie get along with the harness :)
    Lana - sending healing thoughts your way. So many people sick around here....I have been taking all kinds of immunity booster stuff - zicam, elderberry juice, vitamins, etc. I am so immune right now nothing can get me - HA! I hope.
    Waves to Dawn, Laura, Nikki, Runa, Suzu, Skinny, Missy, Tracy, Kathryn (Hope to hear from that last bunch soon :smiley: )
    Lynn
  • Interpol888
    Interpol888 Posts: 21 Member
    Seconds turn to minutes - minutes turn to hours - hours in to days - days in to weeks, weeks into months, months into years

Choose your seconds well
  • Tilliesmommy1
    cboy alert, man tending plants at work with a feather duster in his back jeans pocket, well well....... they are out their ladies.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Morning is webex meeting and insurance training. I am hoping to stay awake.

Found dog runs home when she is done with walk at 3am, just wish I could do that the rest of the day. Harness is around her waist at the moment on walks....

Wave to all who follow.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Had to chip through a surprisingly thick layer of ice to get car to open this morning. Was not prepared for all the snow and ice we got! Trying to stay warm in office today. The heat is not working. Was just above 50 degrees when I got in. (thank goodness for space heaters and chai lattes!) Got authorization to work from home tomorrow.

Lana - still have to look up the oil misters for you. I tried logging in and couldn't remember password. Then was on to something else. have to go back and reset password and get that info for you.

Am down .5lb. I will take anything I can get! Trying to keep calories under budget and drink plenty of water. I will be happy when I can start walking again!

167 CW
    216 HW
    145 GW

• Hannah5147
    Hannah5147 Posts: 49 Member
    Tuesday

2nd week back at it and 2.7lb down and I'm doing 10,000 steps a day. Feeling really positive and determined.

Goal this week is to track on the weekend. Don't want my hard work in the week to go to waste.

Hope everyone is doing well 😊
  • LanaCabana537

Hello Hannah~~

Kathryn - don't worry too much about the misters.....I bought a bottle of olive oil and a thing of olive oil spray at Trader Joe's, and I will sally forth with those two things for a while. Thank you though~~

Sara - wishing you and Tillie both some peace and health~~

Waving to Dawn and Missy and Tracy and Tracey and Lynn and Nikki and Laura and Skinny and Runa and Saltine and Lynnnnnnnnnn~~~~ up in Wisconsin~~~~~

Lana

251.2 again today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    My birthday cake was apple pie and I am wondering if that is my whole dinner......LARGE piece here.

Will see if I can get Miss T outside soon.

Yellow baby blanket has a baby for it and good friend at work whose mother has has a horrible year and is so underweight I will make a shawl for her in the color blue. Trip to Target and Michaels this weekend........

Nice to be doing "good" again.

Wishing all a good night.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Lana - seems i have a subscription to Cooks Illustrated magazine but sometime along the way they made the change to that no longer includes the online information. am a bit ticked about that but oh well.....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Found a Michael's gift card - Yippee!! From a person I dont like as well. Double Yippee!!

I was wondering what gift I could give myself this year for Christmas so I ask the question.

My answer is that I want to be more organized and not fall into the Holiday Vat of caloric food. Moving will organize me by making me through out extra things and how to stay away from the temptations of Holiday food? Still working on that.

Dog up less fussy about her new harness - that screaming she did last week was not good for my BP.

Wave to all who follow. Hope to lurk from work.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning!
    Sara - birthday? I missed it!!! Happy Birthday! Your year sounds like it is off to a great start!
    Lana - hello!
    Kathryn - also hello and congrats on the .5
    Hannah - congrats on 2.7! Wow!
    Also waves to all who stop by. Hope your day is a great one!